Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

My MHR weapon usage is probably gonna mirror that of my MHW trajectory: hammer until I hit a wall because I'm bad, then switch to lance, and gently caress around with bowguns in the post-game when I no longer have to worry about money/decos (the 50 switch axe hunts were all ZSD spams for Fatalis farming)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Also brachydios had the best music

https://youtu.be/2dYYaBx946k

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Lance gang do we want our tag to be Lance Lance Revolution or the Pokey Mons

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 25, 2021

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/PunkDuck_/status/1375198651664973825?s=1002

starting to think this game may be good

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I'm already terrible at wirebugging

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
My physical copy of the collector's edition from best buy got delayed to an unknown date

This is the amiibo tax

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
best buy still hasn't shipped my copy :negative:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
That's not how spoiler tags work

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Radial menu also makes ammo crafting (well all crafting but you probably end up crafting ammo the most often) much easier

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Got lucky with a Crit Eye 3 charm, and this is the result:

I can't believe this DEGENERATE SCUM is using damage skills in a monster hunter game

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is normal good now without sharpshooter or do you still need to eat for a skill for it to be competitive with other ammo types

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Max stamina drops over time in every MH game

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Giving up is the first step in the RNG giving you what you need

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Shine posted:

25% of goons love to bonk!

Lance main here, submain Horn. Team Pokebonk.

Speaking of weapon stuff:

:siren: If anybody makes sweet MH weapon gang tags, then we can do the whole gang tag thing. :siren:

So if anybody has any Lance Lance Revolution tags or whatever else (I forget who posted LLR; compliments to them), feel free to post them here (or PM me, since the thread's very fast right now).

I came up with Lance Lance Revolution but graphic design is not my passion

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
here's some other weapon gang tag ideas

GS- Large and True Charge
DB- Will it Blend?
Hammer- KO Krew
HH- Absolute Doot
GL- Team Rocket
Bow- Dash Juice Addicts
LS- Human Garbage

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

LeninVS posted:

Does anyone know where I can farm jaggi's on highrank?

There doesn't appear to be a mission to spawn them, and I cant find them on any map

there's usually a few in the shrine ruins

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Monster Hunter Megathread: These games have a lot of charm

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
They're not gatekeeping, you are literally a very long way away from the end game so any end game build advice given wouldn't be useful unless you plan on hunting in low rank gear until you can make those high rank parts

Also the game is a week old, people are still figuring stuff out

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

v1ld posted:

The bigger, better version of the Binbok joycons is available to buy again. They only list then when stock trickles in: https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Wireless-Replacement-Adjustable-Original/dp/B08ZH4XXNY/

The only difference from the excellent Hori Split Pad is this has motion control, works wirelessly, and built in batteries which charge when the switch is charged. Motion control is the main feature, I'd go with the Hori if that's not a big deal to you as it's cheaper and easily the most popular.

Both the Hori and this Binbok have the full size controller layout with dpad and buttons offset from the sticks. Most joycons replacements have them aligned and are less broad than these.

Got my Binbok yesterday and stopped playing on the TV with a DS4, my favourite controller. It's so good to have a decent set of joycons to use in handheld mode.

Another good thing about these if you have brain problems like me is that they're flush with the switch on the front, instead of being flush on the back like the hori split pad (why would they do this)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What dango gets unlocked for doing the egg quest and is it worth it

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Veritas posted:

Does anyone have any input on the 8bitdo controllers? The pro 2 is about to come out, was thinking of grabbing one since my wireless gamecube remote is starting to get major drift issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XY86472/?coliid=I18CBK45CJXFUB&colid=1ZQUP9A8RSI38&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

I'm using the first gen version, the d pad is way better than the switch pro controller and I prefer the symmetrical sticks. It doesn't do NFC so you can't scan amiibo and it's 3rd party so it can't wake the switch from sleep but overall I prefer it over the switch pro.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
The lovely part is the original SN30 Pro+ had the purple buttons of the SNES with the half convex/ half concave layout instead of this new black button nonsense

