Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Looks like this is filling. I don’t like playing in more than one game but if you do need to fill a final spot hit me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Put me down as officially in.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’m here. I’m down for feeling old for playing this game. I have no idea what my first game was on these forums but I assume 2006-2007?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

drat remember the days before vote finder? I think zorba wrote a simple exe program where you manually entered votes into a text file and then ran the executive to generate a vote count you could copy into the game.

The important part was creating good short aliases for players so you could go:

Sw v Hal
Hal v RF
Hal u
Oa v saw

And on and on for every vote during the day.

Long live vote finder.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sand is there any reason to read the posts before this? I saw somber say something about being old but haven’t read anything else.

I’m trusting you to tell me the truth on this.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Blood in blood out.

As someone who grew up in LA I’m assuming we are all surenos here.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

unironically tho, im getting weird vibes from voodoo's posting. didnt he post weird smalltalk like this last time he was scum?

Probably?

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Just for steak I’m going to try and remember and recount many other tales from old mafia.

Remember a world without deadlines? Sometimes a game day would last well over a week.

Actually as I write this I can’t even remember anymore, maybe that was just one particularly hellish game that I’m remembering.

Anyway in conclusion SA Mafia was a land of contrasts.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also we are in the process of teaching lil voodoo how to go through the night without a diaper. It was my turn to wake up and then wake him up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I had the lights low so I wouldn’t wake him up but I was half asleep and slipped on a bathmat on the floor falling so hard it got him all freaked out and took like half an hour to get him back to sleep.

So now I’m lying here in bed and I can’t sleep and I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to walk on it tomorrow because it’s burning hot and swelling up as we speak.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Hal Insandenza posted:

This doesn't seem anything like town AT-LOW, I think this is their scum game

##vote AT-LOW

Brevity is the soul of wit scum.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Update: ankle is sore but good. Ego is sore but good. Partner is mad that I tracked blood into bed because I didnt realize I was bleeding last night after fall.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

“Yeah well look at what you tracked in!”

Then you point at the kid. Trust me it will go over well.

This is why we pay you the big time legal fees!

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Strange game where you find yourself thinking Toalp is the towniest person around.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Well then my gut will be my South South East Star this game

I believe that one is just called the Southern Cross

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

nice, thank u for understanding how d1 works

Thank you for reminding me.

##vote Steak

This is more that I don’t want to vote either lotus or at low than anything.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’d vote sand too

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Steak you voted lotus and at low today, two people I least want to vote. But yes I’d vote anyone who had a vote on them as well, not sure who else was up other than Hal with only 1 vote.

I also think sands vote on Hal sucked. Hence I’d vote him.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

nice, thank u for understanding how d1 works

But I’ll quote this again as I quoted it before when I voted steak. Steak was calling out someone for overexplaiining a vote, then when lotus points it out this was steaks response.

So I think steak should be well aware of how d1 works. I don’t have some fancy reason to vote someone, I saw at low had the most votes and don’t want to vote him, and I like lotus posts so far, so picked the person who has called them out.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sorry steak just had the “what’s going on here post, not the vote on at low”. That was lotus.

Take it back I just don’t want to vote at low anymore. I’m indifferent to lotus now.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Lotus Aura posted:

Looks like Votefinder's down right now so I can't say for sure, but I think Voodoo's the only person currently voting for Steak. Moreover he's the only person who appears to have done so in a way that could be perceived as a serious vote. There's no setting up of a "vote trichotomy" at any point before, during, or even since Voodoo voted for Steak. Steak's response basically reads like he's weirdly shook by it.

No someone else was voting steak, hold on:

Merk? My phone isn’t scrolling that far back but I think it was merk.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Agree. ##vote Steak

Yep.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Lotus Aura posted:

Or to put it in short: Steak probably scum, Hal/Voodoo probably not, Sandwolf could go either way.

Oh wait I don’t want to vote lotus again. Lotus is cool.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

what are you trying to argue against....? im saying your explanation was weird and unnecessary because it was... not necessary. the tacked-on justification for voting me seems s-word c-word, if u know what i mean

I assure you I do not know what you mean.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

But in all seriousness it’s day 1 I feel much stronger about not wanting to vote some people than I do for wanting to vote any particular person.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

I have no reads and will vote for literally anyone at this point

This guy gets it.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Deadline is in four hours. Thought it was tomorrow.

