Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Shwqa posted:

Here is some of the "Fun" meta gaming information that is good to know.

You are guaranteed to get a legendary within the first 10 packs of that set. Right now the current sets in Standard are Barrens, schoolmance, ashe lands, and dark moon faire. So you can get four fairly quick legendaries. Unfortunately the game won't tell you which sets you can gotten a legendary from so you have to remember that.

You cannot get more copies of a card than a deck can handle (2 for common,rare,epic and 1 for legendary) until you have all cards of that rarity. This means you will get all the commons pretty quick. Also it means to not dust legendaries until they rotate out of Standard.

The game has a hidden MMR. They game will try to match to people of your similar skill and win rates.

You can also get another legendary in the first 10 packs of the "standard" packs (and "wild" packs) and I think also the "year of dragon" packs though you may just get those from tavern brawl?

E: yeah the "standard" packs are probably the best way to get cards from the last 2 years until you've at least gotten all the rares, and only then would I consider opening from specific sets (after you've gotten your 'first ten packs legendary') unless you're really shooting for specific cards.

Meatbag Esq. fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I ran this back to legend though I swapped an ogremancer for mutanus. TBH I don't think either card is very good in the current meta. The dream card legendary is one I was considering when the set released but :effort:.

### SuchSkill
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Renew
# 1x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Hysteria
# 2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
#
AAECAaOrBATIvgP76AOe6wPU7QMNk7oDm7oDr7oD3swD184D/tEDjtQD4t4D+98D+OMDlugDlO8DwZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

assume you piloted this from d5 -> legend? if so, just curious how long on average did a game take you?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Meatbag Esq. posted:

You can also get another legendary in the first 10 packs of the "standard" packs (and "wild" packs) and I think also the "year of dragon" packs though you may just get those from tavern brawl?

E: yeah the "standard" packs are probably the best way to get cards from the last 2 years until you've at least gotten all the rares, and only then would I consider opening from specific sets (after you've gotten your 'first ten packs legendary') unless you're really shooting for specific cards.

Sadly the standard/wild packs were tested and they don't have the first 10-pack guaranteed legendary :(

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

Sadly the standard/wild packs were tested and they don't have the first 10-pack guaranteed legendary :(

Oh dang, I guess I was just lucky.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Last King posted:

assume you piloted this from d5 -> legend? if so, just curious how long on average did a game take you?

Average game is under 10 minutes. Only control v control goes long. If I stabilize, agro players concede, and the ladder is predominantly agro right now.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Shwqa posted:

Also it means to not dust legendaries until they rotate out of Standard.

While this isn’t bad advice, I don’t think the duplicate protection works like that. Dusting a card doesn’t make it eligible to drop again until you’ve already unpacked a full set of everything and are getting random dupes. The exception to this is golden cards which have a soft dupe protection with the normal version, that means if you have a gold copy of a legendary but not a normal one, you will only unpack the normal version after you have unpacked every other legendary but you will fill that gap before it defaults to dupes.

So if you have a lovely legendary and really need the dust, you shouldn’t be risking reopening it later by dusting it.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 15, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

IIRC dusted legendaries count as opened so you can't get them again until you fill your collection with every other legendary.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

The era of "safe crafts" and "safe dusts" is basically over.

The monthly balance patch cadence along with the minisets can bring anything from unplayable to tier 1 at any time, and vice versa. Just save every card that you can.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Is there any way to report someone's Hearthstone name through the mobile app? I'm surprised that "cmonnigga" wasn't picked up by the banned words list in 2021 but here we are.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Is there any way to report someone's Hearthstone name through the mobile app? I'm surprised that "cmonnigga" wasn't picked up by the banned words list in 2021 but here we are.

Banned words list lol

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
That'd require some effort in policing this poo poo

I've seen people with the literal nazi number in their username before

Also, Wild at Dad Legend is just a waste of Twist Warlocks and hyper-aggro now (and Secret Mage). Nothing is fun.

