Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'll do IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Time has come!!!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

I didn't get a pm so I'm just going to throw the game

honestly, if you did that it would be epic

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

I'm so old.

And yet nothing has changed.

There's a type of party game where this is the dominate way to win.... an assassin in king's court?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

what the fuuuuuck ##vote merk

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

Lake trip canceled. Guess I’m not a bad guy.

*facepalm* ##unvote

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##unvotes It's been so long since I played mafia I forgot how to unvote. Anyways I think the people trying to drag us out of joke phase are the villains.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I like lotuses avatar, it looks like an old magic card. Wow so cool..

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

AT-LOW posted:

s given because I got a PM that says 'Mafia'" thing, but when I went to put the next part in after my seriouspost I realized that lapsing back into the bit would not, in fact, make my posting any better or more interesting

This literally has never stopped me before

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm here and willing to egg secute steak.

##vote steak

Why leave it to deadline in 4 hours?

FWIW I'm sure I'll have a stronger desire to play during day deuce. I think that Voodoo's points about steakems bringing up vague stuff about play 'last game' is reason enough. Namely that steak is stretching for an excuse to seriously push someone when it should be easy as pie.

It's hard to catch laid back scum, and easy to believe that they're trying to control the narrative. If this vote fails to catch scum we can use that information to make deductions tomorrow.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

I will always go for a day 1 steak lunch

##vote steak

lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I think it's..... Grandi or maybe at lo.

I think that's fairly normal IA posting. Maybe too prescient but everyone gets it or gets lucky once in a while.

Mostly I trust Hal for some reason.

Is there a case on at low?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

No I reread d1 thinking you had been the kill and forming connections based on that, then I got to the flip and remembered

Obviously your team submitted a kill against someone else (sandwolf) and this is a result of you tripping up because you are caught scum;;!!1!!!!!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't think what merk was asking for or casing was unreasonable somber. This really isn't a case where merk is harassing you for having a life. Accusations like these are fairly common, and fair game. Who do you think is scum somber?

If you really are town and feel like you have no way to get back into the game, can you really blame other townies who don't know your alignment level cases against you?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I don't think what merk was asking for or casing was unreasonable somber. This really isn't a case where merk is harassing you for having a life. Accusations like these are fairly common, and fair game. Who do you think is scum somber?

If you really are town and feel like you have no way to get back into the game, can you really blame other townies who don't know your alignment level cases against you?

*for leveling cases against ya

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Yeah I have a sneaking suspicion it's somber too and largely want to agree with merk's read of day 1. Sure merk could be scum who bussed his teammate immediately. But the town rush/afk scum theory is more likely and as long as merk seems to be doing the most logical thing im fine with it.

I like At-Lo's recent posting... fwiw.

I think if somber flips scum we execute lotus or grandi and call it a game. ##vote somber

In reply to somber, sorry if I misinterpreted what you said I was just getting those vibes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote grandi

Sandwolf posted:

This is weird

this is a real who is bussing who trifecta among steak, grandi, and sandwolf.

no real opinions because I'm inclined to follow the leader.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I hate to be a downer on your effort but honestly, I just think that's how opop is.

Somberbrero posted:

I think the difference between the stated position and the actual position is apparent. AT-LOW's reasoning for voting me in this situation seems very much like an afterthought.

See, as a player who often is accused of taking too much credit for things as town, this response to Steak flipping godfather reads as town.
In addition, voting someone and deciding that they reacted to the vote scummily is valid. A changing perception of a player in this case reads as more town than me than not town.
Furthermore, it's day 2 and you're saying you refuse to read someone else until we execute at-low... That just reads like someone who wants their execution to go through, not someone truly trying to find out who is scum or town. Based on At-Low's posting I can't be confident that At-Low is scum or town. It makes me wonder why you can be so certain, and while you could just be wrong town, you could be scum unwilling to offer more reads because it'll be used against you in the future and you're sure at-low is town anyways and no matter who you push you'll be pushing town so it doesn't matter.
Do you see what I mean? That's why it appears scummy sandwolf.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay Somber, I suppose we are in disagreement. Alas.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Honestly I think IA and lotus are good picks in case I am not around for deadline and also die. It's pretty low effort mafia but eh, it's fine.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't think IA is particularly scummy but there's nothing really that he's doing to save himself here and the engagement is particularly contentless I think. . :indifferent:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

I went back to work for the first time in a year in person and I haven't gotten used to it. Not trying to be inactive, but eating and I'll sit down to go over stuff, but this whole tentative IA stuff is rubbing me the wrong way and feels like an easy out for a convictionless vote. To be continued

Okay mang,

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I cannot believe how tightly merk and I's reads have been this game but I can't see somber's reactions as anything other than flailing scum tbh and I hope you'll all join me on somb, rather than leaving it to deadline this morning.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Somberbrero posted:

What about AT-LOW's posting was good...

we all LOVE at low es posting...

