Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Why don't they just make it a pirate? lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

AnacondaHL posted:

Here is a high-roll example of just how devastating this can be. This is why you snap keep Illucia in the mulligan:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/vc4cHwPRbnXuUH2wwKxEZ4

Warlock opponent has a perfectly fine curve, even has Soul Rend ready to go, and is dead on turn 3.

:discourse: very nice. :discourse:

a real work of art, hang this up yo.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

AnacondaHL posted:

Here is a high-roll example of just how devastating this can be. This is why you snap keep Illucia in the mulligan:

Warlock opponent has a perfectly fine curve, even has Soul Rend ready to go, and is dead on turn 3.

How have the Peasants been working for you?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah all this had proven is that Illucia rules as is.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Guessing Illucia will be changed to something like "Replace your hand with a copy of your opponent's until the end of your turn" or something. Hopefully that comes with a change back to 2 mana.

EDIT:

This was a pretty funny game. Almost everyone else was going full beasts too so rounds took forever. RIP Frogger builds(good riddance)

RatHat fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 17, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Two new Hero skin bundles datamined: Shadowlands and Fairy tale. Fairy tale is presumably for Halloween(I hope they being back Horseman Uther too since he didn't have unique voice lines when he released)

The Shadowlands ones are eh but I really like the Fairy Tale ones, especially Jaina's voice lines. If they're like previous bundles each bundle will be $20.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

RatHat posted:

Two new Hero skin bundles datamined: Shadowlands and Fairy tale. Fairy tale is presumably for Halloween(I hope they being back Horseman Uther too since he didn't have unique voice lines when he released)

The Shadowlands ones are eh but I really like the Fairy Tale ones, especially Jaina's voice lines. If they're like previous bundles each bundle will be $20.

Where does this data mining come from? Are they looking for strings in the download from the appstore or something?

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Can someone explain to me the interaction of the old parrot frog combo?

Like, I have seen the cards, I just don’t get why they went basically infinite.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

With Baron the frog buffs grow exponentially. So eventually let's say that a (regular) parrot has 8 buffs and every time it attacks it doubles or triples them if Baron is still there. It gets out of hand pretty quickly. With the nerf it cannot activate itself so it can't keep growing on its own.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 17, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

The leapfrogger Deathrattle leaps to the Parrot so when the Parrot attacks it triggers its own Deathrattle. If the battle pans out such that the Parrot is the only Beast on your side it progressively giants itself every time it attacks. Golden Parrot and Baron shenanigans can get that leapfrogger Deathrattle pretty fat.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Honestly it feels like the ultimate fix is to just get rid of Baron for a bit. Beasts are the only tribe that really use him and he's a super highrolly minion. It would probably mean beasts need another buff since it would kill both of their builds, but there's a lot of beasts that aren't bad and would probably get used if leapfrogger / baron wasn't so strong (the deathrattle / avenge buffer seems pretty good, but isn't worth potentially whiffing with a parrot).

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Parrot attacks triggering one deathrattle. Baron double that two deathrattles. The next trigger of the deathrattle triggers 4, then 8, then 16, etc. The leap frog deathrattle trigger after tokens are made and with the reborn effect it is really easy to trigger it dozens of time.

Then imagine golden parrot and golden baron. Parrot attacks double triggering leap frog. Baron triples that so you are at 6 leaps. Next trigger is 18. Then 54. Then 162.

You can get multiple parrots and leap frog to make it even more crazy.

They are nerfing parrot, leap frog, and the reborn snake on the next patch.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I'm glad they found a way to nerf parrot without killing it, I love the parrot/buff the whole board deathrattle guy combo. Combining that with the dragon that keeps any stats it gains during combat is so gross and fun.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

enki42 posted:

Honestly it feels like the ultimate fix is to just get rid of Baron for a bit. Beasts are the only tribe that really use him and he's a super highrolly minion.

You can also do this!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If anything Baron was too weak until this patch. Even Goldrinn + baron + parrot was often not good enough for 1st place.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

AnacondaHL posted:

lol this exact thing just happened in NA Grandmasters

I mean the player didn't actually need to play Illucia, Warlock was just dead on board after turn 3 with no options

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

fanny packrat posted:

How have the Peasants been working for you?

Don't have enough reps yet! but they seemed fine.