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What's the best quest to farm a bird wyvern gem? The double baggi quest? This aknosom lance looks pretty good

E: I guess so, got 2 on my first try

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Apr 6, 2021

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is the wishlist kind of broken in rise? After every hunt I keep getting a message that I have the required material TYPES to make a piece of equipment on my wishlist when I'm still missing a few materials. If you have all the pieces, it says you have all the required materials (missing the word type)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
For the final boss, when are you supposed to use the spitting wyvernfire or whatever? I used it when she was within the red aiming reticule but I didn't see any damage numbers even though her body was still in the explosion animation. Are you only supposed to use it on her when she is on the ground or in her big coiled floating animation? Is the explosion animation just way larger than damage point? Was it maybe server lag since I wasn't the host? We still killed her, I just felt bad for messing it up

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

So should I not be melding or what

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
why don't people with bad luck simply get better luck????

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
There may be 14 different weapon classes but there one thing we all have in common: consistently running into the railing of the stairs like a dumbass instead of moving left after exiting your room in the gathering hub

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
If I want to get a talisman with WEX+2 and possibly slots, should I be doing the melding that lets you targets specific skills or the one that gives you random better charms? I've put 30 final bosses worth of materials into both and haven't gotten one yet. I'm also on the hunt for a pierce up or rapid fire up charm so even if the wisp method doesn't give wex+2, it still has value to me

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Been playing a lot of LBG in the post game and noticed a few weird changes from world, mainly no longer being able to craft while reloading and status ammo level 2 now taking catalyst to craft (and I think you're not able to buy level 2 status ammo now unless I didn't unlock it somehow)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I spend all day punishing sacks and this game won't give me anything good for it

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Spectral Werewolf posted:

Is there not a way to tie a radial menu loadout to an equipment loadout? I thought it would work the same way as World but I keep finding myself with ammo crafting when I need a whetstone. It’s getting pretty frustrating to change between melee and range with the need to go into the start menu to change a 3rd loadout set.

Yeah this was another baffling change to me. You can create specific wheels and assign them to specific directions on the d-pad but then you run into the same issue of constantly having going into the start menu to swap in and out wheels, mostly an issue for gunners since for you only really need one wheel for melee and another wheel for communication but depending on how many ammo types you run between your bowgun sets it can balloon pretty quickly

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Doesn't everyone just do almudron dog for cyberdog

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah looking through the hunters notes I just casually noticed that Thunder and Fire were this game's big elemental weaknesses. The messed up thing is that the amount of bonus damage monsters take from those two elements is higher on average than the amount of bonus damage monsters weak to the other elements take. Like, if a monster is weak to thunder, it's usually REALLY weak to thunder.

Additionally hosed up is that there are LBGs that shoot Fire/Thunder and Piercing Fire/Thunder that each have Weakness Exploit, so they're the best weapon of their respective element in every single regard. If you want Weakness Exploit on a Dragon/Ice/Water gun you have to make some sort of very large concession

I know Rathalos is the fire element exploit LBG but I thought Almudron is the only other element exploit LBG and it's primarily for water? It has ice/thunder but in very limited clip size. What's the thunder element exploit LBG you're talking about?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://youtu.be/3gC9WK32U8s

Sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be good at this game

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
It's them taunting us with how unfinished the game was at launch

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Im explicitly looking at working on my Armor and Weapon builds because I want to get my hunt times down to like 7~ mins, it feels completely unfeasible to do deco farming when a Magnamalo hunt takes 20 mins

What's the thunder element exploit LBG you were talking about last night

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I spent over 2500 hunts on lance in world/iceborne so my muscle memory is pretty hosed up and I never intentionally used a lance wire bug move and rarely used the slap until now when I'm well into the endgame where I'm trying to learn it

Because I see poo poo like this and think what the gently caress

https://youtu.be/lAgTQPdOQSo

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What's the best LBG for spread 3? Magnamalo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09G7EdA4hb4

the bow damage calculations are busted because they end up doing more elemental damage than they should be doing and you can animation cancel out of rapid shots