Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoner Sloth

take the moon posted:

wasnt checking thread for a bit but ill eat the pepperette lol

pepperette flavoured whiteclaw :evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

You could get really extra canadian and candy your pepperettes (get the fancy ones with some venison and a lil Schwartz's style/Montreal smoked meats style seasoning in the mix) with maple syrup, crushed black pepper and sea salt then serve them alongside your all dressed chips (traditional).

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Serve up your candied pepperettes with a little Domestic blended whiskey and a nice Domestic beer and heck, you've got yourself a fine meal.

Prof. Crocodile

Where might one in the lower 48 procure one of these Pepper-ette items?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Olympia Provisions sells a variety now but I haven't tried it yet. You can sometimes get Schneider's at your~fancier~ local establishments like Wawa or QT or wherever.

Finger Prince

I bought some pepperettes today. Mennonite ones according to the label.

Stoner Sloth

can we post about other sausages in this thread? :pervert:

i had a really good cacciatore sausage recently

Prof. Crocodile

Stoner Sloth posted:

can we post about other sausages in this thread? :pervert:

i had a really good cacciatore sausage recently

:mods:

Escape From Noise

What do they call the pepperette in Quebec?

cruft

Escape From Noise posted:

What do they call the pepperette in Quebec?

La Pepperette

cruft

cruft posted:

La Pepperette

En Québec c'est "Pepperette"
"Pepperette" elle est,
Et si tu as besoin de ça,
Tu serais inquiète!

Finger Prince

They probably invented the word Pepperette up here for the sole purpose that it's the same in both languages.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

They probably invented the word Pepperette up here for the sole purpose that it's the same in both languages.

Guillaume le Conquérant actually wasn't all that interested in England until someone pointed out the convenience of "Pepperette" being the same in both les langues québécois.

Regardez-vous mon franglish! C'est la vache!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
What is a pepperette?
It sounds small but spicy

cruft

RickRogers posted:

What is a pepperette?
It sounds small but spicy

I think you've pretty much nailed it there, friend.

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

cruft posted:

Guillaume le Conquérant actually wasn't all that interested in England until someone pointed out the convenience of "Pepperette" being the same in both les langues québécois.

Regardez-vous mon franglish! C'est la vache!

jvais aller parker mon char ayeur osti poigne-moi des pepperettes et des crottes d'fromages calise

hot cocoa on the couch

Plant MONSTER. posted:

jvais aller parker mon char ayeur osti poigne-moi des pepperettes et des crottes d'fromages calise

:eyepop:

criss, ces sacres... très unchill

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

kuskus

I have a confession to make. I ordered a deep dish pepperette stuffed crust pizza from little caesar's but becaus e I entered the pickup address as "fart@littlecaesars.com" I could not get a QR code to open the HOT-N-READY device and extract my pepperette pizza. I had to tell them the joke name I left for the order: "Tweezer Caesar". It was embarassing but here I am with a delicious pepperette and jalepeno pizza all to myself; I don't need NO man.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks
I just saw a photo on a hockey story where the rinkside ads were advertising both pepperettes and clamato

https://twitter.com/LP_LaPresse/status/1386850470644228097?s=20

Escape From Noise

I think these are boar pepperettes?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

I think these are boar pepperettes?

Do they snap when you bite them? Pepperettes have that snap, they're almost hard.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

Do they snap when you bite them? Pepperettes have that snap, they're almost hard.

They were pretty hard.

Entropic

patriarchy sucks

Entropic posted:

dipping a pepperette in my clamato

Manifisto

Bright Bart posted:

What is a reasonable way to try to get into mushrooms? I am not sure what flavour profile I have abhorred let alone what possible compounds common to the mushrooms I've eaten are the culprits. And for certain the texture doesn't help.

responding to an ancient post lol.

a lot of times when home cooks do mushrooms they tend to cook them to a stage where the texture is still a bit pliable, on the negative side you might call them a bit spongy. I don't personally mind this texture but I've seen a lot of chefs recommend cooking them further, so that they're pretty dry, up to and including a bit of crunch on them.

when you're cooking up, for example, a bunch of mixed mushrooms, you start with them in a pan with some kind of fat (butter is good but oil is fine) and some salt (helps break them down faster). after a while (stirring regularly) they will break down and release moisture, possibly to the point where there's a layer of water in the pan. you definitely don't want to stop here! at a minimum you want to cook them until there's no visible water. feel free to throw in flavorings like soy sauce (really brings out the umami in shrooms) and garlic (as long as you throw the garlic in after the mushrooms release their moisture they will not burn). other more delicate flavorings like a touch of balsamic vinegar and/or herbs can go in at the end, if you want them.

basically what I try to do is to cook them well past the point where the water has dried up, so that the mushrooms start browning and crisping up (there should still be fat in the pan so they won't be dry). this really develops and concentrates the flavor. you don't want to take them to the point where they're burning obviously, but they can take a good dose of heat. nibble on a few as you're cooking to see if they are done to your liking. this isn't the only way to go of course but I like it a lot and think it's worth trying!

ty nesamdoom!

biosterous

o7

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Twenty Four

Prepperette enthusiast club. Being a prepper but on a really low mini scale, hence the "ette". Say, keeping a few water bottles, a couple of cans of beans, and a handful of rice on hand at home at all times but being really into it and going to meetings and posting on message boards about it. Keeping a small pup tent set up and assembled on your tiny second story apartment balcony as emergency shelter at all times just in case!

Finger Prince

Twenty Four posted:

Prepperette enthusiast club. Being a prepper but on a really low mini scale, hence the "ette". Say, keeping a few water bottles, a couple of cans of beans, and a handful of rice on hand at home at all times but being really into it and going to meetings and posting on message boards about it. Keeping a small pup tent set up and assembled on your tiny second story apartment balcony as emergency shelter at all times just in case!

Cured meat products that are shelf stable are an essential source of protein, salt and fat to have on hand in case the power is out for a day or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

Finger Prince posted:

Cured meat products that are shelf stable are an essential source of protein, salt and fat to have on hand in case the power is out for a day or something.

:aaaaa: The Pepperette Prepperette club. Old school mom's keeping not only a half broken pack or two of restaurant sized saltines in their purse for their kid, but also a sandwich bag with a pepperette in it, just in case.