Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Each weapon or rather each move has different motion values which determine how much damage you do based on your attack stat. Elemental damage is generally unaffected by this but that means faster weapons with weaker motion values because they hit so often benefit the most from the "flat damage".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Senator Drinksalot posted:

Is freedom unite worth getting for the vita?

are you a masochist

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

https://youtu.be/ensS-1QHino

Monster hunter stories 2 got leaked early

thats a wyvern riding video..

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Augus posted:

so, like, did they name it that on purpose

The guy who founded grinding gear games would never

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ulio posted:

In World, with the longsword how do you get launched to the sky when you do the spirit thrust ability, I just get the charge thurst thats it.

are you talking about helm splitter? do you have a full bar banked before you press r2 + triangle?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Starting MH Rise after having not played for a few years since World. Anything I should be mindful of and does anyone have some words to say about switch axe?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Are there any notable event quest rewards like how in MHW you had attack decos and stuff from some of them?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bleck posted:

We gotta talk acronyms, folks - we going MHWi or MH6?

MHW 2

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

'ahahahaha' loving bellend. It's all fun and roses until you load into a public hunt and they're one-shotting the monsters or spamming barrels.

So you don't want a good feature bc some people waste 1 minute of a hunt one shotting a monster before you leave and find a different hunt/lobby?.

In 200 hours in World and 300 in Rise I've seen like 3 of those total, for reference.

Kild fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 8, 2023

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nuebot posted:

How many decos do I get for preordering the battle pass

Thats the only way to get an attack deco

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Yeah I like picking movesets, not a fan of cooldowns w. wirebugs

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

Why is there a car? Is Monster Hunter in a post-apocalypse bad future?

All the monsters are genetically engineered weapons used in an ancient war that basically ended the world like a nuclear apocalypse with the survivors being minor villages yea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fifteen of Many posted:

This may be a dumb question but I always see these cool clips of people attacking into monster attacks and it instantly downing the monster. Is this something every weapon can do/a mechanic I should be doing or is it just a coincidence that makes for dramatic clips?

https://twitter.com/MisiMHW1/status/1748251508419031506[

Just use an emote instead.