Starsfan posted:

lol this exact thing just happened in NA Grandmasters

I mean the player didn't actually need to play Illucia, Warlock was just dead on board after turn 3 with no options

yep I just saw it too lmao :thumbsup:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Shwqa posted:

Parrot attacks triggering one deathrattle. Baron double that two deathrattles. The next trigger of the deathrattle triggers 4, then 8, then 16, etc. The leap frog deathrattle trigger after tokens are made and with the reborn effect it is really easy to trigger it dozens of time.

Then imagine golden parrot and golden baron. Parrot attacks double triggering leap frog. Baron triples that so you are at 6 leaps. Next trigger is 18. Then 54. Then 162.

You can get multiple parrots and leap frog to make it even more crazy.

They are nerfing parrot, leap frog, and the reborn snake on the next patch.

Honestly I think just changing parrot to not trigger it's own deathrattle would have been fine.
Even before the incoming nerfs you were dead if you were trying the combo and didn't get one of the pieces.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

It does kinda suck that despite having a new build, beasts are still about "you need this specific combination of minions, if you don't you lose". Dragons were a bit like that with kalegos, but needing one minion is still way better than needing 3 (and dragons have more variety now).

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

enki42 posted:

It does kinda suck that despite having a new build, beasts are still about "you need this specific combination of minions, if you don't you lose". Dragons were a bit like that with kalegos, but needing one minion is still way better than needing 3 (and dragons have more variety now).
It feels like to succeed in Battlegrounds you need one of either Poison, Divine Shield or Just Giant Stats. Beasts basically have no way to get the first two and for some reason their only paths to the third one is set as being minion combos triggering in specific orders. There's no hero power or minions that enable any kind of midrange beast strategy. Elementals are in the same boat with the only way to play them being Just Giant Stats but they have multiple different paths to get there.

It feels like Beasts would need a nearly complete ground up redesign in order to not be combo land.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Is Hunter or Priest the best way to play the Elvine Boar meme deck? I'm getting pretty burned out from Battlegrounds and Standard.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I don’t think the leapfrogger nerfs are enough. Parrot triggering the deathrattle on itself is a small part of the problem. They really needed to stop rat back from spawning it’s deathrattle units before the frog deathrattle is triggered. Most of the time you lose to beasts it’s because a rat pack died with Baron alive and fills the board with 20/20+ minions, that reduce the chance of your baron getting sniped, and each time they die they pass on double or triple the stats they had.

I had a game today where my regular Parrot only attacked once before dying, and I still ended up with rats over 2k health and attack because the enemy units kept attacking everything other than Baron. If they fixed the deathrattle order to send the frog buff out before spawning units, beasts would have been fixed without any other changes.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I think deathrattle have always triggered in the order in which they arrived.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

I don’t think the leapfrogger nerfs are enough. Parrot triggering the deathrattle on itself is a small part of the problem. They really needed to stop rat back from spawning it’s deathrattle units before the frog deathrattle is triggered. Most of the time you lose to beasts it’s because a rat pack died with Baron alive and fills the board with 20/20+ minions, that reduce the chance of your baron getting sniped, and each time they die they pass on double or triple the stats they had.

I had a game today where my regular Parrot only attacked once before dying, and I still ended up with rats over 2k health and attack because the enemy units kept attacking everything other than Baron. If they fixed the deathrattle order to send the frog buff out before spawning units, beasts would have been fixed without any other changes.

By fixed you mean completely killed.
Your deathrattle fix would make the minion completely useless and you would be back to goldryn being the only viable beast build

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I am still working on this Silver Hand deck. Just realized Peasant would trigger Carnival Barker so I dropped a Hidden Wisdom and The Blessing of Wisdom for those, and I got tired of going up against aggro decks running Watch Post so I removed both Warhorse Trainers for those. Warhorse Trainer was usually pretty useless. Deck still loses a lot so the Silver Hand/getting awarded Silver for second place joke name still works, Thankfully.

### 2nd Place
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Hidden Wisdom
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (1) Peasant
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Flash of Light
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Pursuit of Justice
# 2x (3) Carnival Barker
# 2x (3) Day at the Faire
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (4) Lightfused Stegodon
# 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed
# 2x (5) Quartermaster
#
AAEBAeq3BALA/QKH3gMO7A/tD7jHAtnHAuyGA4ytA5a2A8rBA4PeA4TeA6LeA/foA/T2A66KBAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

NorgLyle posted:

It feels like to succeed in Battlegrounds you need one of either Poison, Divine Shield or Just Giant Stats. Beasts basically have no way to get the first two and for some reason their only paths to the third one is set as being minion combos triggering in specific orders. There's no hero power or minions that enable any kind of midrange beast strategy. Elementals are in the same boat with the only way to play them being Just Giant Stats but they have multiple different paths to get there.

