Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Tezzeract posted:

Is the Tavern Brawl supposed to give a card back? I got the first win and received a pack instead.

No it gives a pack on the first win unless there's something special going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Flayer posted:

Anyone been having any luck with a Big Mage list? Doesn't seem like it has any kind of win condition outside of some kind of Mask shenanigans which is very unlikely to have enough damage to work.

no but hero power mage is absolutely legit now that the mage hero no longer fucks with wildfire, and recasts ice barrier + mask of c'thun reliably

i just faced one that generated 5 ice barriers in a single game which was fairly frustrating

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Flayer posted:

Anyone been having any luck with a Big Mage list? Doesn't seem like it has any kind of win condition outside of some kind of Mask shenanigans which is very unlikely to have enough damage to work.

I'm 5-2 with this one at around diamond 10. Sometimes you get screwed with the wildfires but IMO they are worth it for the Mordresh as a finisher

edit: I actually changed the Book and Balinda for two Scorpids and it seems to be better.

### Big hero power
# Class: Mage
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (1) Shivering Sorceress
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (1) Wildfire
# 2x (2) Amplified Snowflurry
# 2x (2) Pandaren Importer
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (4) Deepwater Evoker
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Balinda Stonehearth
# 2x (6) Grey Sage Parrot
# 2x (7) Clumsy Courier
# 1x (7) Magister Dawngrasp
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 1x (8) Mordresh Fire Eye
# 2x (9) Rune of the Archmage
#
AAECAf0EBtjsA53uA6CKBKiKBMSgBP+iBAyk0QP+0QP73QPT7APW7AOx9wPJ+QOSgQSTgQSfkgShkgT7ogQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 23, 2021

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Tezzeract posted:

Is the Tavern Brawl supposed to give a card back? I got the first win and received a pack instead.

I recall the wording implying the card back might be something from a previous year so maybe you had it already

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Yeah it's the same cardback they've given out every time this brawl comes around, so if you've already got it you just get the pack.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
lmao killed a rogue from nearly full health with c'thun on turn 8. sorry dude your boars weren't fast enough

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I have found it, the mythical 'good hero power mage deck'

rustrot and mass poly makes paladin a joke, the one thing i might do is add a one-of devolving since I often wish I had that card in most games

11 game winstreak and counting (at legend)

### Hero Power
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (1) Wildfire
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (4) Fire Sale
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 1x (7) Mass Polymorph
# 1x (9) Rune of the Archmage
#
AAECAf3VAwjY7AOd7gPn8AOn9wPQ+QOgigSYjQT7ogQLpNED/tED+90D0+wD1uwDk4EEqIEEn5IEoZIE6J8ExqAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Beasteh posted:

rustrot and mass poly makes paladin a joke, the one thing i might do is add a one-of devolving since I often wish I had that card in most games

### Hero Power
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (1) Wildfire
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (4) Fire Sale
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 1x (7) Mass Polymorph
#
AAECAf3VAwjY7AOd7gPn8AOn9wPQ+QOgigSYjQT7ogQLpNED/tED+90D0+wD1uwDk4EEqIEEn5IEoZIE6J8ExqAEAA==
#

Sure enough, just outlasted a libram paladin with this at D9.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Got to D5 today with big demon hunter. Pretty fun stuff!

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

went 12-3 from D3 to legend with drek'thar taunt druid. deck still feels insanely strong. and ladders very fast.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Okay so fun interaction with the mage hero and reckless apprentice: the pings from apprentice count towards honorable kills and boost the damage of your hero power, got it up to 14 damage in a single game :hellyeah:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ferroque posted:

went 12-3 from D3 to legend with drek'thar taunt druid. deck still feels insanely strong. and ladders very fast.

What does this deck look like?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What does this deck look like?

I just used the Vicious Syndicate list. I'm not sure what else would even go into the deck, maybe squirrel instead of trogg? But trogg continues to be great in the deck even post-nerf.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

ferroque posted:

I just used the Vicious Syndicate list. I'm not sure what else would even go into the deck, maybe squirrel instead of trogg? But trogg continues to be great in the deck even post-nerf.

Just went 4-0 with this with none of the games being particularly close. I was lucky to not face any deck with wide removal, though. But fun deck!

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

If you stick composting on a wide board the deck is still somewhat resilient to a board wipe - definitely one of the aspects that puts the deck above lesser aggro decks.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

ferroque posted:

If you stick composting on a wide board the deck is still somewhat resilient to a board wipe - definitely one of the aspects that puts the deck above lesser aggro decks.

Yep definitely!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ferroque posted:

Turns out giving your opponent(especially a Druid) a board of 1/2 minions is still a really bad idea

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I won a preorder 60 Alterac pack on a giveaway on Twitter and I’ve only opened 11 packs so far and I’ve gotten two golden legendaries. Is this why people buy these packs? :aaaaa:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I’d probably like Quest Warrior in any other environment; but it’s just autopilot. The player is irrelevant, every turn could be handled by a relatively basic script. I’ve no idea what they were thinking, honestly.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Shockeh posted:

I’d probably like Quest Warrior in any other environment; but it’s just autopilot. The player is irrelevant, every turn could be handled by a relatively basic script. I’ve no idea what they were thinking, honestly.

