Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I don't really want it to happen but Quillboars might need an adjustment. This wasn't even that strong of a board but both the 2nd and 3rd place people conceded immediately after playing one round against me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Regalingualius posted:

What do you all figure is going to be buffed? Caravans, maybe?

Stat buffs on DH Deathrattle minions, Mage minions, Tavish and related Hunter beasts, and Shaman Elementals.

Buffs are harder to predict because of how open-ended the solutions can be, especially since the designers know what the incoming mini-set has and have to buff with that perspective.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Darkmoon Races miniset is leaving the store tomorrow. It's an extremely good deal for the gold if you haven't gotten it yet.

https://outof.cards/hearthstone/3113-is-hearthstones-darkmoon-faire-races-mini-set-worth-buying-last-chance-to-buy

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I could see them giving +1 attack to all of the caravans to make them vanilla stats at least and then some random buffs to shaman, zoolock, midrange hunter. Zoo in particular has huge gaps in its discard and deathrattle packages that can't be fixed with buffs, though. Hopefully the miniset is coming shortly.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I wonder if they will do any buffs for the Warrior Frenzy deck, since outside of Samuro and sometimes the Stonemaul Anchorman, frenzy isn't really seen in Warrior despite it being the one with the most frenzy cards/support. Probably gonna need new minions to make it good though, so I guess it'll more for the miniset.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Firebert posted:

I could see them giving +1 attack to all of the caravans to make them vanilla stats at least and then some random buffs to shaman, zoolock, midrange hunter. Zoo in particular has huge gaps in its discard and deathrattle packages that can't be fixed with buffs, though. Hopefully the miniset is coming shortly.
Last time they did a buff patch they buffed two cards from every class, so if they're buffing 10 cards this time they're probably buffing one card from every class.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Looks like there will be Twitch drops on the 12th:
https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com...thstone-stream/

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Lol yeah, I'm gonna watch a bunch of hearthstone pros force quillboars or quillboar menagerie for 4 hours.

e: oh, apparently the twitch drops work if you're watching any hearthstone stream, thats cool.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
ZooLock? ZooLock!

### zoolock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Darkglare
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Blood Shard Bristleback
# 2x (3) Kabal Outfitter
# 2x (3) Man'ari Mosher
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 1x (5) Envoy Rustwix
# 1x (5) Neeru Fireblade
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
# 2x (8) Flesh Giant
#
AAECAa35AwTWuQP24wPz7QPn8AMNtbkDtrkDy7kDlc0Dm80D184DwdEDzNIDk94Dk+QD7+0D8O0DhKAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: this deck FUCKS. considering pulling out all the late-game stuff but lolol

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 9, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gobbeldygook posted:

Last time they did a buff patch they buffed two cards from every class, so if they're buffing 10 cards this time they're probably buffing one card from every class.

I can't imagine them buffing as many cards for paladin as they do shaman, lol.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Firebert posted:

I’d think that what the caravans need is 1 extra health, to make it easier for them to survive the turn. But that makes them too sticky, same as watchtowers.

kaaj fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 9, 2021

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Gobbeldygook posted:

Last time they buffed cards, two of them had to be re-nerfed pretty much immediately so I’m not expecting grand things here.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

fanny packrat posted:

Looks like there will be Twitch drops on the 12th:
https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com...thstone-stream/

Hmmm, every group image has a particular layout and two male and two female players except the last one.

:thunk:

Let's see how long it will take for this little detail to blow up in Blizzard's face and cause yet another PR nightmare whoopsiedoodle.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 9, 2021

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

mcbexx posted:

Hmmm, every group image has a particular layout and two male and two female players except the last one.

Let's see how long it will take for this little detail to blow up in Blizzard's face and cause yet another PR nightmare whoopsiedoodle.

If you have 50% woman representation, you either have the same number of women and men in each bracket (good) or you have brackets which are mostly men, and brackets which are mostly women (less good)

Good on Blizzard for having more than 50% women in the event

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Devor posted:

If you have 50% woman representation, you either have the same number of women and men in each bracket (good) or you have brackets which are mostly men, and brackets which are mostly women (less good)

Good on Blizzard for having more than 50% women in the event
If you're being pigheaded yes but putting Luna in the one group with 3 women is weird. Put Luna in one of the groups with 2 males and 2 females, don't make her group be the exception.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

mcbexx posted:

Briarback team is stacked anyways, both with the best overall players and the biggest personalities/streamers.

