Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Should aim higher than the second to starting zone. Then they can print actually cool minions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Amoeba102 posted:

Should aim higher than the second to starting zone. Then they can print actually cool minions.

For the first few years in WoW the Defias Pillager in Westfall was one of the deadliest mobs in the entire game due to a combination of slight over-tuning and sheer number of people going through the zone.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That does not make them cool.

We've had old gods and dragon aspects, and the biggest thing in the barrens is a mid dungeon boss from RFD. It's like when you go from saving the world in one expansion to doing fetch quests for dung at the start of the next.

Edit: And it's fine we're doing a chump zone at the start of a year, but you'd kind of want to progress as the year goes on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess since the mercenaries are supposed to grow throughout the year then it should be a higher level zone for Expansion 2. One of the Plaguelands maybe? Or they could do Stranglethorn.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'd say a level 40ish zone makes the most sense 10-20 for barrens, 50-60 for alterac valley. Stranglethorn is 40, the plaguelands were higher iirc. Alterac Mountains, Arathi Highlands, Desolace, Stranglethorn Vale, Dustwallow Marsh, Badlands, Swamp of Sorrows, Feralas, Hinterlands, Tanaris From lowest to highest level range. Arathi makes the most sense, as I've said before. Warsong gulch, Arathi Basin, Alterac Valley. But, it's likely a zone with an associated instance. Desolace and Maraudon, Badlands and Uldaman, Swamp of Sorrows and Sunken Temple, Feralas and Dire Maul - except it's a level 60 zone or was. Tanaris and Zul'Farak. I know some level ranges have changed, zone boundaries have changed too. But I only recognise Classic Azeroth or cool changes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This expansion seems to be set in classic Azeroth anyway.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lol. Bomb warrior playing sphere of sapience. Pulls it out with weapons cache, and then after eventually getting and breaking their wrench calibur, plays hoard pillager and gets the sphere. Follows up with another pillager, to ge the sphere again. Concedes.

Also managed to rod of roasting with blur again. Then i got a DH quest so, more yogg.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Any one know what happens when you're X/1500 when the rewards track rolls over, where does the excess experience go?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Amoeba102 posted:

Any one know what happens when you're X/1500 when the rewards track rolls over, where does the excess experience go?

I assume it's just wasted.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

That's what i was expecting. Just going to have grind out levels and not do quests if it's going to waste.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Hold on to quests from Sunday so you have the max in the bank for the start of the next track.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wouldn't be equivalent though? It's exp now for the 1500/50 g bonus levels, or it's just getting through the rewards track slightly faster to get to the same 1500/50g at the end anyway?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Amoeba102 posted:

Wouldn't be equivalent though? It's exp now for the 1500/50 g bonus levels, or it's just getting through the rewards track slightly faster to get to the same 1500/50g at the end anyway?
For me it's because I plan to get the tavern pass this time round but didn't the first time so I'm aiming for those sweet 10% gainz. In general though yes, just so you complete the first 100 levels faster for the better rewards quicker.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Supposedly you want to hold off on doing the Brawl since if you wait until after the patch loads, it'll give a Phoenix pack.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Plaguelands or something makes way more sense with the teaser, and the 3rd is all but guaranteed to be Alterac.

Isn't there supposed to be an un-nerf patch today for a few days of sweet sweet Galakrond Shaman madness?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Plaguelands or something makes way more sense with the teaser, and the 3rd is all but guaranteed to be Alterac.

Isn't there supposed to be an un-nerf patch today for a few days of sweet sweet Galakrond Shaman madness?

yes, today marks the start of the annual Pre-Rotation Crazy Temporary Meta

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Acerbatus posted:

Could be an alternate history thing set in Lorderan, like what they did with Scholomance

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Patch dropped, one thing I didn't expect is that they added your arena wins to your ranked wins count, so I got a few extra portraits all at once :toot:

e: also make sure to login today to get a free golden classic pack.

e2: holy gently caress im getting a million golden cards for win count achievements, including 15 golden legendaries :popeye: what the gently caress

5000 wins for the gold legendaries, 2500 for golden epics, 1000 for golden rares, 500 for golden commons

e3: the cards aren't showing up in my collection so i don't know what this is about

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 25, 2021

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

I was also pretty surprised by the retroactive arena wins added to hero progress. Shame that it looks like they didn't record the number of wins on runs for the achievements though. The update gave me about 600 extra achievement points.

