Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

World War Mammories posted:

just enjoy dad legend :v:

I would if I could get there. Lotta people conceding to me now that Hunter is on top again though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is D5 "dad legend"? Or is it actually legend but super high ranks?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Chernabog posted:

I always thought it was Legend but not high-ranking? I only got into this thread recently so maybe i'm missing some SA in-joke.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Chernabog posted:

The former.

Desert Bus posted:

I always thought it was Legend but not high-ranking? I only got into this thread recently so maybe i'm missing some SA in-joke.

The implication is "it just takes an amount of time to get Legend that dads with jobs and family responsibilities don't typically have, so a dad reaching Diamond 5 is equivalent to getting Legend, so 'Dad Legend'".

edit: ah, the term you may be thinking of is "dumpster legend", but this term has a different definition depending on who you ask

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 8, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Oh yeah i'm "Dad Legend" af then lol. Nowhere near Dumpster Legend. I'm a Diamond 5 level player and I will own the gently caress out of that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The reward for legend over D5 is only a pack per month too so D5 is the effort/payoff sweet spot for lower frequency constructed play

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

The reward for legend over D5 is only a pack per month too so D5 is the effort/payoff sweet spot for lower frequency constructed play

Isn't there some special card back too? A thing i 100% don't care about.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

There is, but its a one time thing, and honestly it's ugly anyway.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

There is, but its a one time thing, and honestly it's ugly anyway.

My desire to hit actual Legend decreases...

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Desert Bus posted:

I am like 400 games deep into Face Hunter and while it's not getting me past Diamond 8 at the moment it's a lot more nuanced that I initially thought. Just keep bashing your head into the wall and it'll click eventually. I have beaten two Priests today and that almost never happens with this deck. The mirror match does suck, mulligan for Kolkar.

Edit: Piercing Shot on your own minions wins games

What is your face Hunter list?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

What is your face Hunter list?

I don't know if this is the best or most modern but it works for me and you don't switch horses...

### Face
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (2) Imprisoned Felmaw
# 2x (2) Kolkar Pack Runner
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (4) Knife Vendor
# 2x (4) Piercing Shot
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 2x (5) Trampling Rhino
#
AAECAairBAS04QOP4wPl7wPn8AMNorkD3MwDos4DgtADudIDhuID3OoDn+wD8OwD2+0DqZ8Eqp8Eu6AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Fam I crafted Alignment Druid and it sucks rear end :tipshat:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Boatswain posted:

Fam I crafted Alignment Druid and it sucks rear end :tipshat:

Excellent use of spoilers lol

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

Turn 15. Simply no chance

And Turn 13 the game immediately after (ran out of time before placing correctly):

BGs is insane, yo

Flaming June fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 8, 2021

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

besides being plenty 'efficient,' dad legend is no mean feat in and of itself. that's where I am more months than not :v:

but of course, let me tell you based on personal experience as a dumbass who's gotten legend six or seven times: legend is a function of time spent playing way more than it is of player skill. like, starting from the rank floor going to legend you do have to maintain an overall winrate over 50%, that's true. but it doesn't have to be 60%, it can be 50.0000001% - you just have to play enough games to translate that into fifteen more wins than losses. and the existence of the floor plus hearthstone being so goddamn random means that sooner or later enough bullshit will roll in your favor long enough to get you there... if you just keep playing.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Desert Bus posted:

My desire to hit actual Legend decreases...

The best part about hitting Legend is never having the desire to hit Legend again.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Strawberry Panda posted:

The best part about hitting Legend is never having the desire to hit Legend again.

:yeah:

I only hit it again last month, and that was more by accident than any concerted effort at it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i hit legend back when i used to play before they put in achievements so i'll have to hit it again if i want the imaginary points :(

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Strawberry Panda posted:

This. After D5 I just mess around clearing quests and chasing achievements. Sometimes doing that gets me in striking distance and I'll make a push, most of the time I'm just handing out wins.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ah, i hit wild plat 5 and played literally six soul stealer warlocks in a row. goodbye ladder

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

Yeah FaceHunter is fun but lol at getting it past D5.

