Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This has got to be close to the dream scaling board. Every turn +54/+54 spread to across all minions and temporary +16 attack to everything on top of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Has anyone done the maths on the decks for sale of you have all / most of the cards already? ie whether it's worth it for a single legendary plus the dust?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

GTO posted:

Has anyone done the maths on the decks for sale of you have all / most of the cards already? ie whether it's worth it for a single legendary plus the dust?
You can math it out in various ways but most straightforwardly if you don't have 2 of the Legendaries it's "worth" it in a vacuum compared to the cost of a pre-order. If you don't have 3 Legendaries and 4 Epics then it's great, in that comparison.

It's worth it for 1 new Legendary compared to the standard cost of packs without any kind of discount.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Actually looking at all the decks again it's a bit more complex than that. I thought every deck was 3 Legendaries (plus core or free ones like Mankrik) and 4 Epics but it seems like some have extra or different variations. If you're just doing it for the dust worth working out which deck gives the most.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Ran across my first Priest deck out in the wilds of ranked silver 3. Haha wow yeah that deck's nonsense. I'm assuming it was either someone getting their rank back up or just bought the deck and we're taking it for a spin but I'm not convinced that pulling cards out of thin air endlessly until you find the perfect solution is a deck you can't really build to fight or react around. Just gotta roll with the punches I suppose.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Flayer posted:

You can math it out in various ways but most straightforwardly if you don't have 2 of the Legendaries it's "worth" it in a vacuum compared to the cost of a pre-order. If you don't have 3 Legendaries and 4 Epics then it's great, in that comparison.

It's worth it for 1 new Legendary compared to the standard cost of packs without any kind of discount.

I just had a look through each of them, the demon hunter one would give me 3 of the 8 remaining legendaries from Barrens which seems quite reasonable. Several of them would give just duplicates, feels like the whole thing could do with some refinement so you don't have to manually work out the value for each deck yourself!

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

GTO posted:

Legendaries are 1 in 20 and epics are 1 in 10 and packs are usually not on sale for better than $1/pack, so $20 for 1 legendary & 2 epics is the break even point.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Epics are 1 in 5 packs - the pity timer for an epic is 10 packs.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
just played a Quilboar game with Mukla in my lobby and I don't think I've ever had to worry about hand limit in BGs before

also Mr Bigglesworth is incredible if you can survive because every kill is basically guaranteed to give you a huge Quilboar

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
First few BG have felt weird. I started playing last season or so and really enjoyed the tempo meta, this feels more like highroll into a snowball or die on turn 8 to someone who did

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
RANDOM ACT OF GOONEROSITY #3:

I am DesertBus#1367 and the first Goon to add me or message me gets 15 packs or one precon deck of your choice. If you are a new friend it takes 3 days before I can buy it for you, fair warning. This offer goes remarkably fast so good luck!

Edit: claimed by acerbatus!

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 20:47 on May 5, 2021

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
good luck with the packs

finally got a legendary from scholo after nearing the pity timer and it was god dang alabaster ho yeah

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

cool game, probably done with this mode for now because 'rush all the piggies' is not fun or interesting

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Godamnit Bomb Warrior in Duels, gently caress off.

I was playing as Infinite Arcane Mage in Duels, so Bomb warrior should be easy right? Just play Infinite Arcane and watch all those bombs instantly disappear!

Played 3 Bomb Warriors. First two games, never drew Infinite Arcane. Third game, hooray, I draw and play it! Fucker plays a godamn Coldlight Oracle to force me to draw bombs for lethal.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Is anyone finding Rush Warrior to be the terror it was supposed to be? I just got up to Diamond last night and I don't think I met a single one on the climb. Lots of Mages, Hunters, Priests and Warlocks though.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

victorious posted:

Is anyone finding Rush Warrior to be the terror it was supposed to be? I just got up to Diamond last night and I don't think I met a single one on the climb. Lots of Mages, Hunters, Priests and Warlocks though.

Development of the deck stagnated.

Paladins started running Nerubian Egg, making the once-unfavored Warrior matchup even to slightly favored.

And Priest is now playing with Flesh Giant builds, improving their matchups and player count wile maintaining as a heavy favorite vs Warrior. This also is causing more to play Warlock, which is also favored vs Warrior.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Huh, glad I didn't craft anything for it then. I was having great success with Secret Rogue, it has a great curve with Mankrik into Kazakus into golem into Jandice and if you don't pull that off the rest of the deck is such a toolbox it feels like it can do almost anything. Not much fun against Hunter though.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
Speaking about Flesh Giant priest, does anybody have a good list for it? What's the gameplan for this deck? Typical priest shenanigans of discovering infinite value?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

kaaj posted:

Speaking about Flesh Giant priest, does anybody have a good list for it? What's the gameplan for this deck? Typical priest shenanigans of discovering infinite value?

