Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Picked up some Hearthstone after not really playing for, oh god, a year or two. Standard is ok but obviously a ridiculous hurdle without any new cards, so I returned to my roots in Wild with the Greatest Deck of All Time in both style and execution, Mech Shaman.

Try Murloc shammy, it’s legitimately a competitive Wild deck with all of the new support that they got from the recent expansion, and it’s comparatively pretty light on dust to craft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

Never got to see what the special card was, so no clue why that one had a different card back.

Gaebril
Dec 18, 2016
What's the play against spell mage, if I'm libram paladin? I get that Oh My Yogg is my key card, but apart from that? Am I the aggro player here or should I be cleaning up their board?

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Gaebril posted:

What's the play against spell mage, if I'm libram paladin? I get that Oh My Yogg is my key card, but apart from that? Am I the aggro player here or should I be cleaning up their board?

Just push damage as fast as you can. They can't burn you out if they're dead.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Love when I pick deathrattle hunter in Duels and then get zero deathrattle buckets.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Not sure how this flavor of Control Warlock compares to other decks, but this was the only one which I semi-reliably (as in, usually positive win rate :) ) can win against Paladins and Deck of Lunacy mages: https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/1384303-watch-post-tickatus-lookout-std

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
Got my first 1000 wins hero with a priest. Thanks to back in the day OTK Velen, resurrect priest and now miracle priest. Now to find new class to play. Lunacy mage seems pretty annoying to play against, or ticatus warlock?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The Rokara book of heroes is slow but at least this time they remembered to make the player decks good enough to win. Being able to choose your hero power for most of it was also nice.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Tickatus Warlock is not lasting long enough in this meta. Wait til after the balance changes would be my opinion.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Against my Wild Yogg Mage, Tickatus is annoying as gently caress.

Against Standard Lunacy Mage, I’ve already drawn my entire deck before you can play Tickatus.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Regalingualius posted:

Try Murloc shammy, it’s legitimately a competitive Wild deck with all of the new support that they got from the recent expansion, and it’s comparatively pretty light on dust to craft.

What is your decklist for this?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/GW_Alec/status/1379532174324461569?s=19
changes are a comin'!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Six cards...

For sure:
Sword of the Fallen

Probably:
2 mana watch post
Spring Water

They should but may not:
3 mana watch post
Jandice Barov

Idk if they should but they may:
Pen Flinger
Deck of Lunacy

I want them to but not sure it's necessary:
Devolving missiles

Not sure if that's enough for paladin.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Apr 6, 2021

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

No Wave posted:

Six cards...

For sure:
Sword of the Fallen

Probably:
2 mana watch post
Deck of Lunacy

They should but may not:
3 mana watch post
Jandice Barov

Idk if they should:
Pen Flinger

Devolving missiles

Agreed. Even if they hit both sword and pen flinger I dont think that hurts it enough to drop it out of Tier 1. Up to 34-9 with it at Diamond 2, guess I should push before the patch hits.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Jandice summoning 2 4 mana minions seems like an easy nerf that would probably keep her viable IMO (I wouldn't be surprised if that's roughly equivalent to what her power level was pre-core rotation, and she was good then too)

I'd be shocked if Deck of Lunacy escapes nerfs - I think that's way more likely than Spring Water. Both are strong, but spring water isn't nearly as frustrating to play against (it's hardly a rarity for some classes to draw a lot very cheaply these days)

Flinger not going face would be a great nerf IMO.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's interesting how crazy DoL ended up when Academic Espionage was so medium for so long (I loved academic espionage, obnoxious highroll card but escaped being good enough for people to care). I think guaranteeing high cost spells is what does it, because drawing mana discounted high cost spells is so much better than drawing 0 cost cheap cards.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Desert Bus posted:

What is your decklist for this?

### Custom Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Ice Fishing
# 2x (2) Lushwater Scout
# 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
# 2x (2) South Coast Chieftain
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAYHaAwLgBajuAw7bA6cIvxe3bJ3CAovOAoyUA7WYA8qrA5HkA5ToA7PoA93sA5XwAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Secret Paladin is already better without the pen flingers, most lists are dropping them

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

quote:

It's interesting how crazy DoL ended up when Academic Espionage was so medium for so long (I loved academic espionage, obnoxious highroll card but escaped being good enough for people to care). I think guaranteeing high cost spells is what does it, because drawing mana discounted high cost spells is so much better than drawing 0 cost cheap cards.

A lot of it is really riding on stuff like Nagrand Slam - notice how lunacy mages are running high cost spells that they wouldn't have dreamed of running so much (Flamestrike, the 8 mana water elemental freeze spell) when the 10 mana pool wasn't so tiny.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

No Wave posted:

Six cards...

For sure:
Sword of the Fallen

Probably:
2 mana watch post
Spring Water

They should but may not:
3 mana watch post
Jandice Barov

Idk if they should but they may:
Pen Flinger
Deck of Lunacy

Devolving missiles

Octobot and 2 mana post to three health.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can they speed up secret animations for gently caress's sake? It's bad enough you need to think longer during your turn, you don't need 10 seconds wasted waiting for 3 secrets to resolve.

