Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

These boys aren't frozen, but refrigerated, but they're pretty drat good for those days when you just need a fast breakfast on the run.

There's a PROTEIN PACKED variety that's just sausage, bacon, cheese and the egg you add, which is my favorite. The Ultimate is pretty good, too. They cook surprisingly well and evenly in the microwave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Chief McHeath posted:

These boys aren't frozen, but refrigerated, but they're pretty drat good for those days when you just need a fast breakfast on the run.

There's a PROTEIN PACKED variety that's just sausage, bacon, cheese and the egg you add, which is my favorite. The Ultimate is pretty good, too. They cook surprisingly well and evenly in the microwave.

They're a bit expensive IMHO, but :agreed:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chief McHeath posted:

I've had one of these before and I had to put in at least 2 eggs to get it to the consistency that I wanted. Way too much ingredients to say one egg is enough.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I've had one of these before and I had to put in at least 2 eggs to get it to the consistency that I wanted. Way too much ingredients to say one egg is enough.

I can't argue with that. Maybe the potato is soaking up too much of the moisture from the egg for your liking. Crack as many eggs as you want friend.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BaconCopter posted:

Wow it's been DAYS since that post and the user hasn't posted any juicy, artificially maple flavored, content . MODS?!

The cinnamon flavor is immediate and apparent the second you open the bag of frozen toaster pastries. Similar to opening up some cinnamon graham crackers, the scent is almost overwhelming.

Technically these are micro-toaster pastries. They have you microwave for 10-15 seconds before toasting. :crossarms:

At first bite, I am impressed. I was worried the cinnamon scent would translate to overwhelming sweetness, but the crust is actually about as sweet as an unglazed doughnut, flaky and kind of rich tasting with the mouth coating butteriness like you get from a good doughnut.

The filling, on the other hand, is disappointingly sparse, just a yellow line of savoriness.

Overall it's not half bad, but the thin layer of filling makes it less satisfying and savory than I would hope.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the grocery store finally had "Ravioli and Chicken" cafe steamers back in stock, which WAS my favorite run of the mill frozen dinner. they replaced the big round ricotta filled raviolis with tiny square ones! it sucks rear end!!!! :manning:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Aardvark! posted:

the grocery store finally had "Ravioli and Chicken" cafe steamers back in stock, which WAS my favorite run of the mill frozen dinner. they replaced the big round ricotta filled raviolis with tiny square ones! it sucks rear end!!!! :manning:

Reminds me of when Marie Callendar's hosed up their fettucine alfredo by putting broccoli or some poo poo alongside it. That was way back in like 2006.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Broccoli works perfectly with fettuccini alfredo. It's good to just even have it mixed in. Spinach too.

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I forget who made it but there was a Mexican bean and rice bowl with a salsa verde or something that was so goddamn good but I haven't seen it lately

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Why do all of the Amy's organic frozen meals look like photos out of a 1970s cookbook?

There's something about the colors? Color tone? Cool/warm color temp? I am not a camera person. But they all look like 40+ year old photographs where the print has degraded over the decades, but also it was made on purpose with brown/orange/avocado green earth tones to start with.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That really is uncanny

----------------

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
It's true, but they're pretty dece for a vegetarian option.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Why do all of the Amy's organic frozen meals look like photos out of a 1970s cookbook?

There's something about the colors? Color tone? Cool/warm color temp? I am not a camera person. But they all look like 40+ year old photographs where the print has degraded over the decades, but also it was made on purpose with brown/orange/avocado green earth tones to start with.

Unfortunately, they do not look much better once cooked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TP4tMHt4DY&t=469s

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

whos that broooown posted:

It's true, but they're pretty dece for a vegetarian option.

I've never had one and they look like they taste fine. They offer some unique ones that other big brands don't do a version of.

Their food photography is extremely consistent but I cannot comprehend why they made them look like that. Is it supposed to entice people that ate lots of TV dinners in the 70s and going for a nostalgia angle?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I found meme nuggs at the store and they are good.

https://simulate.com/spicy-nuggs/

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
DO NOT FEED THE CHICKEN THE SIMULATED FLESH OF IT'S OWN, FOR IT WILL THEN HUNGER FOR MORE, AND FINALLY SEEK THE FLESH OF IT'S BRETHEREN.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

spookykid posted:

DO NOT FEED THE CHICKEN THE SIMULATED FLESH OF IT'S OWN, FOR IT WILL THEN HUNGER FOR MORE, AND FINALLY SEEK THE FLESH OF IT'S BRETHEREN.

