Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AnacondaHL posted:

:psyduck: I'm actually stunned by this. Something has gone awry. Not only is the BG invitational tournament tomorrow, but this is just past the deadline for GM decklist submission. Something has to give, either they told GMs beforehand of the changes, or this patch will only be BGs, but then the changes drop during the tournament... :psyduck:

I have to assume they won’t be using the new patch for the tournament because lol

Though the players having to adjust to the changes without practice could be neat. Or they drop the patch in the middle of the tourney.

Vvv I misread it

RatHat fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

RatHat posted:

The notes being out tomorrow doesn’t mean the patch will be.

What does "PATCH AND patch notes are coming tomorrow mean" where you come from?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The HS team has been putting out good content in the past year, but it's pretty damning how poorly playtested everything seem to be. From new bugs on top of longstanding ones and awful balancing, it just seems like there's terrible management going on. Them not being able to reveal changes they announced a week ago, days before major events is just part of an ongoing trend. Like, is the game not enough of a moneyprinter that they can budget in some QA?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I don't understand what thing/aspect of the tweet is being complained about by the person that I quoted

poor management of timing regarding the patch and this tournament, as I understood it - that sort of thing has become commonplace in blizzard products. now, if you're questioning the level of vitriol rather than its source, I might've been a little less angry, idk. but I'll double down on the claim that blizzard has been, on the balance, making GBS threads the bed for the past several years

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I mean, obviously they have. WoW is whatever, overwatch might as well be dead, SC2 has been abandoned, HotS is literally dead, sc remastered was forgotten in a week, and reforged was the worst disaster of all. HS is actually developed more or less as if it were owned by a responsible company with more new content released than any direct competitor (and equivalently more mistakes). Like out of the total mess that was the auto chess debacle somehow they came out with one that's actually somewhat successful.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

gandlethorpe posted:

Like, is the game not enough of a moneyprinter that they can budget in some QA?

If you do that you don’t get to keep as much as of the money

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

DeadButDelicious posted:

Same I bought him because I love WoW Dadgar - is the same VA? At this rate I'm just happy not to put up with Jaina. Now if they can release Madame Lazul so I can swap out Tyrande that'd be great!

They haven’t relisted any of the heroes that only come from expansion preorders yet, just ones from one-off promos.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's hilarious how much poo poo the dev team still gets when the game and communication is better than it ever was under Ben Brode. Literally have multiple game modes now, a free core set, frequent balance patches, cosmetics purchasable with gold, etc.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
When you work at a company that does a lot of dev work, you can only work with the resources you're given. If Blizz cuts QA and playtesting budgets but still needs you to meet your release schedule and hit your revenue goals, there's going to be a lot of poo poo that falls through the cracks. Them not having access to the localization team for their patch notes because that team is probably behind on some of the work they're working on makes sense to me.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Firebert posted:

It's hilarious how much poo poo the dev team still gets when the game and communication is better than it ever was under Ben Brode. Literally have multiple game modes now, a free core set, frequent balance patches, cosmetics purchasable with gold, etc.

Well they upped the responsibilities too, with GMs and these big prize pool invitationals, so of course if they mess it up they will get more poo poo.

And a big part of why were are in this situation today is because of the lack of communication all through yesterday about the patch. It's like they reverted to those Brode days.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I think it would be good for the company to have a consistent and reliable e-sports scene, both for the viewers and for any players who are stupid enough to commit to a game like this. Especially when they gently caress up a transition like this in which most people feel miserable after facing 10x Paladin or spell Mage.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Firebert posted:

It's hilarious how much poo poo the dev team still gets when the game and communication is better than it ever was under Ben Brode.

Every so often I think back to "we're still gathering data on Spirit Claws/the playerbase just hasn't experimented with Priest enough" and think, yeah, the dev team has gotten better.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Every so often I think back to "we're still gathering data on Spirit Claws/the playerbase just hasn't experimented with Priest enough" and think, yeah, the dev team has gotten better.

The weird stance on limited deck slots was the biggest :psyduck: moment for me. Like that had another page of decks for basic stuff so I never thought it was actually development limited. And they always had the ability to limit deck building to certain milestone. Seriously what was up with that?

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
At least with Quillboars being broken it gave me the opportunity to get a win with SkycappnKrag and Hooktusk for the achievement.

Still trying to sneak a win with Bigglesworth (I know it should be easy but I've failed on the two occasions I was offered him) and Lich Queen before the nerfs come

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Diamond 10-5 is why otherwise sane people play Priest???

