Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Regalingualius posted:

### Custom Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Ice Fishing
# 2x (2) Lushwater Scout
# 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
# 2x (2) South Coast Chieftain
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAYHaAwLgBajuAw7bA6cIvxe3bJ3CAovOAoyUA7WYA8qrA5HkA5ToA7PoA93sA5XwAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

12-4 lol, I love beating the Secret Mages. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Watching the GM stuff on youtube (Hey, I should have a pack by now). Penflinger and Librams have been everywhere, and actually cards I'd like to see go away. But Blitzchung didn't ban mage - and had an insane gibberling start against a lunacy made, getting 4 2/2s and a 1/1 on turn 1 with the coin. But The mage had lunacy on 2, into skull of gul'dan on 3, drawing runic carvings, etc etc. Just kill Lunacy.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I find it comical that Wild is probably in a better place than standard right now.

As an aside, Horde Operative is really good, makes a nice tech for deathrattle hunter. Love stealing someone's OMY and watching them burn their own call to arms.

Also, the official most comical game ever, with a highlander mage coin - ratting my Tonk out turn 1. Cheers!

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Cry Havoc posted:

wow the meta is so toxic right now between mage and paladin, can’t even enjoy playing other classes

just gonna take a break and mess around in casual until they fix this crap

Yeah, considering that MtG Arena just launched on mobile this is a terrible time for them to have a meta this unfun. I’ve only been logging on to do daily/weekly challenges and then immediately going back to draft Kaldheim to my heart’s content. A 3 class meta with 1 class in a clear lead over the other 2 is just an atrocious experience. Hopefully the balance patch comes quickly and things become sane again.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Olpainless posted:

I find it comical that Wild is probably in a better place than standard right now.
Wild's genuinely fun because you come across all sorts of crazy bullshit (even if mage and priest have some lovely decks to play against).

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Patch is supposed to come Tuesday iirc.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I’ll give blizz the benefit of the doubt on mage since it’s a combination multiple reasons that spell mage is so good right now (small spell pool from Core rotation, very little aggro due to watchposts, etc.) but Paladins have just been getting crazy strong cards and synergies multiple expansions in a row and it’s just cumulated in a deck where almost every single card is standalone nuts good and I have no idea how they thought any other classes would be able to stand up to them

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Kalko posted:

Yeah, they really need to change their treasure/bucket weightings so that if, for example, you don't have a single Deathrattle minion you don't get offered any cards for it. The deck-building aspect of it really suffers when you aren't able to have your choices guide the kind of deck you want to make. I'm not saying every Harvest Time deck should always be offered a Nature's Army bucket, but they really need to tighten it up.

I caved and started playing Connections Rogue and got a few high scoring runs (including a 12-3), but I also washed out a bunch of times. One time I even got Band of Bees but that run only went to 5-3 because while that ability is devastating to some decks, others don't care about it (like DH), and also because as strong as that passive is it just can't compete with the mana cheating ones. Rally the Troops is ridiculously busted, and Duels is kind of at the point now where if you don't get that, or Emerald Goggles, or Orb of Revelation, your deck has a very low chance of making it past 5-6 wins. The only combo that competes is like the Rocket Backpacks/Special Delivery rush package, or sometimes Disks of Legend with a particularly good deck for it.

I haven't played Duels for a few days now, and Standard is kind of a bust too. Bring on the patch.

i need to ban myself from duels because it's basically burning gold at this point. i think ive had like 2 runs over 7. every deck is just so strong, if you dont get rally you're done basically and it's there so loving early

kind of not interested in arena either because of the poison minions. sucks to play against

Quotey fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 9, 2021

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I’ll give blizz the benefit of the doubt on mage since it’s a combination multiple reasons that spell mage is so good right now (small spell pool from Core rotation, very little aggro due to watchposts, etc.) but Paladins have just been getting crazy strong cards and synergies multiple expansions in a row and it’s just cumulated in a deck where almost every single card is standalone nuts good and I have no idea how they thought any other classes would be able to stand up to them

Paladin had one of the worst basic/classic sets so it is no surprise that everything suddenly got out of hand with the core set. In the long run this is probably a good thing because they won't have to print OP cards for paladin (and other classes) to keep them afloat.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
If anyone wants something a bit different, I’ve been playing with this and having decent success -

### spellz
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Guidance
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Novice Zapper
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Diligent Notetaker
# 2x (2) Landslide
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Feral Spirit
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 1x (3) Lady Vashj
# 2x (3) Molten Blast
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Bru'kan
# 2x (4) Dunk Tank
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (9) Malygos the Spellweaver
#
AAECAfe5AgbkuAOczgPi7AOoigS1igSXoAQM27gD4cwDzc4Dzs4D/tEDp94DieQDiuQD6ucDlugD+Z8E+p8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It can pull some wins out of thin air due to cheap spells and the notetaker.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Just noticed on Reddit that Firestone added tracking the number of packs you opened since you started playing the game. Not sure how they get the data though.