Not that it matters much anyways in the current Quillboar-or-bust meta.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AnacondaHL posted:

Briarback team is stacked anyways, both with the best overall players and the biggest personalities/streamers.

Not that it matters much anyways in the current Quillboar-or-bust meta.

I would take Victor/Hapa over Collins/Alyssa by a slim margin and I think RDU/Sjow is a push. The other 2 teams are way behind, though.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I heard you guys like bloodgem super high APM Quillboars, but can I introduce you to your lord and savior, 0APM sit back and do nothing quillboars?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
well thank god blizz is finally removing barrens blacksmith from bgs... finally good balance will be achieved!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

NorgLyle posted:

I don't really want it to happen but Quillboars might need an adjustment. This wasn't even that strong of a board but both the 2nd and 3rd place people conceded immediately after playing one round against me.

Does that screen just not show Aranna's transformation or did you get that board without even rerolling the tavern 5 times?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flayer posted:

If you're being pigheaded yes but putting Luna in the one group with 3 women is weird. Put Luna in one of the groups with 2 males and 2 females, don't make her group be the exception.

Maybe i'm out of the loop but I fail to understand what making her group 3 women and 1 man changes vs some other group being 3 women and 1 man.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Transphobia.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amoeba102 posted:

Transphobia.

Ah yeah, if that's a common knowledge thing that sucks.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

[Wild] vS Data Reaper Report #27
https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/wild-vs-data-reaper-report-27/

quote:

We finalize with the most surprising result of the report, which will likely come at odds with current perception. APM Mage is one of the two most popular decks in the format, yet the power level of the deck isn’t looking too great. A polarized matchup spread in combination with the widespread use of strong disruption tools has seen APM Mage’s win rate dip drastically from when it initially burst onto the wild scene. Its oppressive matchup against Secret Mage is simply far too devastating for it to display a consistently strong ladder performance.

:laffo:

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Acerbatus posted:

Maybe i'm out of the loop but I fail to understand what making her group 3 women and 1 man changes vs some other group being 3 women and 1 man.

If they put Luna in another bracket where it was with one other woman it would show that Blizz is recognizing Luna as a woman. By putting her in a bracket with two other women it can be interpreted that they're treating Luna as a male competitor.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

RatHat posted:

Does that screen just not show Aranna's transformation or did you get that board without even rerolling the tavern 5 times?
I don't think the Full Stats screen shows her transformed; I did reroll enough times to get her upgrade (I hope obviously though having seen some of the extreme high rolls in the past few days I wouldn't completely be sure).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Last King posted:

well thank god blizz is finally removing barrens blacksmith from bgs... finally good balance will be achieved!

Blacksmith is really swingy though and blood gems can kind of make it worse. It was kind of a god roll but I went Sun Bacon->upgrade->Toki hero power the other day in a game and had a 4/6 Blacksmith on turn 2 and just rolled poo poo from there. It's also a nasty early Reno hero power target in my experience

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

Lol

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Charlga aka Charles in Charge aka a better Lightfang

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Beasteh posted:

Charlga aka Charles in Charge aka a better Lightfang

It’s kinda hilarious when you see mama bear/bran/lightfang/kalec in the shop now and just ignore them cause they aren’t quillboars

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Well, made legend this month now exclusively playing Kiblers deck destruction Warlock deck. Only change I made to the deck was slotting in an ooze in place of free admission. Not sure if thats truly better or not, but the ooze helps a lot against paladin, helps moderately against warrior and control lock and allows you to not get blown out by the occasional weapon rogue. Its also 2 mana so easy to just dump out of hand whenever. I found the free admission was rarely being played and often clogging up my hand.