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm trying the zoolock someone posted a few pages ago and oh my lord this deck already feels MUCH better with two Brittlebone Destroyers. I took out Neeru and a Blood Shard Bristleback to put them in.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm trying the zoolock someone posted a few pages ago and oh my lord this deck already feels MUCH better with two Brittlebone Destroyers. I took out Neeru and a Blood Shard Bristleback to put them in.

Might try that. I got a Neeru today so put him in but he just kind of sits in my hand.

I also really suck with the deck. What's the strategy?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Might try that. I got a Neeru today so put him in but he just kind of sits in my hand.

I also really suck with the deck. What's the strategy?

Someone better than me (so literally anyone here) will have a better strategy but I think it's just overwhelming the opponent through hero power, card draw, and board control. The Spirit Jailers are good because four Soul Shards is just about right for healing from draws, plus the Man'ari Moshers giving +3 attack and lifesteal to a minion for one turn can be a nice swing turn. And now that I've got those two Brittlebones in there, it's "destroy a minion for 6 mana plus a 3/3 body and draw a card" twice a game.

I haven't played warlock in a good long while, I'm looking forward to trying this one out.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I quit during Descent of Dragons and came back got Barrens for...reasons? So i missed the original demon hunter stuff and just sorta stumbled on the otk deck tuned with new cards. It does pretty ok. I’m still in the upper golds, but it is sooooo satisfying killing emote spammers (rage invites are just :discourse::)

The only decks that really give me a problem are high-rolling spell mages and god-draw Pallies. Rush warriors can’t do a thing, priests gently caress around all day while you draw your combo, everything else is solitaire with the occasional removal.

### otk
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Double Jump
# 2x (1) Ethereal Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Felosophy
# 2x (1) Felscream Blast
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Immolation Aura
# 2x (2) Mo'arg Artificer
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Talented Arcanist
# 1x (3) Acrobatics
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 1x (4) Il'gynoth
# 1x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAaarBATQ3QPZ3gPUnwSXoAQN4L4D6b4D2cYD1tEDztID3dMDx90D8+MDlegDg58Etp8EtKAE7KAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Doji Sekushi posted:

I quit during Descent of Dragons and came back got Barrens for...reasons? So i missed the original demon hunter stuff and just sorta stumbled on the otk deck tuned with new cards. It does pretty ok. I’m still in the upper golds, but it is sooooo satisfying killing emote spammers (rage invites are just :discourse::)

The only decks that really give me a problem are high-rolling spell mages and god-draw Pallies. Rush warriors can’t do a thing, priests gently caress around all day while you draw your combo, everything else is solitaire with the occasional removal.

### otk
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Double Jump
# 2x (1) Ethereal Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Felosophy
# 2x (1) Felscream Blast
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Immolation Aura
# 2x (2) Mo'arg Artificer
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Talented Arcanist
# 1x (3) Acrobatics
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 1x (4) Il'gynoth
# 1x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAaarBATQ3QPZ3gPUnwSXoAQN4L4D6b4D2cYD1tEDztID3dMDx90D8+MDlegDg58Etp8EtKAE7KAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

For the dumb ones in the thread: what's the otk here?
Ilygnoth, double artificer, felscream blast?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

L0cke17 posted:

Could do it with eye beams and the warblades - any lifesteal damage hits your opponent so if you buff your weapon enough it hits them twice.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I like playing Battlegrounds. Quillboars are too strong. I use Quillboars constantly.

(happy birthday Shwqa)

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

L0cke17 posted:

Here's a cheat sheet for Felscream/eyebeam damage conditioned on how much spell damage and how many Mo'args you have.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
That's quite handy, thanks. Will give it a spin again now that Kurtrus has made DH not so insufferable for me.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Bogart posted:

I like playing Battlegrounds. Quillboars are too strong. I use Quillboars constantly.

(happy birthday Shwqa)

I just hope that they try to tweak other tribes instead of nerfing Quillboars too hard. They're really fun to play, and they're the first tribe (elementals to a lesser degree maybe) where there's a bunch of different ways you can approach them rather than being dependent on how close you get to a specific ideal build. Most of the existing tribes have one key scaling unit, so their builds end up very samey (and also more highrolly in a way since they're almost completely dependent on finding Kalegos or Goldrinn or whatever).

