Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
somber claimed to cop grandicap

you claimed tracked someone to grandicap

you introduce the redirecter or rolecop as evidence for your conflicting results

it isn't rocket science from my perspective, and I'm surprised no one else mentioned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

somber claimed to cop grandicap

you claimed tracked someone to grandicap

you introduce the redirecter or rolecop as evidence for your conflicting results

it isn't rocket science from my perspective, and I'm surprised no one else mentioned it.

That’s not how the claim happened at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I'm -2 to lunch so I'm just going to go ahead and claim. I'm the cop. I investigated Sandwolf n1 and Grandi n2. Both are town. Yeesh y'all.

merk posted:

The game is over folks.

I am Tracker.
Somb targeted me n1.
IA targeted Grandi last night (IA is obviously the real cop here).

Let’s run this down. Good game.

merk posted:

Interesting. Maybe I was role copped n1 and then redirected n2.

Is this a bit where you say things that are easy to prove wrong and appear incompetent?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Is this a bit where you say things that are easy to prove wrong and appear incompetent?

Why did you leave out the critical context where my last post there is reacting to IA saying he’s vanilla and has no idea what is going on?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Idle Amalgam posted:

No lol, I'm vanilla. Which is why I'm confused about everything going on and also making cases I immediately have to retract. Okay I'm drawing the eye of sauron now, I can feel it. Bbl

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Why did you leave out the critical context where my last post there is reacting to IA saying he’s vanilla and has no idea what is going on?

that doesn't really matter because scum you knows you never targeted IA anyways? the point is that your claim was easily falsifiable, because it was based on content in thread.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk's claim follows entirely a town perspective. His railing on Somber like he had some sort of evidence that he was anti-town, countering when a gotcha moment was found. When IA said he didn't go anywhere, which put doubt on merk's results, he backed off.

Like that is an entirely town sequence of events with so many goddamn moving parts. It started the day before like merk is saying. The level of forethought required to go down that path is staggering.

merk is town, I'd be willing to stake things of value on it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Why make a provably false claim web in thread? Why make it a he said she said that could very easily end up in a merk execution the following day? After scum already lost a member (and the godfather no less) day 1? There is some tangential scum benefits, sure, but there is a huge chance for it all to fall apart at the slightest breeze.
Especially when scum could just kill Somber at night. Blam, end of story. Sure, you get two town in me and Sandy then, but dead doc, dead cop, they could pick us off at their leisure.
merk isn't scum. Ain't no way, ain't no how.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Why make a provably false claim web in thread? Why make it a he said she said that could very easily end up in a merk execution the following day? After scum already lost a member (and the godfather no less) day 1? There is some tangential scum benefits, sure, but there is a huge chance for it all to fall apart at the slightest breeze.
Especially when scum could just kill Somber at night. Blam, end of story. Sure, you get two town in me and Sandy then, but dead doc, dead cop, they could pick us off at their leisure.
merk isn't scum. Ain't no way, ain't no how.

Merk gets to claim tracker in thread and 'catch' the redirecter later. I think that merk is scum tracker.

And FWIW, there's no night action evidence pointing to IA because Merk's fakeclaim/claim in any sense points to him being redirected to somber. So merk pushing IA right out the gate doesn't track to me either. Why not lotus?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Merk gets to claim tracker in thread and 'catch' the redirecter later. I think that merk is scum tracker.

And FWIW, there's no night action evidence pointing to IA because Merk's fakeclaim/claim in any sense points to him being redirected to somber. So merk pushing IA right out the gate doesn't track to me either. Why not lotus?

My vote out of the gate was based solely on IA’s d1 vote combined with the assumption that I was redirected last night again so my results are worthless.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think it’s Toal. Buddies with who, hopefully that won’t be my burden to figure out.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm probably going to walk away for a bit now that I've let my paranoia run it's course. I think I will be okay voting someone else end of day because I don't plan on pushing this millstone up hill. In case it wasn't clear, I'm a vanilla!!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Lotus Aura posted:

Yeah, it was the Town result on you being fabricated that I was referring to, because that's the one IA constantly tried to discredit despite all realistic outcomes making it true.