It's amazing how much more thinking the opposing player needs to do versus the paladin.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

sirtommygunn posted:

The Rokara book of heroes is slow but at least this time they remembered to make the player decks good enough to win. Being able to choose your hero power for most of it was also nice.

Every few months I go bang my head against the warrior book of heroes and fail again. That loving priest match.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I feel like an actual direct nerf to Deck of Lunacy is probably not needed this round; they could afford to wait and see if it's still degenerate after some related nerfs, like Spring Water.

However, bumping the mana cost by 1 seems like it would be pretty reasonable and not kill the card at all.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I agree. I feel that upping the cost of Spring Water and Deck of Lunacy by 1 would be enough to slow the deck a little but not totally gut it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Bumping Spring Water mana cost up 1 also turns it into Guardian Animals, so I'm ok with a nerf like that.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

I'd rather go the other way - as long as Lunacy is a cornerstone of the deck people will complain about it, and I'd rather have a strong consistent tier 2 deck with some absurd draw than a pile of randomness that is destined to be either meme-tier or completely hated.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Summoned the "buff minions +1/+1 for each spell" watchtower from a mage's secret just in time for them to summon 5 Silver Hand Knights. Silly me, should've played around that.

Previous game, a mage played the priest "summon a 7-mana minion" and got the demon hunter face damage chick to kill me right before I had guaranteed lethal. Love getting outskilled like that.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

No Wave posted:

DoL has also always been an insanely strong card, it’s just that spell mage has been T3 at best due to the prevalence of weapon classes like Demon Hunter and Rogue. To quote Vicious Syndicate at the launch of Darkmoon Faire:

Vicious Syndicate, November 26 posted:

Deck of Lunacy has proven to be a fairly powerful and toxic opener for Spell Mage, but it wasn’t enough to lift the archetype to a more competitive Tier. It is likely going to drift back to meme status, though Deck of Lunacy’s performance suggests that it might be hit by a future nerf once the Mage class is actually good again.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sirtommygunn posted:

Giving you a bunch of handbuff vs a hero power of make your minion a 3/3 is a choice

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Secret Paladin is already better without the pen flingers, most lists are dropping them

Are they? I haven't seen a list without them yet.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
What would you even put in? I can't even count how many games I won strictly because of ridiculous pen flingers and a hand of 0 cost librams.

EDIT: Literally just beat a Lunacy Mage by throwing approximately 30 pen flingers at his face, for instance.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Apr 7, 2021

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Gobbeldygook posted:

Octobot and 2 mana post to three health.

dropping the watch post health to three would be a huge nerf, since it feels like almost everything can put that out easily and quickly? wouldn't it be better to up the cost to three instead? or is the hatred for this card so universal already?

some of this reminds me of when dh was first released...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Guessing Sword of the Fallen(Either cost +1 or durability -1), Conviction(2 attack instead of 3), Fresh Spring Water(Only regens 1 mana per spell), Field Contact(Bumped 1 mana), Pen Flinger(Only targets minions), and 2 mana Watchpost(Bumped to 3 mana or health reduced by 1) will be the cards nerfed.

EDIT: Actually that might be too much for Conviction. Bump it to 2 mana then?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Just hit Legend off the absolutely insane Libram Secret deck I posted, I went 40-9 for an 82% win rate. Holy actual poo poo this deck is incredibly broken. As a long time Dad Legend player it's cool that I finally hit Legend and never have to worry about it again I suppose.

Final boss was a Hunter who conceded on 6, anticlimactic but I'll take it.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

If they nerf the watch posts I'd rather they hit their attack than their health or cost. It's fine if they can punish you for leaving them on board, but they shouldn't also trade well if your opponent dedicates resources to destroying them.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Medivh+Cardback and For the Hoard cardback in game store, for gold or cash. Was For the Hoard the Kobolds preorder one or a monthly?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ha, they finally changed Arthas' pre-game line so he acknowledges Illidan. Too bad, it was funnier when he didn't.

Quotey posted:

Medivh+Cardback and For the Hoard cardback in game store, for gold or cash. Was For the Hoard the Kobolds preorder one or a monthly?

pre order I believe

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Is Deck of Lunacy really that good post-rotation?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Color Printer posted:

A lot of spells that were useless to a No Minion Mage deck rotated out, and the ridiculously good no-minion card draw engine Spring Water was added. Previously, it felt like the no-minion archetype was too dependent on specific spells for Lunacy to really work with it, so the increased dependability of the random spell pool is really crucial.

In fact, just a few weeks ago in the previous thread I was debating dusting the card (pre-rotation) because I just couldn't get consistent results with it.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Color Printer posted:

7 cost spells have a 50/50 chance of getting Nagrand Slam, which is just ridiculous value. If you discount your 7 cost spells by one, you just spam Libram of Hope instead.