Had a just over 60% win rate from D5 to Legend. Was sitting at about 70% until I hit D1 and the grind from D1 to legend was pretty hard. Deck is super fun though and I really recommend it if you like piloting a deck that requires frequent and impactful decision making.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

NorgLyle posted:

Ever since they started the weekly quests, I've been running Odd Paladin up to Platinum-something over the course of each month, five games at a time, because I have no soul.
I'm very happy that APM Mage is apparently 'out' in Wild after being 'in' for like two weeks because it was making my weekly quests take longer. Welcome back, Secret Mage.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Awhile back someone here posted a Silver Hand Paladin deck called "Pure Dudes" and I had a lot of fun with it, but I deleted it at some point when I needed the space for a new deck. This is my attempt to recreate it and tbh it's not as fun as the one I had, so please tell me what I am missing or what would be good or fun thanks:

### Pure Dudes x2
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Lost in the Jungle
# 2x (2) Air Raid
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Pursuit of Justice
# 2x (3) Carnival Barker
# 2x (3) Day at the Faire
# 2x (3) Divine Favor
# 2x (3) Muster for Battle
# 2x (4) Balloon Merchant
# 2x (4) Lightforged Zealot
# 2x (4) Lightfused Stegodon
# 1x (5) Lothraxion the Redeemed
# 2x (5) Quartermaster
# 2x (6) Crystal Lion
# 1x (8) High Exarch Yrel
#
AAEBAZmrBAKH3gOI3gMOpwXsD+0PuMcC2ccCieYCnK4DlrYDysEDns0Dgt4DhN4Dot4DrooEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Desert Bus posted:

ZooLock? ZooLock!

### zoolock
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Darkglare
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Blood Shard Bristleback
# 2x (3) Kabal Outfitter
# 2x (3) Man'ari Mosher
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 1x (5) Envoy Rustwix
# 1x (5) Neeru Fireblade
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
# 2x (8) Flesh Giant
#
AAECAa35AwTWuQP24wPz7QPn8AMNtbkDtrkDy7kDlc0Dm80D184DwdEDzNIDk94Dk+QD7+0D8O0DhKAEAA==
#

Edit: this deck FUCKS. considering pulling out all the late-game stuff but lolol

Having some good success with this deck

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

I got WRECKED by it and added the guy to tell him gg and ask for the list and then because HS chat sucks and doesn't allow copying and pasting like holy poo poo wtf I had to screenshot that poo poo and then translate all of it from Portuguese to English and also learn some basic Portuguese because it's polite as gently caress. I then swapped Vectus out and stuffed in Mankrik because I love me some multiple Mankriks. And then I completely forgot about it because I did this all while drunk.

I do feel like this could be a lot better with some tweaking, and I appreciate you reminding me I did this because it is fun as gently caress.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Desert Bus posted:

I got WRECKED by it and added the guy to tell him gg and ask for the list and then because HS chat sucks and doesn't allow copying and pasting like holy poo poo wtf I had to screenshot that poo poo and then translate all of it from Portuguese to English and also learn some basic Portuguese because it's polite as gently caress. I then swapped Vectus out and stuffed in Mankrik because I love me some multiple Mankriks. And then I completely forgot about it because I did this all while drunk.

I do feel like this could be a lot better with some tweaking, and I appreciate you reminding me I did this because it is fun as gently caress.

tip: if you need to get codes from friends in client:
1) have them send only the code because otherwise it will get cut off by the message limit and
2) use the battle.net interface and open the specific chat window with that friend, so that you can highlight the code for copy/paste.

edit: VVV :shobon:

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 20:01 on May 10, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

tip: if you need to get codes from friends in client:
1) have them send only the code because otherwise it will get cut off by the message limit and
2) use the battle.net interface and open the specific chat window with that friend, so that you can highlight the code for copy/paste.

I always forget that the battle.net chat interface exists I just auto-close it after I hit play. I am sometimes bad at life. At least I learned some Portuguese so I'll call it a win.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Piggy Smalls posted:

How often does the Neeru actually get played? I like the look of it but I’m thinking of fitting in brittlebone destroyers and maybe a soul shear or two

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

How often does the Neeru actually get played? I like the look of it but I’m thinking of fitting in brittlebone destroyers and maybe a soul shear or two

Almost never and I cut it for a Soul Shear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s rare to use it and in 10 games didn’t play it once