Also, now that I look at the screenshot, I'd be happier not knowing this.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 9, 2021

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

No Wave posted:

Never liked that guy

Funny how him and Purple got on so well, and I got unpleasant vibes from both of them. Zalae always seemed to me that that guy at university who had a PUA manual on his bedside table, and never really grew out of that.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
watch posts reallly need to be banned from arena.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I'm trying to play a control warrior to outlast all of the burn, and why is shield block not in standard? :(

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd hold off on control warrior right now, it's just completely destroyed by anything in the meta.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
this has probably been mentioned before, but is there any data on when during the week it's typically better to try to climb ranks?

i'm sure everything is completely out of whack due to a new expansion, but it seems i'm getting pretty hosed right now just trying to do my weeklies.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Last King posted:

this has probably been mentioned before, but is there any data on when during the week it's typically better to try to climb ranks?

i'm sure everything is completely out of whack due to a new expansion, but it seems i'm getting pretty hosed right now just trying to do my weeklies.

Probably Friday/Saturday nights when people get drunk and log on.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Acerbatus posted:

watch posts reallly need to be banned from arena.

yeah the 3 mana one absolutely does, the other ones are ok

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Acerbatus posted:

I'd hold off on control warrior right now, it's just completely destroyed by anything in the meta.

3-1 so far! Played nothing but mages, no idea how this will hold up against paladins.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Strawberry Panda posted:

gotcha so i just need to wait a few hours...

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Has anyone gotten their packs yet from the YouTube stream?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Strawberry Panda posted:

This is my "i'm gonna drink a 12 pack gently caress you game" and I honestly play better sober. It's super boring that way though.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

fanny packrat posted:

nope, this is a scam :lmao:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

fanny packrat posted:

Doesn’t that only work on the Twitch stream? And they changed it so you have to claim the first pack before you can begin earning another.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

RatHat posted:

Doesn’t that only work on the Twitch stream? And they changed it so you have to claim the first pack before you can begin earning another.

Nah you were supposed to be able to link your Battle.net account to YouTube for drops.

I heard somewhere that it could take 48 hours to show up from YouTube drops.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The youtube packs are a separate event from the Twitch packs. The only thing they've said about how the packs actually get into your account for this one though is that they'll show up ready to be opened within 48 hours of meeting whatever their criteria is for how long you need to watch the youtube stream. Of course, by the time you can figure out if their system isn't working you'll probably have forgotten about the whole thing.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/news/23652241/drops-return-to-hearthstone-masters

Also, you can definitely earn progress to your second pack for twitch drops (unrelated to this GM stuff) before claiming your first pack. I had one to claim and the second at 95% progress, it just bugs out and you have to restart twitch to claim the second one when it hits 100%.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
So I'm continuing to try Zoo Priest for like the fifth consecutive expansion. It's still pretty terrible, but I'm cautiously optimistic that after Paladin and Mage get nerfed that this time it'll be viable!

### Rally Zoo
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 1x (1) Frazzled Freshman
# 2x (1) Guardian Augmerchant
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Kul Tiran Chaplain
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Lightspawn
# 2x (3) Voracious Reader
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Lightsteed
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 1x (5) High Abbess Alura
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Devout Pupil
#
AAECAa0GBs6+A7vRA8PRA/7RA/voA6iKBAyTugObugOvugPevgO00QPA0QPG0QP64wP74wOi6APvnwTynwQA
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

I originally tried out deathrattle shenanigans (I think I even posted it here) and it was horrible. Then I left it alone for a while as I went back to good old Control Priest (seeing as my other main classes, Paladin and Mage, are entirely too meta for my preference). I thought I'd let it die there but... as I was making some revisions to my actually good deck I noticed Lightspawn, which led to me recalling it's at 3 mana now. I also remembered that Lightsteed has always been sneaky good, and this was the result.

As I said at the beginning, it still doesn't really perform all that great right now. However, there's room for optimism - the only things that have really hosed me are Devolving Missiles, Deck of Lunacy highrolls, and Paladin existing. In my other (rare) matchups it's done rather well, even against Watch Posts. I think it needs some optimization yet at the 1 mana slot and the high end, but it power spikes nicely from 3 to 6-ish mana.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Lmao, just lost a game on a ~0.02% chance.
My opponent had a 2/1 and a DS 8/1. I needed Eye of Cthun to hit the divine shield at least once and it didn't.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Apr 10, 2021

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Man Duels must just be a wasteland. I got matched against TeamAmerica with me at 8-2 and him at 9-1, and he's rated like 4k points higher than me.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Random rant, but the Priest XP achievement to start 50 turns with a full hand is just the absolute worst. Why would I want to do this. Why would you intentionally ask me to do this.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Something I didn't know - Evocation into secret passage means you keep all the spells.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Amoeba102 posted:

Something I didn't know - Evocation into secret passage means you keep all the spells.

