Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Crafting materials require general inventory space again. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Shine posted:

Even if the graphics fidelity can't match a PC, the environment design is beautiful. The first area has a much different look and feel to it than the Ancient Forest, rather than feeling like a budget version of it.

First area's kinda ugly, everything's just a giant, grainy blob of dark green, grey and brown. Feel like some better lighting/shadows along with a resolution bump could do wonders there.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

MMF Freeway posted:

LR monhun is so chill coming off of super late G rank.

It's funny hearing these poems about how dangerous these monsters are and I just ruthlessly cave their skulls in with a big hammer as they're helpless to stop me.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Barroth seems a lot more capable than he did in World, with his head slam shooting mud that he can (and will) follow up with a charge. If his damage was like it was back in Tri I bet we'd hear a lot about newer players having a hard time with him.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Speaking of throwing things, infinite throwing knives is the best new thing.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Really enjoying Courage stance on hammer. Strength is good for stick-and-run play but Courage really lets you stay in the thick of things. For those wondering how it works it gives you a combo attack on ZR where each part can be held and charged, but only up to Lv.2 instead of Lv.3 like other hammer charge attacks. This is a style that can heavily benefit from Focus.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Dunno how I feel about the switch skill for lance. It already has a perfectly good parry built into the main kit with a much more forgiving timing window and the cross counter doesn't seem all that special in terms of damage.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I love everything about every switch skill the hammer has.

https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1377117985597386760?s=20

Anjanath charging at you? Not for long.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Am I missing something or is the Ibushi armor terrible? What does Fortunate do with the 5pc set bonus?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh, lol, I do have them, I never noticed.

When do more talismans unlock? And decorations?

With hub rank progress.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Was hoping the Narwa set would be better than Ibushi but nope, just as lovely. If so many decos didn't need their pieces I'd probably never fight them again.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Zoig posted:

I will never stop enjoying those moments where i use shoryugeki correctly and counter uppercut a monster so hard they get stunned.

Today I RKO'd a Narga out of the air.

https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1378893816460025863?s=20

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

lightrook posted:

Kirin is the obvious one, and a fan favorite too.

Kirin needs an overhaul because if he's just like he was in World he'll be even more of a joke given how mobile wirebugs have made everyone.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tabletops posted:

Has anyone tried bludgeoner builds yet? I have a bludgeon 3 flinch free 1 charm with 1 deco that makes me wanna try it

They're good if you're lazy like me and hate sharpening. It doesn't make green sharpness as good as blue but it's close enough. This is what I'm using ATM with an Atlas Hammer:

Currently working on another mind's eye gem. IMO it's worth it for hammer since you end up hitting a lot of not-weak spots doing bludgeon spam.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I feel like this happens at least 1 out of every 10 times I try to impact crater a downed monster.

https://twitter.com/JooJooFlop/status/1380635124782407683?s=20

The worst is when you are solo and your loving cat/dog does it.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I can't wait for the mods to make getting good charms less of a grind.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

wedgie deliverer posted:

What did they do to Rajang. Why is he such a pushover now.

I felt bad for Barioth the most. He was the first wall of MR in Iceborne and in Rise he's just another speedbump on the road to HR. Same for Barroth post-Tri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

God I love courage hammer. Get Focus 2 for the instant charge on the second hit and mash R2 until the monster is defeated.