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm trying to engage with you somber to love at-low's posting too, but you aren't doing that, pretty low effort of ya.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

And the transition to scum merk begins.

:blap:

##vote somber

Yeah, I really don't follow sandwolf and ghandi's reluctance or the follow through to execute someone with several stronger town reads in the thread.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:blastu: this was it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Whither or hither would you go next after rf?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

You all let a snitch pull the wool over your eyes yesterday, there was nothing especially convincing about the at-low case... lets just flip somber and be done with it... Merk is right in that there was no momentum on somber after a point, and that's because somber has 1-2 highly trained snitches on his side spreading fake opinions.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Toal who else do you think is scum past Somber?

You or grandi tbh.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Somber's inexplicable tunneling of town was, in fact, caught scum desperation. You'd do well to vote with us.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

So the thing I don't get...

Is merk reveals to the thread that he has caught sombs (a cute name for somberero) in a lie. Somber actually targeted merk n1 and didn't target sandwolf or gandi. As a result of this contradictory information he unvotes somber and wants to read someone else? That seems weird.

Somber's cop choices are pretty convenient. Both people who read somber as town. This stinks. We should probably execute somber and confirm 2-3 town.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Idle Amalgam posted:

No lol, I'm vanilla. Which is why I'm confused about everything going on and also making cases I immediately have to retract. Okay I'm drawing the eye of sauron now, I can feel it. Bbl

Idle Amalgam posted:

If we can't trust results, it is the best case I've got.

tempted to say that merk's play here involves his scumbud IA, but IA did not pick up what merk is putting down so we are forced to go 'haha roles don't matter' despite knowing there's a cop in play.

if sombs is town, this is a way to diffuse somber's results, so we should execute merk or somber today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

if this is how you all feel I'd be most comfortable executing RF or lotus then, in order to assume everyone is telling the truth and there's a third unknown role out there that enables merk, somber, and IA to all be telling the truth.

In future generations, I hope they point to this mistake: 'that play is too bad to be scum' and learn from us...

Toaly: I'm town flx.
Merk: Unprompted tracker claim with conflicting results to IA and Somber's claim.
Somber: Claim at -2 town cop, sandwolf and grandi were targets and town and town are the results.
IA: There is a merk connection here but just as likely town or maf vanilla.
Hal: Strong town read here. This is guy is a lifer. One of a kind. I will not vote out hal!
Lotus: Dunno probably scum if that night action crap confirms merk and sombs as town (it really doesn't)
rf: probably scum in this case but i didn't wanna vote him

anyways I'll vote him because it seems like there's no point in arguing we shouldn't assume that scum have redirections.

##vote rf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

Is the reason you guys are ending on RF night action stuff or his large refusal to scumhunt and tryna hide behind merk?

I don't get it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

its friday night and live on the edge by hammering rf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

so listen up. if da snitches have a re-directer. Wouldn't it be a stronger play to redirect town cop all game, and kill the tracker?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Lotus Aura posted:

But yeah, either way ##vote IA seems like the best bet we have now.

IA got tracked so he shouldn't be the redirector or killer in most series of claims. I'm afraid it is you or merk today I thi nk.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merk posted:

THERE IS NO WORLD WHERE I AM SCUM

merk I wish I could agree with you but your claim literally makes no sense and conflicts with an alive claim and a dead towns person's claim.

a scum bus.... or sussing our your pr in 1 night, it's a stretch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Grandicap posted:

merk lying about everything is silly though. It is too complex of a lie. I'd buy it if he were a scum tracker, but then he would have a real IA result, not the fabricated one.
If he wanted to fall on his own sword to kill the cop, he would have just counterclaimed the cop. There are so many less wacky winding ways to get to a Somber execution. The least of which being do nothing and night kill him.

I do not think merk is likely scum at all.

yet, if merk played the game knowing this it would be easy to take advantage of your goodwill and assume merk to be town for making such a preposterous play.

town tracker is too powerful in this setup too tbh, because it confirms the unreliable cop/doctor. scum tracker exists to hunt cop and doc and is logical.

maybe merk found somber cop and tunneled him because he sensed his play would be an easy lunch.