Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I wanted warlock un'goro quest to be good so badly, this'll do as a replacement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Olpainless posted:

I am prepared for the unnerfing.

### its backkkkk
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Flybooter
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 1x (1) The Caverns Below
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
# 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
#
AAEBAaIHBJG8AobCAs/hAsPhAw3tAp8DiAXjBYgHhgmXwQLVjAO/rgOqywPV1AP31APn3QMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: I've altered this slightly - dropped Patches, both eviscerates, added a toggwaggle's scheme and 2 scalehide. I am prepared.

Mulligan for Raiding party, that will complete Core. Shadowblade might be a swap for Self-sharpening - it's mostly there to cheapen Cutting Class for More Draw. (And I guess removal/extra face)

I have no idea if it's still good but old quest rogue had a good time with vicious scalehide plus zola for an infinitely renewable source of minions, so maybe stick zola in there

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Which was that?

high abbess alura

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

uh holy poo poo

also the core set is given to everyone for free, if you're not familiar with that yet

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Plaguelands or something makes way more sense with the teaser, and the 3rd is all but guaranteed to be Alterac.

Isn't there supposed to be an un-nerf patch today for a few days of sweet sweet Galakrond Shaman madness?

yes, today marks the start of the annual Pre-Rotation Crazy Temporary Meta

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Pardot posted:

The update reset my ranked rewards, it's only showing my classic rank now in the buddy list thing, and thinks I haven't hit rank 5 yet. Hope it gets fixed before the reset.

I think it's just a display bug, this happened to me but it fixed itself

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the otk runs off crabrider, I assume? crabrider drawn by corrupted stage dive > inner rage x2 > charge is 5 mana for a 9/2 with charge/windfury and you dupe it with bloodsworn?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Wait does charge actually give charge again?

yeah https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com...ist-of-unnerfs/

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

fun fact: if a sorcerous substitute absorbs aegwynn's deathrattle, it summons a copy when played

did an arena run, shaman hero power is bugged in there - it can still summon wrath of air

noticed some bug that makes people's card backs in their deck normal but those in their hand look like yours, and something (discovering a card?) causes that card to have the default back. not sure exactly what the triggers are, wasn't paying close attention

opened tamsin roame, but if I want to play control warlock and make people FACE JARAXXUS it looks like I have to craft the whole tickatus and/or soul fragment package, which is a bummer

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm still messing around with Secret Paladin but Taelan Fordring + Murgle feels like they belong in the deck. When you're not drawing the Prime you can also draw the Cannonmaster or Kazakus with it.

I put these in but so far I've been too busy winning off of crossroads gossipers with 10+ attack before they can happen

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

obi_ant posted:

Did Blizzard update their chances of you getting legendary cards? I haven't really played since Whisper of the Old Gods.

the odds are still the same: 1 in every 20 packs on average, 40 packs is the pity timer. but in addition, now you're guaranteed to open a legendary in the first 10 packs you open from a given set. also added since wotog is duplicate protection - open a legendary and you won't open it again, even if you disenchant it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

opened apothecary helbrim. I want to make a fun weapon deck with him but I'm pretty sure he's just lovely. oh well

Fenarisk posted:

Really, really debating crafting Kargal just because watchtower meta seems good but not utterly broken. After disenchantment from the rotation I'm at 24k dust which isn't too bad.

I got all the paladin legendaries and Kazakhstan so I'm pretty happy with my unpacks.

vary naice

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

RatHat posted:

If you get Mankrik's wife in your hand don't bother playing it because it does nothing right now(it does count as a spell cast for Penflinger though).

I'm pretty sure they were informed of this bug during the streamer pre-release extravaganza and said they'd fix it before release. welp

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

No Wave posted:

Why was I just given 2140 dust on login?

you know what you did

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Unless I'm missing some obvious exceptions, I think Old Gods through to Karazhan was Rogue's nadir. Then they got what would become their Tempo Rogue shell in MSG and were okay.