Just wrecked a mage with face hunter in classic mode. I can't see myself playing this much, but hey, whatever.

edit: also a new song in the journal menu. I like the calm mood of it vs the main menu song.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Oh wow, got all 3 of my remaining golden classes, plus rogue and mage 1k portraits. Well.

sirtommygunn posted:

e3: the cards aren't showing up in my collection so i don't know what this is about

They should be core cards, which aren't available until Barrens release.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Quotey posted:

Oh wow, got all 3 of my remaining golden classes, plus rogue and mage 1k portraits. Well.

They should be core cards, which aren't available until Barrens release.

Oh wow im stupid then, forgot about that lol.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Sylvanis is also in the shop for cash or gold right now

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably gonna regret crafting dragons pack again (too bad faceless didn't get un-nerfed) but Galakrond is back! For a bit! :woop:

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

last time there were nerfs on a card i had saved, i completely forgot

NO MORE

e: only 10 copies

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Lister posted:

Sylvanis is also in the shop for cash or gold right now

I just loaded up to grab this, and I didn't find her in the store. I then looked at my available heroes for Hunter, and I have her unlocked through some way that I don't recall. Don't recall ever paying money for any heroes, but whatever. Finally changed up my Hunter hero!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
You get extra copies of Captains Parrot and Old Murk Eye if you have already triggered that achievement. I bet they fix that soon so disenchant the extra copies now imo

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I went from no 1k win heroes to all of them except for DH :eyepop:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Could be an alternate history thing set in Lorderan, like what they did with Scholomance

This would be silly as the Warlock merc is Forsaken and explicitly a member of the Horde

e: though they could do Southshore/Hillsbrad as a further escalation leading into Alterac Valley without forcing a pre-blight timeline where it wouldn't work

Firebert fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 25, 2021

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Flayer posted:

You get extra copies of Captains Parrot and Old Murk Eye if you have already triggered that achievement. I bet they fix that soon so disenchant the extra copies now imo

Ah well that explains what the 2 legendaries I had to auto DE were! I was confused there until I read that. I even saw that I got those achievements and didn't register it in my head.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Flayer posted:

Watch, they'll "fix" it by removing one copy of OME and two of the Parrot so anyone doing this will have to re-purchase them for full dust cost.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Search filters in the collection are bugging out. Filtering for "Missing" does not account for golden cards.

So don't freak out when you get a lot of "Missing" cards in your collection and more importantly, don't craft the regular versions when you most likely have golden copies that simply are not displayed.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

The best change by far is that non-eligible decks are grayed out.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
There's a new achievement for being killed by Annoy-o-tron that grants 1 exp, seemingly designed to trigger people's OCD.

I love it!

You can get your exp back to a nice round number by completing the reverse achievement for 9 exp points :ssh:

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
Is the update not out on iOS yet? I don’t have anything for it

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

So you get the 2nd duels passive at 3 games now, which makes the mode worse. Unless you were always going 2-3 or worse, which I suppose is the point.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Pretty sure I'm being an idiot but I can't find a way to switch between casual and ranked, anyone know? New ui is a bit busy

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Is the update not out on iOS yet? I don’t have anything for it

It's not. They'll take you to the update page when it is.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

adamarama posted:

Pretty sure I'm being an idiot but I can't find a way to switch between casual and ranked, anyone know? New ui is a bit busy

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

adamarama posted:

Casual is now completely separate from the standard/wild split, when you go to switch between standard/wild/classic it will be the 4th option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

sirtommygunn posted:

Casual is now completely separate from the standard/wild split, when you go to switch between standard/wild/classic it will be the 4th option.

So does that mean that Casual uses Wild decks? Or did it always?