Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So brawls will now award the previous year’s packs(Year of the Phoenix). I would’ve preferred the current expansion but I guess it’s still way better than classic packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Now that I finally have all the legendaries of the Classic Set ( Lol Millhouse ) I totally agree. Have they said if it's a rotation or something?

They haven't but I assume they would switch it at the start of each year. So next year will be Year of the Gryphon packs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Patrick Spens posted:

Yeah, and it stacks, so two casts means you can ping for 3 every turn.

Since Mages have so much spell discovery you can get it even higher than 3!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Normally you can’t open packs until release but this weekend they’ll probably let you make a fireside gathering and open them there. If you’re planning on getting the Tavern pass I highly recommend waiting to open packs until you claim the diamond Samuro though, otherwise you might unpack a regular/golden Samuro and “waste” a legendary.

EDIT: Looking at all the cards on Hearthpwn, the ranked spells card art is great. I like the DH one especially, the perspective is from someone the DH is attacking and each rank has them get closer and angrier.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Mar 23, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RatHat posted:

If you’re planning on getting the Tavern pass I highly recommend waiting to open packs until you claim the diamond Samuro though, otherwise you might unpack a regular/golden Samuro and “waste” a legendary.

Ok scratch that, you SHOULD open packs before claiming the Diamond Samuro or Mankrik because they’ll have a full dust refund for a week!
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/hearthstone/t/duplicate-legendary-issue-blademaster-samuro-mankrik/56476

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah gold packs are on their own timers so it doesn't matter which you open first.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Starsfan posted:

Yeah I'm fairly confused about the timing of this stuff too.. Some people have speculated that the "un-nerfed" versions of cards will become available in a couple of days from now, and potentially the core set is rotating in prior to the barrens expansion? So we might end up with some weird transition time period in the last week of March.

I've been riding high with Secret Mage lately, up to Diamond 3 on the back of a 70%+ win rate over the last week.. never got to legend before and I think i can do it the way things are going lately, but if the cards get switched up before I can make it there obviously legend becomes much less likely. I'd really like to get some clarification on this.

Yeah the un-nerf happens on the 25th but the expansion doesn't release until the 30th.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It looks like hero power Mage might be too slow now that Mage lost most of its anti-aggro cards.

EDIT: Also Celestial Alignment is broken as gently caress in Wild, as you'd expect.
EDIT2: Deathrattle DH is better than it looks. I still doubt it'd be Tier 1 but maybe Tier 2.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 23, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If that’s the case then I’m guessing the second expansion will be Westfall themed with a Deadmines mini-set. Stormwind and Stockades could work too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess since the mercenaries are supposed to grow throughout the year then it should be a higher level zone for Expansion 2. One of the Plaguelands maybe? Or they could do Stranglethorn.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This expansion seems to be set in classic Azeroth anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Amoeba102 posted:

Any one know what happens when you're X/1500 when the rewards track rolls over, where does the excess experience go?

I assume it's just wasted.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I suspect Jaraxxus is going to be nerfed pretty quickly. He’s like the KotFT hero cards, infinite value for very little risk.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So you can already earn some of the new Barrens achievements(that reward Exp) but you might not want to redeem them until the new reward track comes out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like all the "dupe" hero skins got unique dialogue.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Cry Havoc posted:

opened 80 prepurchase packs and only got 2 legendaries smh

at least the pity timer is almost at 40

Oh we can already make a fireside tavern to open them? Nice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So people were saying that the next Tavern Pass has extra value because of Diamond Samuro. Since the Diamond version counts for the "no dupes" rule when opening packs, it makes sense that if you ARE going to get the pass you should buy it before opening any new packs so that you eliminate the chance of getting him. Is that right?

Actually normal and golden Samuro(and golden Mankrik) have full dust refunds for a week so you should open packs first. If you get one of them that’s a free legendary of your choice.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Did alright with my 60 pack bundle, got 4 legendaries but most of them aren't great: Kurtus Ashfallen, Mordresh Fire-eye, Bru'kan, and Blademaster Samuro(aka a free legendary of my choice). Still have almost 10k gold to spend on packs+Battlegrounds pass though.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 27, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Pass is not very likely to be up for gold though :(

Everyone opening their packs via some tavern thing? I was always curious how to get that going, but :effort: since you can't really use them yet.

Yeah you can make your own Fireside gathering, set it for an hour-ish ahead, then wait like 5 minutes and you can start it ingame to open your packs.