And even then they weren't the worst class in the game because :lol: Old Gods + Karazhan Priest.

purify had its moment in the sun and it was beautiful and i will never forget it

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the swing granted by deal damage to two enemy minions + poisonous is funny, and also if you have an absolutely gigantic brain it's hilarious to make a 10-cost golem right before the druid you're against casts celestial alignment. otherwise, yeah, not very inspiring

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

orangelex44 posted:

There's definitely more cards that people want nerfed than Blizzard is hitting (six). Off the top of my head, there's at least two Watch Posts, Pen Flinger, Deck of Lunacy, Refreshing Spring Water, Conviction, Sword of the Fallen, and Reckoning that are getting a decent amount of hate right now. Don't forget that there's at least one Rogue card that's getting nerfed besides though - that adds Efficient Octo-Bot and Jandice Barov to the list. That's ten right there without even going into "doubtful, but plausible" category.

edit: Honestly, the only real locks I see here are Deck of Lunacy and Sword of the Fallen. None of the others are guaranteed IMO.

wait, Reckoning? the paladin secret? people are clamoring for that to be nerfed?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Another mana inconsistency:
Condemn will not upgrade to rank 2 if you coin it out on turn 4.

Come on. "Upgrades when you have 5 mana".
Not "when you have 5 for realsies permanent mana crystals before the turn starts".

this is consistent with ironbark and bogbeam if memory serves

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

small indie company seeks to make ends meet with a hidden bitcoin miner

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

idk about the rest but my free level 50 legendary was guff and he felt very lame the few games I played with him

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

there's no way scabbs doesn't enable some kind of utterly heinous bullshit, if not now then in a later expansion. is the alexstrasza/tenwu thing the only one that people have run with so far?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah Big Shaman in Wild is great.

my favorite deck in all the years I've played this children's card game was big shaman in standard during rastakhan's rumble, when charged devilsaur, snowfury giant, lesser sapphire spellstone, eureka, and oondasta all coexisted

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

yeah, first day of school is another symptom of the same problem that made deck of lunacy unfun - there are less lovely cards in the format now. brode was right all along,..

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

Wild or Standard I will try to ladder with the first deck anyone posts. I'm at Plat 8 in both. Tell me what to play please. I'm fine with losing a lot.

stolen and very slightly modified from a firebat deck doctor video, not good but fun/funny, feel free to toy with it

### my cute demon babies
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Relentless Pursuit
# 2x (4) Burrowing Scorpid
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 1x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
# 2x (9) Ancient Void Hound
# 2x (9) Pit Commander
#
AAECAbn5AwLg5QOyoAQO2b4Dg8cD18gD/tED79UDxd0D8+MDkuQDwvEDgIUEg58Etp8E1J8EtKAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

DeadButDelicious posted:

E: Also my noob hot take right now is "Boo soul shards why is a class who's entire archetype sacrificing health for card advantage have so much self healing?" God I hate doing a bunch of face damage and they just patch it right back up by drawing a clown's pocket full of +2 health.

thinking back to when dark pact restored 8 health instead of 4, chuckling to myself

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

last night I ignored it when someone added me as a friend. the notification popped up immediately after I won a game based on the fact that illidari inquisitor will attack whatever your hero attacks even if it's frozen. felt pretty confident as to their intent

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Are beast buffs in BG bugged or am I missing something?

Played the Hydra last. It just got the +4/+4 from Mama Bear.
It looks like the first buff is applied and then the stats on the minion reset right before the second buff is applied.

At the start of the next recruiting round, the correct buffed stats are applied. However this can make you lose fights.

I've seen this with a rat pack and two pack leaders, but it was purely a visual bug. the deathrattle rats showed 3 attack but did 5 damage

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Last King posted:

cash grab you say? from this company?! i am shocked, just shocked - this is completely out of character for them!

if people get radicalized against capitalism through the medium of an electronic children's card game, so much the better :v:

emocrat posted:

Trying to plan out my gold usage. When is the mid expansion set and how much does it cost?

the last one was 15 bucks or 2000 gold, presumably the next one will be also. no date yet, but also, the last one was jan 21 after darkmoon faire was released nov 17, so since forged in the barrens was released march 30, probably around may 30

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Also, Deflect-o-bot is a Genji reference. :psyboom:

how did I never pick up on this

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

are you up to date on blizzard's actions for the past few years? it ain't pretty

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I don't understand what thing/aspect of the tweet is being complained about by the person that I quoted

poor management of timing regarding the patch and this tournament, as I understood it - that sort of thing has become commonplace in blizzard products. now, if you're questioning the level of vitriol rather than its source, I might've been a little less angry, idk. but I'll double down on the claim that blizzard has been, on the balance, making GBS threads the bed for the past several years