Works with soularium too, and stops chaos gazer discard. And the shadow spell from DK valeera.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

AnacondaHL posted:

Random rant, but the Priest XP achievement to start 50 turns with a full hand is just the absolute worst. Why would I want to do this. Why would you intentionally ask me to do this.

You don't have to burn a card, it works if you draw your 10th at the start of the turn.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

So where are these loving balance changes? They're really making us wait a full two weeks in this dogshit meta?

Just had a mage lunacy on 2 into 3 mana skull of Gul'dan into make 5 pally tokens and prides call + sermon to buff them to like 3/5s (all for free, on that turn)

Fun and interactive

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Blizzard's Q&A.

quote:

Dean Ayala's Community Q&A #13 - Tickatus, Balance Patches, Curse of Naxxramas in Classic, User-Generated Content, and More!
Published 8 hours ago by Fluxflashor
Rating 5.00/5 (9 Votes)
Everyone's favourite Hearthstone Dad, Dean "Iksar" Ayala, finished off the week with a Q&A!. As usual, here's our recap of all the important points and a full transcript of the event.

Balance Patches
Details will arrive on Monday or Tuesday next week.
They had previously expected to do a patch this upcoming week, even before the expansion released.
Creating these patches are very taxing on some members of the team that make the patches.
Dean thinks that mid-late this week would have been better timing to plan for.
It takes the devs 3-5 days of gameplay to know if they need to make balance changes.
Planning and releasing a patch on all platforms takes an additional 3-5 days.
In the future, Dean thinks they might try to plan the first balance patch the following end of week if the expansion launches on a Tuesday.
When they do make cards like Deck of Lunacy, they want to do so in a way that makes them not the most powerful way to play.
Lunacy violates this and Dean doesn't think it will be around for long in its current form.

Forged in the Barrens
Shaman or Priest are probably the current sleeper classes. Some archetypes are hovering around 50% winrate.
They will be making a decision about buffs after the dust has settled on the nerfs.

Achievements

When they are less busy, Dean and Celestalon will likely sit down to audit how many points each of the achievements are worth.
Achievement points earned should be in-line with the effort given.

Classic

They won't be touching the mode for at least a full expansion cycle.
If players want them to release Curse of Naxxramas to re-experience that meta, Dean is down for it.
No plans for Classic are set in stone.
Dean's favourite Blackrock Mountain card is Grim Patron.

Cosmetics
They have hired a new Art Director and Dean is hyped to talk to him about cosmetics and what direction they might go in.
At least 2 Diamond cards will arrive with each expansion.
Doing a Diamond card reward for old adventure achievements could be cool.
Some arts don't work well with Diamond cards so they are considering making alternate art for the next set of them specifically for a Diamond animation.
The pipeline for cosmetics has ramped up significantly.
They want to explore new versions of cosmetics though no details to share yet.

Tickatus
Tickatus is a card that generates a lot of feels on both sides.
These types of decks are always a question of population and severity of gameplay change.
Shudderwock was similar but had a much higher population.
Naga Sea Witch was also similar but felt much less like you were playing a normal game of Hearthstone.
Most of the games Tickatus is played in, Tickatus loses.
Even in games where the deck has the card, sometimes it isn't played to get the win.
Dean doesn't want Tickatus to prevent them from promoting power in Control Warlock.
If Tickatus is a power blocker, they'll probably nerf it to make room for more powerful pieces.
"Sentiment is the only reason you should make changes. Data only helps us inform what sentiment actually might be rather than listening to one specific community."
They will be taking a look at Tickatus after the nerfs, though plenty of decks beat Tickatus.

Insights
Dean would like to do a game mode with customizable options (deckbuilding restrictions, house rules, etc.).
Pat Nagle is excited about the idea of user-generated content but its not on their list of things being worked on right now.
Dean thinks Blizzard as a whole could be doing a better job at user-generated content.
Exploring graveyard mechanics is something Dean would love to try but a whole new zone adds a lot of complexity.
He is not certain if it would be worth it in the end with the complexity, UI, and accessibility.
Internally, there is some thought that is text should only be introduced onto a card if there is a gameplay reason for it. (Such as Tribes)
If existing Quilboars in the constructed game don't play any differently than other cards, and there is no need to make a Quilboar deck, why add something that players should pay attention to?
Dean likes the idea of minion types as it makes the world feel larger. MTG does this by making everything a tribe.
Showing your Battlegrounds rank on the friendslist for Battlegrounds players is something they want to do. An engineer has already mocked up a version of it.

Mayveena fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 10, 2021

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Patrick Spens posted:

You don't have to burn a card, it works if you draw your 10th at the start of the turn.

This makes no sense :psyduck: now the achievement is even worse.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

This makes no sense :psyduck: now the achievement is even worse.

you don’t start your turn until after you draw a card hth

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

you don’t start your turn until after you draw a card hth

No. Start of turn stuff happens before the card draw, such as Corruption/Nat Pagle/Amazing Reno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

You're all missing the point anyways, which is gently caress Priest