I did not constantly try to discredit anything. Quit saying this.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I'm not paying attention today really until tonight, but yeah, please point to me constantly discrediting.

Also lmao that people are looking at my d1 vote of steak and my case on merk for me as scum.

I think it's weird you angling that so much lotus.

I can deal with d1 bus suspicion, w.e.

But you trying to frame me as scummy for having an opinion on merk that I rescinded at my own acknowledgment of his work is bologna.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
In any case, I still think it's grandi and haven't seen anything to change my mind

##vote grandi

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Idle Amalgam posted:

In any case, I still think it's grandi and haven't seen anything to change my mind

##vote grandi

If you believe me, it’s not Grandi.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote grandi

If you believe the flipped town cop it isn't me.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm -2 to lunch so I'm just going to go ahead and claim. I'm the cop. I investigated Sandwolf n1 and Grandi n2. Both are town. Yeesh y'all.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

merk posted:

If you believe me, it’s not Grandi.

I believe that I know nothing about the landscape of night actions because I'm vanilla.

I'd say all things considered it is unlikely that you're scum, but not impossible.

Out on a rare childfree weekend. Bbl

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Idle Amalgam posted:

I did not constantly try to discredit anything. Quit saying this.

That'll be doable when you, y'know, stop doing it.

Somber claims Cop with a Town result on Grandi:

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote grandi

Okay, I think I'm back to this.

Idle Amalgam posted:

I posted about why I think he's scum pertaining to this specifically earlier.

I think he knew their alignment and took pushing against their votes, and putting up the performative self vote to appear sincere and credible.

Definitely not discrediting anything, there, nope. But wait, there's more!

Idle Amalgam posted:

If we can't trust results, it is the best case I've got.

Straight up saying all results can't be trusted, despite there being no evidence of that much? Hmm....

Idle Amalgam posted:

Unless he was performing a bizarre gambit, it does seem like merk has to be confirmed town. The way he claimed all that unprompted.

[...]

As such, I still believe Grandi keeps a high chance of being scum regardless of probabilities or night actions regarding him.

Given what we now know? This is straight up contradictory. Do you trust merk? Cool, then he targeted you with a tracker. Got redirected onto Somber and saw Somber cop Grandi. And Somber who has flipped Cop? Got a Town result on Grandi.

Do you suddenly not trust merk? Why? What change to make you doubt him while simultaneously doubting the flipped confirmed Cop's results?

Oh and you're literally still doing it now:

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote grandi

You haven't seen anything? Really?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

So, tell us again, IA how you're not attempting to discredit the one confirmed Cop result that we have no actual reason to doubt?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Your snark makes it hard to answer your questions, but I also think you're jumping back and forth in chronology there.

Also FWIW the very first thing you quote as discrediting somber's result is me expressing what I thought was scummy about grandi.

What are you trying to correlate there?

Also this stance that I should be adamant with my trust when I have no means of obtaining any extra information, and the town consensus is there is a redirector is kind of baffling to me.

I'm operating with the thoughts that:
A. There's a redirector. As indicated by the merk tracking business. Unless this was a gambit, which while unlikely is not impossible.

B. I have no extra information and only my gut opinions and reads.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Even with the redirector, I have to be lying for grandicap to be scum.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Idle Amalgam posted:

Also this stance that I should be adamant with my trust when I have no means of obtaining any extra information, and the town consensus is there is a redirector is kind of baffling to me.

I'm operating with the thoughts that:
A. There's a redirector. As indicated by the merk tracking business. Unless this was a gambit, which while unlikely is not impossible.

B. I have no extra information and only my gut opinions and reads.

I think you should trust the flipped Cop on the one claimed result that by all account was not messed with, yes. Presuming a redirector exists, which is likely, N2 they targeted merk. merk claimed to track you. To Grandi. But would've gotten redirected to Somber. Who copped Grandi. And got a Town result.

Per Somber's claim for who he copped, Sand and Grandi came up Town but merk tracked somber... to merk. So merk and Grandi are Town.