I hope that now they've realised they can actually ban cards that Ice Block gets looked at next, mind.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Wild used to be my favorite mode since I could make the most fun decks but now I find it almost unplayable. It always seems like I am one of the few crazy people who doesn't care about ranking up and just wants to have fun.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Wild used to be my favorite mode since I could make the most fun decks but now I find it almost unplayable. It always seems like I am one of the few crazy people who doesn't care about ranking up and just wants to have fun.

I love wild but it is a loving wasteland of unfun poo poo right now. :(

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Chernabog posted:

I hate the fact that they changed how matchmaking works, especially for Wild. It was significantly more fun to play when you knew you were going to be playing against other Bronze 10 people.

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
Finally made to D5 with face Hunter and priest. But stuck at d3, any tips to make it first time to legend? I'm mostly losing to shamans.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Bomb-omb Texting posted:

Finally made to D5 with face Hunter and priest. But stuck at d3, any tips to make it first time to legend? I'm mostly losing to shamans.

I also need this advice. Do I just... switch to Shaman and play out the mirror match over and over?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha I had a notetaker up and got a sweet +4 attack with my doomhammer.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Bomb-omb Texting posted:

If you can make it to D3, you can make it to legend. The only “trick” is to keep playing and wait for random chance to take a 55% winrate to +20 net wins. Don’t get discouraged if you bounce down a few times.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Bomb-omb Texting posted:

Desert Bus posted:

I also need this advice. Do I just... switch to Shaman and play out the mirror match over and over?

Shaman is hard to play around right now because it's a bit of a moving target, between the very board-initiative Elemental versions and the Weapon-control Doomhammer version and everything in-between. Spoiler alert: vS is about to release a list that makes this even more muddled.

That said, Hunter is favorable vs both, as are Rush Warrior, Miracle Rogue, and Deathrattle DH (version with Sigils and no NZoth).

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Shaman is hard to play around right now because it's a bit of a moving target, between the very board-initiative Elemental versions and the Weapon-control Doomhammer version and everything in-between. Spoiler alert: vS is about to release a list that makes this even more muddled.

That said, Hunter is favorable vs both, as are Rush Warrior, Miracle Rogue, and Deathrattle DH (version with Sigils and no NZoth).

So just keep on keeping on with my 53% win rate with FaceHunter. Thanks!

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

orangelex44 posted:

If you can make it to D3, you can make it to legend. The only “trick” is to keep playing and wait for random chance to take a 55% winrate to +20 net wins. Don’t get discouraged if you bounce down a few times.

As evidence of this, I made a big misplay against my first 'final boss' this month and then fell down to rank 3 a couple times, but eventually I got back to it.

Also, I have a suspicion that it is advantageous to play on Mondays because a bunch of non-tryhards log in with decks they don't really grok to get weekly rewards.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
The big brain play is to realise you’re at the very intentionally manufactured gate where Time Played becomes much more impactful than Quality Played, and refuse to engage.

Dad Legend is Legend without the time sink trappings, and they need you to believe otherwise for those Engagements.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Shockeh posted:

The big brain play is to realise you’re at the very intentionally manufactured gate where Time Played becomes much more impactful than Quality Played, and refuse to engage.

Dad Legend is Legend without the time sink trappings, and they need you to believe otherwise for those Engagements.

Good advice! I've made legend 3 times in about 2 years of playing, each time when a meta deck 'clicked' for me and I found myself with a very high (65-70+%) win rate and also enjoying the games. Doing it in any other circumstances would require more time invested than I want.

Games length is a factor too depending on class.

D5 is good enough most months.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Honestly any time I make it to Gold, I feel good.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

GTO posted:

Good advice! I've made legend 3 times in about 2 years of playing, each time when a meta deck 'clicked' for me and I found myself with a very high (65-70+%) win rate and also enjoying the games. Doing it in any other circumstances would require more time invested than I want.

Games length is a factor too depending on class.

D5 is good enough most months.

