Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm not sure about Manan being the origin of the Gnosia, the point is Gnosia!SQ is actually Manan's consciousness taking over her body. That said "true ending is how Kukrushka is created" is totally true, the Remanan/Kukrushka ending is her getting back Remnan as a slave and killing every witness. I think the trick is that the Silver Key does not take you to "another world" but to another timelineof the sorts, it's very implied norma New Game Setsu you meet at the start is the Normal Ending one so she never went into another world, she looped back to the start and brought your body so everything would be consistent. Meaning Kukrushka is very likely trapped in the Gnosia loop, except she's clearly a psycho unable to connect to others so she'll never fill the Key and be forever trapped in a Werewolf game for the rest of existance.

Yo, thanks, I just beat the game all the way and was wondering about that one scene. One question though: I'm still a little unclear about Remnan's relationship to Manan/SQ. She said he was her father-- what does that mean, exactly, and how does it square with his "raised on a planet only with AI?" At first I took it to mean something like: Remnan coded an AI that ended up capturing him and that AI put itself in SQ, thus making SQ Remnan's daughter. But SQ talks about how the immortalizing process can only work with your own genetic children, so now I'm not sure: maybe Manan was once human, mixed uh, SP's DNA with Remnan's to make SQ, and that's how he was her father. I guess the last possibility is the planet Remnan was raised on wasn't the planet where he was kept as a pet by Manan, but if we're assuming his nineteen years are outside of cryosleep that's a lot of poo poo for him to go through.

Also Remnan's "and then he became a bloody revolutionary" ending was hilariously out of left field. I still feel like he's the character I have the least grasp on, since it's tied to SQ/Manan/Kukrushka. I like that the previous big mystery of Kukrushka can be pretty easily explained by "When she's Gnosia it's a timeline where Manan kept being a huge rear end in a top hat, when she's not Manan eventually chilled the gently caress out."

Oh also the strong implication that the Gnosia are like, legit just aware that you the player are currently playing a video game.

Anyway what are some fun unique loop ends people found? Someone mentioned a good one if you and Comet are the last two survivors as Gnosia, stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

That whole scenario is kind of weird. If anything you think SQ would be the least okay with Gnosia, considering they're the kind of digital possession she's on the run from. I guess maybe she doesn't know that?

Oh, and GiantRocks, re: Raqio and Remnan-- I think they don't actually come from the same society. Raqio's home is always referred to as a "fleet" and Remnan said he grew up on a "planet." I could sort of see why Remnan wants to break the backs of the kind of technocratic people Raqio lives with but I don't really see the character development in Raqio to do that, they never seem to question their society's values. I guess off-camera they got close enough to Remnan that they started questioning things? Anyway, good to know the revolution was successful at least.

The other really funny out of left field ending is "SQ became a private detective... for some reason" I can really see her doing the Columbo "...just one more thing" bit really well.

Also, I wish there was a little bit more to Gina as a character. She gives you some good early background into some of the things going on in the universe and I guess I see the need to have "the normal one" as part of the ensemble but I never felt I got a good grasp on her.

Lastly, someone was talking about Setsu having a pseudo-romantic relationship with the main character and I realized I don't know what the appropriate sarcastic term for a fictional anime nonbinary love interest is. Partneru? Lovero?

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Mostly wanted to say that Fedule, your alternative OP was quite comprehensive and good and I'm sorry you wasted that effort. I haven't played much since I'm nearly maxed out on all my stats after finishing the game and it's not super fun anymore-- I'll probably go to the new-save file when I feel the itch again.

But also wanted to point out the implied world-design in this game is actually pretty loving cool. I like how relentlessly transhumanist it is in almost every corner of the backstory. I feel like other settings would have picked, say, either uplifted animals or transferring consciousness into vat-grown bodies but Gnosia is all por-que-no-los-dos and then also throws five or six other "what is humanity" cyberpunky identity riddles at the player to top it off. Even "the boring one" (Gina, IMO) has connections to that theme and is how I at first started learning about how they inform the setting.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

He probably thought you were Gnosia. I power-leveled using the setup mentioned earlier in the thread (5 people, engineer, doctor, 1 Gnosia, you as the AC follower) and there were a number of times before I had my skills high enough / learned the personalities when it was down to me and two people on day 2 and I accidently iced the Gnosia instead of the crew member. Just like in real Mafia sometimes you guess wrong or fixate on one thing that actually has no real significance.