Either there is, or there is not, a redirector. Either way, Grandi is Town.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Lotus Aura posted:

Per Somber's claim for who he copped, Sand and Grandi came up Town but on N1 merk tracked somber... to merk. So merk and Grandi are Town.

Mafia edit.

If redirector exists, N1 they redirected Somber from Sandwolf onto merk. N2, they redirected merk from IA to Somber.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Once I get somewhere I'll sit down and re-read.

##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

Even with the redirector, I have to be lying for grandicap to be scum.

What if IA is the redirector and he redirected you to yourself N1 and somber to himself N2

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

What if IA is the redirector and he redirected you to yourself N1 and somber to himself N2

I saw someone visit Grandicap d2. I attempted to target IA that night.

Thinking this through a bit more, I think it is probable that somber had a town investigation on Sandwolf n1 and I was redirected onto myself n1 and then again onto Somber n2.

The thinking there is that somber basically did nothing d1. Why would scum target him with a Redirector n1? On the flip of that, I was on Steak all day - I am a more likely Redirector target.

It’s not clean, but I think it’s probable SW is also town.

That would make me, SW, and Grandicap town in this theory. I also think Hal is town.

That leaves Lotus, Toal and IA with one mis-elimination available. I like the Toal vote today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Actually, another possible theory is that there is a Busdriver.

N1: Busdriver targets Somb and me
N2: Busdriver targets Grandi and Voodoo (IA, as scum, kills Grandi which goes to Voodoo). ; or Busdriver targets IA and Somb.

The Busdriver theory seems very unlikely to me.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

God drat it I misremembered who you said IA visited

Fine grandicap you escape again!

Let me look back on Toal, I did get a ping from them yesterday on a post I believe

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Insandenza posted:

God drat it I misremembered who you said IA visited

Fine grandicap you escape again!

Let me look back on Toal, I did get a ping from them yesterday on a post I believe

Look at Toal’s d1 Steak vote while you’re at it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hey sorry yesterday was my dad’s 80th birthday so I was celebrating all that fun stuff.

I’m caught up on thread but I’m bouncing hard off y’all analyzing the same night actions over and over again.

No interest in voting for Grandi today, probably still not merk.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Realistically what kind of scum puts god father to -1 four hours before deadline.

You said you liked my vote and also me flowing up with you on somber. Why is that so easy for you to walk back on today Merk, rather than irrational Merk fear.

I know that there's scum among us, but I'm pretty disappointed that town hasn't engaged with my effort At All.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandi and sand if you aren't interested in Merk or I you're going to have to start putting together your own cases on lotus or ia.

I much prefer lotus due to merks action on ia. Lotus is also sitting this whole thing out hoping someone else picks up steam

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

Grandi and sand if you aren't interested in Merk or I you're going to have to start putting together your own cases on lotus or ia.

I much prefer lotus due to merks action on ia. Lotus is also sitting this whole thing out hoping someone else picks up steam

Hi Toal! Give me a one sentence case on merk, I read back through your posts and your points on merk are a little chaotic.

In my head it’s Lotus or IA today anyways, but I also have a little bit of merk paranoia.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Hi Toal! Give me a one sentence case on merk, I read back through your posts and your points on merk are a little chaotic.

In my head it’s Lotus or IA today anyways, but I also have a little bit of merk paranoia.

I just don't think that scum pick out merk to redirect n1? Also making merk target someone trackable both n1 and n2? merk claims after somber in away to imply the existence of a redirecter. (claims that he saw someone visit grandi, somber claimed in thread earlier that he visited grandi). 1 GF, 1 vanilla, 1 tracker, and 1 doc and 1 cop and 8 vanilla is a good setup.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So the only reason we have to believe a redirector exists is merk claims to have been redirected both nights?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

So the only reason we have to believe a redirector exists is merk claims to have been redirected both nights?

yea

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Sandwolf posted:

Somb could have been redirected n1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

I just don't think that scum pick out merk to redirect n1?

1 GF, 1 vanilla, 1 tracker, and 1 doc and 1 cop and 8 vanilla is a good setup.

On the first: Why not?

On the second: Scum have no roleblocker equivalent in your setup spec.