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

opened helbrim, so this is interesting. looks like I've got no copies of cloak of shadows, but I do have a few thousand dust. I assume that's a core card for giving you one more turn to stab your opponent?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

the Rewards Track might be too lucrative

DON'T PUT THAT EVIL ON US

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

savory deviate delight is OK but blizzard team 5 never gave me my goddamn noggenfogger elixir

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Last King posted:

is wild just a complete toxic dumpster fire right now?

a buddy sent me a screenshot and i thought playing against priest in standard was bad...

that looks like good old witchwood standard shaman shudderwock/grumble to me. memories~

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

fanny packrat posted:

That's how I thought it would resolve, but it looks like the deathrattle was first in the stack, then the secret procced.

I haven't seen this myself but the wiki entry suggests it's based on order of play. both the deathrattle and avenge trigger at the same time, viz. when a friendly minion dies. if the possessed villager was played first, its deathrattle finishes first and avenge has a target; if avenge was played first, it has no friendly minion to target and so doesn't fire.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jeza posted:

I read it and it suggests that Avenge will never proc on a single minion even if it summons another on death, regardless of play order.

However, if there are multiple minions on the board (including one with a deathrattle that summons) and all of them die simultaneously, it can trigger on the summon depending on the minion play order. Because, I guess, the conditions for Avenge to proc were met initially.

Is that what happened in this case? If Possessed Villager was the only minion and it procced, I feel like that's a bug. If it was one of several cleared at the same time, it's just a weird interaction quirk that can happen sometimes.

ahh, that would make sense.

this brings to mind something that I've thought ever since the original kazakus was released: why isn't there any documentation in this game? obviously blizzard has a rulebook that precisely and verbosely explains how everything actually works, because they would've had to write one in the process of programming the game. so why not put together a nice-looking pdf and add a dedicated link to it in the app, buried in the options somewhere? is the logic of the game a trade secret or something?

or even down to individual cards like kazakus. in the middle of a game, it's fine to just say "Battlecry: craft a custom Potion" - but when I'm browsing my collection, why can't I see all the effects? I can own a card and not have a clue what it actually does unless I exit the game and go to an unofficial wiki? there's already a "more" popup for corrupted cards and new hero powers and stuff. do that but more!

Boatswain posted:

FYI there's no pity timer on the new Standard packs :saddowns:

would be nice if this were a bug, but, well,

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Strawberry Panda posted:

The Avenge card text is hosed anyway. Says whenever a friendly minion dies, but it only works if your minion dies on your opponents turn. Can't trade a minion in to buff another one.

secrets in general explicitly only activate on your opponent's turn, so that's implied by the "Secret:" text. but yeah, a ding dang rulebook would help players know that, so i intend to die on this hill

in other news, the three new DH cards combined with my pathological need to make decks that summon the thickest boys. it's not very good but I don't care. open to ideas and insights

### my cute demon babies
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 1x (1) Throw Glaive
# 2x (2) Sigil of Flame
# 2x (2) Sigil of Summoning
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (3) Felrattler
# 2x (3) Vile Call
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 2x (5) Chaos Nova
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 2x (6) Fel Summoner
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
# 2x (8) Taintheart Tormenter
# 2x (9) Pit Commander
#
AAECAbn5AwLL3QPg5QMO2cYDg8cD18gD2NMD8+MD/eoDve0D/u0DoO4Dr+8DgIUEgZ8E1J8EtKAEAA==
#

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

my instinct would be to buy barrens packs because those will be in standard for two years instead of one, and craft any stuff from last year that you want. but I am an ancient who's been playing since league of explorers so idk what it's really like for new players nowadays :v:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

just enjoy dad legend :v:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

besides being plenty 'efficient,' dad legend is no mean feat in and of itself. that's where I am more months than not :v:

but of course, let me tell you based on personal experience as a dumbass who's gotten legend six or seven times: legend is a function of time spent playing way more than it is of player skill. like, starting from the rank floor going to legend you do have to maintain an overall winrate over 50%, that's true. but it doesn't have to be 60%, it can be 50.0000001% - you just have to play enough games to translate that into fifteen more wins than losses. and the existence of the floor plus hearthstone being so goddamn random means that sooner or later enough bullshit will roll in your favor long enough to get you there... if you just keep playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

would Plaguemaw the Rotting be helpful? I assume the new tauntless greybough keeps the deathrattle