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

That was me and thank you for working on it! Brittlebones make sense and Neeru was always a dead card in my hand. I haven't really played with it much, I was hoping other people would work on it while I did other things.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm excited for the mystery patch to hit.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Bogart posted:

(happy birthday Shwqa)

You remembered :unsmith:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Drafted a gross druid

Not pictured: 1x stormwind champ, 2x forest aids, 1x ysera, 1x scrapyard colossus(drawn once, never played)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I have not played this version at all but I about to toss it at Diamond 9, let's roll the dice, I'll get back to y'all in 5-10 games:

### NewLock
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Flame Imp
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Darkglare
# 1x (2) Kanrethad Ebonlocke
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Blood Shard Bristleback
# 1x (3) Kabal Outfitter
# 2x (3) Man'ari Mosher
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (4) Brittlebone Destroyer
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 1x (5) Envoy Rustwix
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
# 2x (8) Flesh Giant
#
AAECAa35AwTWuQP24wPv7QPn8AMNtbkDtrkDy7kDlc0Dm80D1s4D184DwdEDzNIDk94Dk+QD8O0DhKAEAA==
#

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Patch notes up
Some creative standard nerfs!

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Nerfs and buffs: https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/patch-20-2-2-nerfs-buffs-battlegrounds-changes/

quote:

CONSTRUCTED NERFS
Refreshing Spring Water – Now costs 5 mana (up from 4).
First Day of School – Now costs 1 mana and adds three 1-Cost minions to your hand (up from 0 mana and 2 minions).
Hysteria – Now costs 4 mana (up from 3).
Crabrider – Now has “Battlecry: Gain Windfury this turn only.” (instead of Windfury).
Olgra, Mankrik's Wife (Mankrik) – Now summons a 3/7 minion when drawn (down from 3/10).
CONSTRUCTED BUFFS
Razorboar – Now has 3 attack (up from 2).
Dark Inquisitor Xanesh – Now affects Corrupted cards too (instead of only Corrupt cards).
Unbound Elemental – Now has 3 attack (up from 2).
Tidal Surge – Now costs 3 mana (down from 4).
Lilypad Lurker – Now has 5/6 stats (up from 4/5).
Fiendish Circle – Now costs 3 mana (down from 4).
Deck of Chaos – Now costs 5 mana (down from 6).
Whirling Combatant – Now has 3 attack (up from 2).
Shieldmaiden – Now costs 5 mana (down from 6).
N'Zoth, God of the Deep – Now costs 9 mana (down from 10).
BATTLEGROUNDS CHANGES
Roadboar – Now has 1 attack (down from 2).
Prophet of the Boar – Now has 2 attack (down from 3).
Bannerboar – Now has 1/4 stats (down from 2/5).
Bristleback Brute – Now gains extra +2/+2 from the first Blood Gem each turn (down from +3/+3).
Groundshaker – Only buffs other minions (instead of all minions).
Dynamic Duo – Now has 3/4 stats (down from 5/6).
Bonker – Now 3 attack (down from 4), golden version gives 1 Blood Gem after attacks (down from 2).
Chargla – Now has 4/4 stats (down from 7/7), only buffs other minions (instead of all minions).
Barrnes Blacksmith – Removed from Battlegrounds minion pool.
BUG FIXES & GAME IMPROVEMENTS
Fixed a bug that removed Glaivebound Adept from the game. It will now be back in your collection, safe and where it belongs.
Updated language on Amalgam cards to properly include all Minion Types.
Fixed a bug related to in-game notifications.
Fixed a bug that prevented Battle-Ready Decks from being accessed if Dame Hazelbark was opened first.
Fixed various bugs related to properly displaying pricing on items in the in-game shop.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The nerfs to first day of school and crabrider are better than I thought they would be, they are still viable cards but remove their major pain points. I just assumed that they would kill them both. No nerf to weapon rogue is very surprising.

For the buffs, the change to Lurker is probably the most impactful. Unbound Elemental maybe ok in an aggro deck, might be another good cheap overload card away. N'zoth - idk, not a lot of decks can get great value out of it, the minion variety isn't there right now. Zoo did not get any real help, that's sad. With the hysteria nerf, Warlock looks like dogshit.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 12, 2021

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

drat they completely murdered quillboars

Big push for Elemental Shaman.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
I'm loving astonished they didn't touch Conviction.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

N'zoth being the only Old God that costs 9 feels weird. I kinda would rather they didn't touch it.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I really like the first day... nerf. Gives me extra chances to roll stunner in secret paladin!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

orangelex44 posted:

I'm loving astonished they didn't touch Conviction.

In today's game the card is powerful but fair, and rewards having a good board and is healthy gameplay.

edit: and statistically there is nothing special about the card.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 12, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
holy crap that's a ton of quillboar nerfs. Whatever metric they were evaluating must have been going nuts. I'm surprised roadhog and prophet got hit, those were not what I thought of as exceptional cards.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:22 on May 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I guess they want to see how fair Conviction is when Crabrider doesn't have windfury to double the face damage.