If it's nonlinearity and decision-making you're after, try this:

### get em burgle
# Class: Rogue
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (0) Desk Imp
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
# 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (3) Double Agent
# 1x (3) Traveling Merchant
# 1x (4) Edwin, Defias Kingpin
# 2x (4) Frostwolf Warmaster
# 2x (5) Wildpaw Gnoll
# 1x (6) Mr. Smite
# 1x (7) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
#
AAECAYO6AgbP0QOK9AOh+QO/gATtgAT7igQMqssDpNED590D890DvYAE9p8E958E26AE7qAEu6QE3qQE+6UEAA==
#

It's fast, low-curve, and it feels like decisions are meaningful. Making a 12/12 Edwin on turn 5 is :kiss:.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ferroque posted:

I tried this deck... and yeah, I don't know. I'm fighting A LOT of hero power mage now, and that deck is a 100% hard counter to this.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

I tried this deck... and yeah, I don't know. I'm fighting A LOT of hero power mage now, and that deck is a 100% hard counter to this.

That deck is pretty cool! Thanks for posting it OP.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I didn't run into that deck on the way to legend, but its popularity seems to have exploded in the past few days. Did some big streamer show it off or something?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is d0nkey broken for anyone else :sigh:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Shockeh posted:

heh this is what I was coming to post about.. I just destroyed someone in Wild tying to play Galakrond Rogue.. never played a single card after the quest reward, just took him from full health to 0 using Captain Rokara and the juggernaut randomly generated bs. The next person I queued into was playing priest and they resigned as soon as I played the quest :( now I feel like a degenerate and a bully.

They really ought to get rid of the quest in Wild, it's just as awful as the Demon Seed ever was in the format. Get rid of it and the cheater's APM mage cards and let the format breath a bit.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Boatswain posted:

Is d0nkey broken for anyone else :sigh:

Has been for a week now

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
...I hate to ask but there's a donkey? Seen a few steeds can't say I've seen a d0nkey...

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Starsfan posted:

heh this is what I was coming to post about.. I just destroyed someone in Wild tying to play Galakrond Rogue.. never played a single card after the quest reward, just took him from full health to 0 using Captain Rokara and the juggernaut randomly generated bs. The next person I queued into was playing priest and they resigned as soon as I played the quest :( now I feel like a degenerate and a bully.

They really ought to get rid of the quest in Wild, it's just as awful as the Demon Seed ever was in the format. Get rid of it and the cheater's APM mage cards and let the format breath a bit.

I'd add the Hunter quest to that for wild as well.

I still genuinely think ignite should increase in cost as well when it's shuffled. That'd kill the otk combo without a bunch more prep while still making it a great value engine.

In general though the game is in some dire need of more ways to influence spells in the opponents hand.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Desdinova posted:

...I hate to ask but there's a donkey? Seen a few steeds can't say I've seen a d0nkey...

d0nkey.top

Excellent site to keep track of what pros/godly streamers are playing i.e. the meta.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Desdinova posted:

It is a site that shows current decks:
https://www.d0nkey.top/

Also, this is just loving chewing people up in Wild Legend/Casual Wild for me, if you're bored of the "meta" Wild poo poo give it a try. Scargill + Megafin is brutal:

### Mrrrrlocs
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 1x (1) Unite the Murlocs
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Ice Fishing
# 2x (2) Lushwater Scout
# 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
# 2x (2) South Coast Chieftain
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 1x (4) Scargil
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAYHaAwTgBZvEApybA6juAw3bA6cIvxe3bJ3CAovOAoyUA7WYA8qrA5ToA7PoA93sA5XwAwA=
#

peer
Jan 17, 2004

what the gently caress is this deck??? anyway i lost to it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
looks like some sort of extremely lovely buff Paladin

peer
Jan 17, 2004

yeah, after he'd played a ton of low-cost minions i did not expect a 10/10 templar captain off the cavalry horn

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

peer posted:

what the gently caress is this deck??? anyway i lost to it

I've played vs. the same deck a couple times, I guess the idea is that the bad cards like Worgen are still fine to draw if you get Cariel down. Still doesn't keep them from gassing out really quick.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Yesterday I lost to a Rogue deck that played double desk imp and double murloc tinyfin.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

victorious posted:

Yesterday I lost to a Rogue deck that played double desk imp and double murloc tinyfin.

That a version of the burgle list I posted. It's pretty fast.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

fellas, you absolutely love to see it

(don't be that guy, kill your owl the turn you play it)

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

I kept a devolving missiles in my opening hand last night and was able to hit the warlocks humungous owl 8 turns later,, to which they conceded. Beautiful.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Wild Legend is the poo poo. It's like Casual Wild but better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Beasteh posted:

### Hero Power
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 2x (1) Wildfire
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Ice Barrier
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (4) Fire Sale
# 2x (4) Multicaster
# 2x (7) Mask of C'Thun
# 1x (7) Mass Polymorph
#
#

I stomped from D10 to one win away from D5 at a 90% WR with this...then ran into a wall of loving druids and have buttslid all the way down to D8 again. Fun deck!