Any that aren't running Sethiks or Serena. Example:

### Heal Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Condemn (Rank 1)
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Devouring Plague
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 1x (3) Mindrender Illucia
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 1x (6) Lightshower Elemental
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 2x (8) Flesh Giant
# 1x (9) Ysera the Dreamer
#
AAECAa0GCMi+A5XNA/vRA/voA5rrA9TtA7SKBMGfBAuTugOvugPezAPXzgPB0QP+0QPi3gP44wOW6AOb6wOe6wMA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/KMUnGnKwf0MPYHsomNGMPc/

It's actually way more of a board control/tempo deck now. Onyx Magescribe and the 2nd Lightshower are also playable.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I know what it says about me as a person, but I love playing Poison Rogue and punishing all those decks out there with no healing, taunts, or weapon destruction. Just wrecked a Rush Warrior on ladder and s/he never had a chance. Imagine playing out an 11/13 troublemaker on 8 and conceding.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Hunter got me down to 1 health. Then I Alexed, Shadowstepped to heal. Then next turn I Alexed, Tenwu'd, Shadowstepped, to which my opponent conceded.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Regarding Battle-ready decks: NoHandsGamer made a video covering all of them, including advice on how to get dust value in addition to how strong the cards in the lists. In general, he mentions 2400 dust as the breakpoint: if you want a deck AND it would cost you over 2400 dust to make it, consider instead buying the deck.

Summary at the end: https://youtu.be/rtH5QQ0Dkro?t=1373

Trump also rated the decks, including suggestions on how to adjust the decks to make them playable for a legend climb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8arUktp4uKI

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So uh, nothing really beats secret paladin still I take it?

AnacondaHL posted:

Regarding Battle-ready decks: NoHandsGamer made a video covering all of them, including advice on how to get dust value in addition to how strong the cards in the lists. In general, he mentions 2400 dust as the breakpoint: if you want a deck AND it would cost you over 2400 dust to make it, consider instead buying the deck.

Trump also rated the decks, including suggestions on how to adjust the decks to make them playable for a legend climb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8arUktp4uKI

Wait, Trump is european?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 6, 2021

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
It probably got released in EU earlier so he could make the video or it's one of his F2P alt accoints

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

NorgLyle posted:

My next pack is likely to push me over 50k dust. The only cards from Standard that I'm currently missing are Keywarden Ivory, Sayge Seer of Darkmoon, and Dark Inquisitor Xanesh (so... all largely terrible things). Is it actually time to go back and try to fill in some missing Wild spots? It feels like there's probably something degenerate to do with Hemet Jungle Hunter and I never recrafted Raza the Chained after the nerf. I've always wanted to screw around pointlessly with Noggenfogger and I never owned Aviana. Are there any really fun Wild decks that require obscure legendaries?

Thanks, random Tavern Brawl pack.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

RANDOM ACT OF GOONEROSITY #3:

I am DesertBus#1367 and the first Goon to add me or message me gets 15 packs or one precon deck of your choice. If you are a new friend it takes 3 days before I can buy it for you, fair warning. This offer goes remarkably fast so good luck!

Edit: claimed by acerbatus!

drat i keep missing these! but kudos to you for doing these... it's 2021 and some real goonerosity still going on.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Reporting from battlegrounds to say that early-mid game Voljin is broken as gently caress when your 1/1 kitty cats turn into 2/4s and 3/3s for free and you can flip a turn 4 Tidecaller straight from the tavern into a 7/4 (or more!) with two buys and a swap. This meta is kinda busted so far

Not That Into You
Oct 29, 2007

They seem to have fixed the rewards track progression hero portrait bug.

Also did they patch out the evocation + secret passage interaction where the cards would end up staying in your hand after the turn? I just tried it and lost all the evo cards after my original hand was returned.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

If you ever wanna give yourself anxiety, try playing APM quilboar-pirates. Prolly could've gotten 1st if I weren't terrible

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did Battle.net just go down for anyone else?

EDIT: Looks like it was just me.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 6, 2021

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Played as N'Zoth today and got like 4th but he's the worst hero they've ever made, right?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if Blackthorn will be available for non-Quilboar matches. He doesn't strictly need them to get value out of his hero power but they help a lot.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
So....

Quillboars, specifically Aggem Thorncurse, and a single Cave Hydra...

I mean, killing all 7 people in 7 turns was fun and all, but also... uhm... yeah.

(I moved all the Bloodstones onto it, and nobody got wise quick enough to poison me out.)

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

Played as N'Zoth today and got like 4th but he's the worst hero they've ever made, right?

Surely not as bad as the female Lich Hero. Nearly every other hero gets either a way to get cheap/free units, cheap/free upgrades or buffed units but she has to pay 2 life for a worse, albeit more flexible equivalent. It's brutal.

I swear, you use that HP 3 times at the start to try and get a ramp advantage and lose 3 rounds at the same time due to the fact you're buying lovely vanilla units and it's practically game over.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Seems like she’d be way harder to play now. Previously you could hp for coins while hitting tempo as hard as you could so you could get tiers/triples to pivot well. Quillboars are so stupid fast that you’re gonna be crippled before you’re even close tho

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

Wasn't there a hero early on that was literally "1 gold - get 1 coin"?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Ahem. gently caress Priest.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

AnacondaHL posted:

That's annoying, I'd get 3 new Legendaries and 1 new Epic from the DH deck, which seems like a great deal, but the Legendaries all seem trash tier so probably not really worth it :saddowns:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Strawberry Panda posted:

I do think N'Zoth sucks, but there have for sure been worse ones (Gallywix as mentioned above, I would say the original Finley was second worst).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Flayer posted:

That's annoying, I'd get 3 new Legendaries and 1 new Epic from the DH deck, which seems like a great deal, but the Legendaries all seem trash tier so probably not really worth it :saddowns:

Yeah I'm in the same position. It does mean any future legendaries you draw from packs will be from the remaining good pool I guess? Dunno if I'm just trying to talk myself into it!