Might not be around much as it’s a holiday today up here.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Eh, maybe you don't. Just glanced at Dinosaurs. I guess your gut call on two scum without any real work behind it juxtaposition to that meaningless Sandwolf stuff is irking me.

I think I’d vote sand over grand from that exchange.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Grandicap posted:

My gut keeps telling me that Lotus and Sandwolf are scum together. I have no idea why, but it is insistent.

##vote Sandwolf

Anything more about lotus? Feels like you mentioned him once here but have made zero effort to interact with him.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

Toal isn't really playing yet, but this throwaway semi-joke looks scummy.

So I had the exact opposite read on toals unvote. There isn’t anything else in his post history to feel strongly one way or another.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Let me know if the deadline sucks, I forget it’s a lot earlier in North America

I prefer mid day (for me) week day deadlines, so I’m fine with time. Today in general isn’t great for me but that has nothing to do with the specific time.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

merk posted:

SW has done nothing but joke and that Grandi prod. Maybe not a bad vote.

I’m good voting sand. I thought the Hal vote was bad and I don’t like the interaction with grand.

We swapping? I don’t know if I have a strong opinion of steak over sand or vice versa

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I forgot he made two meta calls on me, not just one. I’m fine with voting steak.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

unironically tho, im getting weird vibes from voodoo's posting. didnt he post weird smalltalk like this last time he was scum?

Two separate times he has tried to “last time I was scum” me.

Both fairly tenuous as well. I’m pretty sure I post weird small talk in every game, and to be fair I’ve had a bad couple of scum games but don’t remember getting caught for just trying to get a vote down in either.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote toalpaz

If jokephase is over, let's just vote scum and be done with it.

:ocelot:

This was a post I considered voting on day 1. Again mostly from feeling townie on toalp. It wasn’t much but merks post on IA made me remember I though about him for half a second.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I’m also slightly curious about at low now, solely from steaks reaction but no vote on at low day 1. Will think about it more maybe. I could see steak not knowing how to respond to At Lows reincarnation of dragnix posting style if they were scum buds.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

u know what, im gonna put my money where my mouth is ##vote lotus

Yeah he had the “what is going on” response to at low but then voted lotus for voting at low.

This is all just from reading steaks posts but figure it’s worth thinking about. I haven’t even read at lows own posts again so take this for what you will.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

AT-LOW posted:

So I didn't like how Steak just pointed at me and went "wHaT's GoInG oN gUyS" so I was guessing Steak was just taking the temperature of the room to see if he would get called scummy for trying to call that scummy

Then Steak veered wildly from what I was expecting, and, uh

Maybe Steak decided to stop humbugging! It's a jokephase miracle!

I also have no idea why Somberbrero responded to me as though my vote were motivated, honestly I have no idea why I received two responses that seemed somewhat too serious for the occasion

I don't particularly like either of those responses but I guess Steak following up on Grandi doesn't add up with what looked like "ohh Steak is being too cautious for early in the game"

Soooooo

##vote Somberbrero I don't necessarily expect to stay on this vote for the rest of the day but like I also didn't expect anyone to react like I was actually trying to make a play against Hal so we'll see where the day takes us

Man I was all excited to come into the game and scumclaim, especially since I actually thought I was scum until the day started and OA still hadn't sent me a scumchat link, but now I have to react seriously to things

How did we get here, and so quickly too

At low also had some passing shade on steak with no real action.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Jinx

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Is there a case on at low?

Steak's call out but not call out reaction to him day 1, then Steak voting Lotus for voting At Low.

And At Low calling out steak but maybe defending him day 1 but voting Somber.

I'm not sure if I think it's a good case, that was just my morning coffee brain drippings looking over the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I think it's..... Grandi or maybe at lo.

I think that's fairly normal IA posting. Maybe too prescient but everyone gets it or gets lucky once in a while.

Mostly I trust Hal for some reason.

Is there a case on at low?

But Grandi is definitely someone I want to look at again. The Sand/Grand day 1 stuff is still something I've gone back and forth on.