AnacondaHL posted:

Also, HS Replay is listing Face Hunter at the top of Tier 1 right now, including Top1k Legend, and the soon-to-be released next vS report is going to reflect the same. Unless you are facing an rear end-ton of Priest and OTK DH, jamming Hunter is all even matchups to insanely favored.

Adregan posted:

Which was different then last month when it was all paladins with a sprinkle of DH and rogues. I haven’t seen what’s in store yet since I just hit diamond 10 this morning. But that DH list that was posted above does some real work.

doesn't matter if i stay face (hunter) or swap over to dh, the d5 cycle continues...

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Last King posted:

doesn't matter if i stay face (hunter) or swap over to dh, the d5 cycle continues...

This has been working for me. Broke through the D5 barrier working through the 50 battlecries weekly and I'm sitting at D3 now.

### lemental hammers
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Wailing Vapor
# 2x (2) Cagematch Custodian
# 2x (2) Menacing Nimbus
# 1x (2) Rockbiter Weapon
# 2x (3) Arid Stormer
# 2x (3) Gyreworm
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (3) Stormstrike
# 2x (3) Whack-A-Gnoll Hammer
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (5) Doomhammer
# 2x (5) Lilypad Lurker
# 1x (6) Fire Elemental
#
AAECAfe5AgaczgP86APn8AOMnwSNnwT+nwQM27gDqN4Dqt4Dq94DjOED4OwD4ewDre4Dr+4D4+4D+Z8E46AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I don’t play Priest often even though I enjoy it because I rarely have time for 20 minute games but after playing this I’m gonna have to make some more time. Just ground a Face Hunter out of answers after healing 40+ life and then smacked him with a psyche split/Apotheosis’d Mutanus. It wasn’t even fair

### War Crimes Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Cabal Acolyte
# 1x (4) Hysteria
# 2x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 2x (5) Against All Odds
# 2x (6) Lightshower Elemental
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
# 1x (9) N'Zoth, God of the Deep
#
AAECAaKrBAbIvgOb2AP44wP76APU7QOm7wMMk7oDr7oD3swDy80D184D49ED/tED4t4DlugDmusD8+4DlO8DAA==
#

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Legend card back is for chumps. I will stay with my heroic League of Explorers forever.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The real motivation to hit legend nowadays is to keep your bonus stars to get back to rank 5 super fast. Or if you get lucky while durdling in legend, the 2x star bonus in D5-1 making infinite legend. This fear of star decay has somehow ended up with me making legend on both standard and wild each month rather than just using wild as somewhere to jam out easy mage wins for quests

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

flatluigi posted:

i hit legend back when i used to play before they put in achievements so i'll have to hit it again if i want the imaginary points :(
You should trigger the getting Legend achievement regardless - my achievement is backdated to July 2014.

There is a separate one that unlocks the free Legendary card though but view that as a bonus.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I'm playing Nerubien Egg with few activators and people keep helpfully popping it for me. Top 2k legend.

e: I'm 7-3 with this weird deck that probably shouldn't function.

### Party Pals
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (2) Wriggling Horror
# 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
# 1x (3) Seedcloud Buckler
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 1x (4) Southsea Scoundrel
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Carousel Gryphon
# 1x (5) High Abbess Alura
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 1x (7) Mutanus the Devourer
# 2x (7) Party Up!
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAaToAgb8uAPD0QOR7AP77AOU7wOm7wMM6rkD7LkDytED/tEDhd4DjeEDyuMDlugD/uwD658EyaAE0aAEAA==
#

I'm gonna drop Mutanus and both Argent Protectors for a pair of Broomsticks and N'zoth.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 9, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
anyone else having trouble with quests/achievements not activating? I've got a returning player quest to play a game of BG but I can't complete it for some reason

and in-game I'm getting achievement popups for getting triples but afterwards they haven't been awarded

e: closing the game and re-opening it solved the problem

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 9, 2021

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
All spells cost health in this week's Brawl. I did Big Paladin, but would also suggest Time Out + Sound The Bells + Charge of your flavor.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Is there an optimized version of a Greybough-centric deck?