I made it once, just to prove I could (and to get the free legendary after they reworked progression). I've never really felt required to do it again.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is there any hidden daily 'you get some extra xp if you've played a game or three today' or is it fine as long as i stay on top of the quests

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

flatluigi posted:

is there any hidden daily 'you get some extra xp if you've played a game or three today' or is it fine as long as i stay on top of the quests

I mean you get XP for as long as you play the game. There is some hidden XP tied to achievements though.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Strawberry Panda posted:

I mean you get XP for as long as you play the game. There is some hidden XP tied to achievements though.

well, yeah, i meant it in more of it giving a bonus for the first few wins of the day or w/e like other games tend to do

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Gobbeldygook posted:

That deck list was made back when N'zoth was 10 mana and could corrupt the clowns. N'zoth is now 9 mana so the list doesn't work at all.

This list is better. There are other lists that are maybe better than that, but they play slower and require more legendaries so craft that and see if you like the deck.

Having a lot of problems against face hunter. Any advice?

Also, what is the fancier version of that deck? I have a bunch of classic cards that are now worthless, so I have some dust reserves.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Okay I've been playing a bit more but I'm still kinda lost. The daily quests want me to play 3 games as x, y, or z classes, but the decks I have for these classes all say they're wild. I looked up some core set decks for the classes just to get started with but even then I tend to be missing cards in the set. Is there anywhere to get like day-one player yes these decks suck but they have 30 cards that should work together in some way? Or should I ignore my dailies until I get the full core set? And followup to that, how do I get all the core cards?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Do your dailies. Worst case scenario, just make a Standard deck for the class and let the game autocomplete it for you. Then just have a go.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Also, what is the fancier version of that deck? I have a bunch of classic cards that are now worthless, so I have some dust reserves.

Priest is good vs Hunter if you don’t mind 10+ minute games. You heal through all their damage while clearing their minions and then N’zoth your way to victory.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Olpainless posted:

I've seen people with the literal nazi number in their username before

I reported a player going by "HeilHitl3r" in Overwatch a while back, and although I frequently got the "Thanks for your report, action has been taken" card pop up in the past, I never got one for that particular one.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

prom candy posted:

Okay I've been playing a bit more but I'm still kinda lost. The daily quests want me to play 3 games as x, y, or z classes, but the decks I have for these classes all say they're wild. I looked up some core set decks for the classes just to get started with but even then I tend to be missing cards in the set. Is there anywhere to get like day-one player yes these decks suck but they have 30 cards that should work together in some way? Or should I ignore my dailies until I get the full core set? And followup to that, how do I get all the core cards?

You get the Core Set cards by levelling classes up to 10.

Tavern Brawls are unlocked by getting one class to 20.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Finally got the 12 wins in a row achievement in standard. Thought I was going to run all the way from D5 to Legend without losing a game, but I just hit a bad draw against a Face Hunter in the middle of D1.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Amoeba102 posted:

Do your dailies. Worst case scenario, just make a Standard deck for the class and let the game autocomplete it for you. Then just have a go.

Hey I got my first win doing this! I'm a strategy genius.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If you're down to play Rush Warrior, it has a favorable matchup vs Hunter. Shield of Honor has fallen out of favor, here is the current base list:

### Rush Warrior
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Gan'arg
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Bumper Car
# 2x (2) Conditioning (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) E.T.C., God of Metal
# 2x (2) Parade Leader
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Ringmaster Whatley
# 2x (5) Tent Trasher
# 2x (8) Troublemaker
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAQcGwN4Dzt4D++gDle0DqooEsIoEDLu5A7y5A+LMA93NA6fOA7PeA7XeA7reA8HeA8TeA5HkA5jtAwA=
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/fi0EoAykWEPzvelkikzfrg/

Additional legendaries can be added to adjust other matchups, but this one is solid vs Hunter.

In this matchup you typically won't have time to play Conditioning or Whatley or Troublemaker, so toss those cards in the mull. Try avoiding taking too much damage with your face into minions unless it is exactly Kolkar Pack Runner. Get on board, spend all your mana every turn (even a turn 1 stage dive, turn 2 Parade Leader, etc. Just put stuff on board).

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
^^^

This is the exact list I just got 12 in a row and legend for the month with BTW

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Whoever thought up the Mutanus PvE fight needs to have something horrible happen to them in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
The first book of mercenaries, the Warrior one, was pretty okay. The priest one was a horrible slog because they didn't ever give you any actual wincons.

This one is... just kind of mediocre.