*tumbles out of a cardboard box full of glowsticks and bluetooth speakers and pill capsules in the alley next to the store. extremely sweaty, very upset, black eye, bleeding nose, etc.*

DO NOT

STOP

DON'T DO THE Thhhhhhhhhhh

IT IS FORBIDDEN BY UNIVERSAL TEMPORAL LAW

I EXPRESSLY FORBID WHAT YOU WILL DO

DO NOT CREATE RECURSIVE NUGGIES WITH QUANTUM SCHRÖDINGER MEAT CONTENT

*convulses and falls limp in a cardboard box in an alley next to McDonalds*

you: "Lmao what a hosed up hobo. It's nugger time"

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

WITCHCRAFT posted:

*tumbles out of a cardboard box full of glowsticks and bluetooth speakers and pill capsules in the alley next to the store. extremely sweaty, very upset, black eye, bleeding nose, etc.*

DO NOT

STOP

DON'T DO THE Thhhhhhhhhhh

IT IS FORBIDDEN BY UNIVERSAL TEMPORAL LAW

I EXPRESSLY FORBID WHAT YOU WILL DO

DO NOT CREATE RECURSIVE NUGGIES WITH QUANTUM SCHRÖDINGER MEAT CONTENT

*convulses and falls limp in a cardboard box in an alley next to McDonalds*

you: "Lmao what a hosed up hobo. It's nugger time"

~ Excerpt from the initial manuscript of “11/22/63”
by Steven King, removed in the first edit pass.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

El Monterey and Jose Ole suck rear end, all about Posada. Slam these bastards down all day.

----------------

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

a sexual elk posted:

El Monterey and Jose Ole suck rear end, all about Posada. Slam these bastards down all day.

Who got the best taquitos tho

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

DELIMEX has the only gluten free taquitos so that’s what we buy

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

I just picked up a pack of these, am excited

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

i need MORE CRUNCHY.

----------------

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

a sexual elk posted:

Where do you get those? The El Montereys are okay, the perfect bland mediocre standby, but if there is something better I'd try it. Some of the knockoffs I have tried have been truly disgusting, so I wound up sticking with something that is alright if you put a bit of hot sauce and sour cream on it after a long day.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

aniviron posted:

Where do you get those? The El Montereys are okay, the perfect bland mediocre standby, but if there is something better I'd try it. Some of the knockoffs I have tried have been truly disgusting, so I wound up sticking with something that is alright if you put a bit of hot sauce and sour cream on it after a long day.

Costco and Smart&Final for the big bags out here in SoCal. Most liquor stores carry the singles. But if I were you I’d track them down, the filling is good but that tortilla alone brings it up 2 stars. Has to be chimichanga tho, their regular burritos barely pass muster

----------------

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Oct 30, 2021

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I really miss the joint near me that served authentic pizza puffs. anyone know where to find some next time I visit Chicago?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Trip report

These were pretty good, the shell was definitely nice and crunchy. Filling felt kinda empty though, I'd probably get this one instead next time

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
oh drat those look nice

i try to always keep a box of frozen taquitos on hand, brand really irrelevant, just so i have something to do with the bombass green sauce from our birria place around the corner whenever i have some leftover

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
bought one of these shits the other day and it was good as hell

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

What the hell is that thing

----------------

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's what happens when a bread bowl fucks a taco, looks like.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
normalize oblong pizzas.

----------------

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Pigina

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

it appears to be a khachapuri with no egg

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
it's bread with sauce and cheese on it ya whackjobs. slam it down your gullet

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

it appears to be a khachapuri with no egg

yeah it very much resembles a khachapuri

I thought "Rome/Roman style street pizza" was foccacia type dough and it's baked on a sheet pan and cut into squares/rectangles??? And they get a lil wild with the toppings?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The PF Chang line of frozen food is pretty decent. I will say don't try and make the orange chicken in an Instant Pot, the sauce really never gets the right consistency and I ended up pan frying it for a bit anyway just because it had such a weird texture.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

20 Blunts posted:

I just had one of these for the first time last week, was pretty good, drat near takes down the GOAT:

There are my goat. Mom used to make them for me as a kid in the 80s and she would make sure the sides burned nice and crispy. Now I leave em in for an extra 10 mins and it's just so good for a mac n cheese. Just takes like 70 mins to cook. gently caress.

barnold posted:

this one's less of a dinner and more of a lunch but if they came out with a dinner sized portion i'd fiend on it

I tried a random Devour thing and it was pretty drat good, so the next time at the store I bought one of each and they were also all good.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

What the gently caress

https://youtu.be/d9Drb9TVftI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.