It feels like Beasts would need a nearly complete ground up redesign in order to not be combo land.

I think in a world without wacky deathrattle hijinks you could probably buff things like the Avenge / Deathrattle buffer, and Mama bear. Beasts aren't that far off being able to have a viable build around endless waves of buffed minions.

Poison also seems like something that could be pushed in Beasts more. The murloc poison minion actually would have been really interesting in beasts since they have such natural avenge synergies (also it would tend to be more of a combat buff that doesn't stick around, since you'd be way more likely to be giving poison to tokens vs. your actual units)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

If you are still wondering how broken leapfrog can get

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

Chernabog posted:

If you are still wondering how broken leapfrog can get

what the gently caress

how long did that turn take jesus christ

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

He had a bunch of divine shields and tokens so my (3 golden) parrots got to attack maybe twice each.

Edit: I had the poison 1/1 to protect my Baron from Zap.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 18, 2021

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kind wish they'd fix the end of game rewards to be working again. It was nice weeing how much XP you got per game, and to see quest completion popups and reward track stuff being unlocked.

Also, maybe they could allow BGs to allow for unlimited minions during combat so that summoning very very wide boards is possible. It would at least allow some consistency for summon deathrattle strategies instead of what usually happens were you can often lose out on the full benefit. But,..then a high attack rat pack would break the game. Maybe have a summon buffer of a few minions, so summoned minions sit in a queue until their is baord space for them to pop in. Just maybe have a limit on that to avoid rat pack issues.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Amoeba102 posted:

Kind wish they'd fix the end of game rewards to be working again. It was nice seeing how much XP you got per game, and to see quest completion popups and reward track stuff being unlocked.

Yeah this has been annoying me too.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Kind of funny that quest mages can consistently (3/3 this evening) complete their quest (including playing Dawngrasp) on turn 8 regardless of me not offering any minions as targets for their spells.

But apparently warlock is the problem.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just had a round in BGs go so long that I had literally 4 seconds left to buy minions in the tavern phase. You can probably guess what both of us were playing(It was Beasts vs Beasts)

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

I was playing around in Wild today since I was just goofing off and I ran into three people playing very similar Paladin decks that I've never seen before. The deck includes Call to Arms, Rally, Nerubar Weblords, Far Watch Posts, Annoy-o-Trons and Crossroads Gossipers. It also runs a few secrets; Yogg and one other one I wasn't able to trigger. What is this thing? What is it trying to do? What does it beat?

The answer is Not Quest Warrior to at least the third question.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

NorgLyle posted:

I was playing around in Wild today since I was just goofing off and I ran into three people playing very similar Paladin decks that I've never seen before. The deck includes Call to Arms, Rally, Nerubar Weblords, Far Watch Posts, Annoy-o-Trons and Crossroads Gossipers. It also runs a few secrets; Yogg and one other one I wasn't able to trigger. What is this thing? What is it trying to do? What does it beat?

It's the current wild aggro paladin, pretty much just gunning for Warlock. You stick a board, your opponent can't play any cards and you kill them with conviction/other buffs. It loses hard to the other aggro decks.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

NorgLyle posted:

It actually should have a pretty good matchup vs quest warrior. Weblord generally slows down the board development of the pirates by 1-2 turns.

But mostly it tries to kill quest warlocks and anything doing cheesy things.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

L0cke17 posted:

It actually should have a pretty good matchup vs quest warrior. Weblord generally slows down the board development of the pirates by 1-2 turns.

But mostly it tries to kill quest warlocks and anything doing cheesy things.
It went 0 - 3 against my probably very unrefined list but possibly they pulled the wrong things with Call each time. They were never able to stick a board and folded up and died once I started firing cannon shots.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Sometimes you have a completely ridiculous game.

(bans were beast/dragon/pirate)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am so incredibly salty that they're probably going to nerf irebound brute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

NorgLyle posted:

It went 0 - 3 against my probably very unrefined list but possibly they pulled the wrong things with Call each time. They were never able to stick a board and folded up and died once I started firing cannon shots.

I played a bunch of quest pirate in standard last month and loved it, the flavour is great. In standard it just seems a touch underpowered against the top decks though, be good for it to get a minor buff.