I havent looked into netdecks for a long rear end time but I've been evolving this one on my own and I like it:

### gb no ramp
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 1x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Adorable Infestation
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Enchanted Raven
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Mark of the Spikeshell
# 2x (2) Prize Vendor
# 1x (2) Razormane Battleguard
# 1x (3) Enchanted Cauldron
# 2x (3) Ironbeak Owl
# 1x (3) Mor'shan Watch Post
# 1x (3) Overconfident Orc
# 1x (4) Baron Rivendare
# 2x (4) Germination
# 1x (5) Greybough
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
#
AAECAbSKAwrmvgPr0QPw1AOm4QP36AP56AO57AOoigSXoATSoAQK5roDm84DudIDtuEDlugDiu0DkqAElaAEoaAEt6AEAA==
#

So the priorities here are:

1) getting greybough in hand asap
2) cheap sticky minions for him to deathrattle onto
3) spells that make another greybough or spikeshell him
4) stuff that can counter greybough if he gets stolen/copied

I had a version thag included ramping but I didnt feel like it helped the main strategy

I feel like there's maybe a wide-board sub theme you could work in as a plan B when you dont get greybough in hand but I feel like I get him most of the time and you can sacrifice face for time since once you're rolling on the strategy theres not much that can touch your face

Are there any copying/doubling effects im missing out on?

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 9, 2021

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Cut the owls, add two Gibberlings.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

would Plaguemaw the Rotting be helpful? I assume the new tauntless greybough keeps the deathrattle

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

World War Mammories posted:

would Plaguemaw the Rotting be helpful? I assume the new tauntless greybough keeps the deathrattle

It does. Also you're desperately missing some Arbor Up. That card is broken.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Devo posted:

Cut the owls, add two Gibberlings.

drat for real? The owls have saved my rear end against mages and other folks who can steal one GB off me.

Thanks though. I will see if I can craft plague maw and try arbor up. I have noticed that it rocks when it comes up in a discovery but it just becomes kind of unnecessary once the wall of gb's is going anyway. Probably not a bad secondary strategy thing though

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Unless your pocket meta is waaaaaaaaaay different than mine, I would say the owls are totally useless 9 times out of 10. I'd be more worried about Greybough being devolving missiled than stolen.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yeah that always blows. God bless you spikeshell. I'm gonna try swapping them for arbor up and maybe switching around the little minions to be more taunt and wide-board oriented and see what happens now that I have plaguemaw

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
12-4 with this serpentbloom deathrattle hunter. pretty fun, too

### "poison" by alice cooper
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Carrion Studies
# 2x (1) Lock and Load
# 2x (1) Overwhelm
# 2x (1) Resizing Pouch
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (1) Wound Prey
# 2x (2) Kolkar Pack Runner
# 2x (2) Tame Beast (Rank 1)
# 1x (3) Archdruid Naralex
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 1x (3) Zixor, Apex Predator
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (5) Teacher's Pet
# 2x (8) Jewel of N'Zoth
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate
#
AAECAZ/DAwaDuQOd2API7wPl7wPn8AOoigQMnssDks0DudAD+uEDj+QDmuwDn+wD8OwD2+0D5u4DqZ8EuqAEAA==
#

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
The brawl is fun with druid in a "see how fast you can draw through your deck and build an absurdly large board turn 1".

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

enki42 posted:

The brawl is fun with druid in a "see how fast you can draw through your deck and build an absurdly large board turn 1".

I was able to get a turn 1 kill with both druid and DH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oh cool, a "get your quests out of the way quickly so you can get back to BGs" brawl