EDIT: And yeah I think the Tavern pass is money only, meant the Battlegrounds pass.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 27, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way Ysera has a full dust refund now. Probably a good dust since it’s rotating and it’s not amazing anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's very "fun" that one of the best decks right now is just control Warlock with only a few new cards in it. Jaraxxus as a normal hero card is absurd.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/dogdog/status/1377282594958532610?s=20

Turns out Pen Flinger is still busted, who would’ve thought. It’s especially bad with the new Rogue card that draws every time you play a Battlecry/combo minion. The Rogue decks aren’t optimized yet but once they are Miracle Rogue will be cancer.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
This brawl is really broken.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To get your pack from this broke-rear end brawl play Hunter, don’t use any dyes, and hero power each turn. If your hand is full from dyes then dump them all on a single egg. And hope your opponent doesn’t get a big minion or something.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Reckless Apprentice appears to work with ANY hero power. It just activates the hero power once for every enemy, and targets them if possible. For example if you somehow got it with Deathknight Uther you could OTK the opponent as long as they have 3+ minions on board. And yes it works with Majordomo.

Of course the only non-Mage classes that could get it somewhat frequently would be Rogue and Priest, and those don't benefit from it very much. Still I'm sure we'll see videos of other classes getting it on Trolden at some point.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 31, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They’re awful in constructed but holy poo poo are Caravans busted in arena. If they’re not immediately removed they snowball in value.

Also with the revamped Core set dragons in arena dragon discovery is really strong now. Priest mirrors usually just come down to who can get the most legendary dragons.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The mini-set will introduce Termite Crab, 2 mana 2/3 Battlecry: Destroy a Watchpost and gain +2/+2

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So they clearly didn't test Reckless Apprentice with every hero power because some of them are just completely broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_BQNKtUnk8

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desert Bus posted:

I only played one game of Casual and used Prime Warlock and they conceded on turn 3 and then rage added me to yell at me for playing a good deck in Casual and I didn't have the heart to tell them that you can play Wild decks in Casual too and they were definitely going to encounter much worse things.

From what I understand if you play a standard deck in Casual you'll only face other standard decks, same with wild and maybe classic.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If you get Mankrik's wife in your hand don't bother playing it because it does nothing right now(it does count as a spell cast for Penflinger though).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Another bug: South Coast Chieftain also counts your opponent’s murlocs even though it should only work with friendlies.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not sure what they could nerf with Spellmage besides Refreshing Springwater(guessing it'll be changed to only refresh 1 mana crystal for each spell drawn). I guess they could put Incantor's Flow at 3 mana but I've never felt like it was OP.

Biggest nerfs I see coming are the Watch posts(probably bumping them up 1 mana or reducing their health by 1), Penflinger(Can only target minions), and Scabbs Cutterbutter(Either bumped up 1 mana or only gives 2 mana discount). Also Celestial Alignment but I'm not sure how they'll nerf that.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 2, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well this deck feels pretty busted.

### Alignment
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 1x (2) Lunar Eclipse
# 2x (2) Solar Eclipse
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (4) Overgrowth
# 1x (4) Thickhide Kodo
# 2x (5) Teacher's Pet
# 2x (5) Twilight Runner
# 1x (6) Forest Warden Omu
# 2x (6) Nourish
# 2x (7) Celestial Alignment
# 2x (7) Druid of the Plains
# 2x (8) Cenarion Ward
# 2x (8) Guardian Animals
# 1x (9) Malygos the Spellweaver
# 2x (10) Survival of the Fittest
#
AAECAdfXAwSj0QOJ4AO17AO1igQN6LoDks0Dm84DutADk9ED3tED8NQDiuADpOEDvuwDwOwDiZ8E2p8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Couple of tips:

- Don’t just slam Celestial Alignment on 7, sometimes it benefits your opponent more than you. You really want a few cards in your hand first, in rough order of importance: :siren:Nourish:siren:, Guardian animals, Malygos, ramp, Omu, ect.
- By the way while Nourish is ridiculous after Celestial Alignment don’t be afraid to use it for draw if you need to.
- Alignment is a one-time effect and not a constant aura so any cards discovered/generated after it won’t have their costs reduced. So try to use Nature studies before it. Also the coin is near worthless after using it.
- Solar eclipse+Cenarion ward shuts down any kind of aggro.
- Druid of the Plains loses the Survival of the fittest buff after transforming so try to play around that if you can.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is Deck of Lunacy on 2 the new Prince Keleseth? I guess DoL is a bit less consistent.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Best part of Celestial Alignment is it makes it near impossible to corrupt your cards anymore, so no Tickatus.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oenis posted:

How does this fare against aggro DoL mage and aggro decks like rogue and paladin? Also how essential is Omu? Because that deck looks like fun but I'm not sure I want to craft a niche legendary for it.

Omu isn't essential at all so feel free to switch it out, maybe for another Kodo.

I've been having less success with it now though. When I was crushing I was facing 90% slow pure spell Mage decks, but it does much worse against aggro(though it's far from an instant loss).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Turns out a 1 mana counterspell in an aggro deck is really strong, even if it sometimes backfires due to RNG.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Amoeba102 posted:

It's now in the re-roll pool, assuming you don't currently have it. And the win 5 ranked is rerollable too.

Wait does this mean the optimal way is to complete the Ranked one first and then reroll the other weeklies and hope to get it again? Or can you only get the ranked quest once per week?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Guessing Sword of the Fallen(Either cost +1 or durability -1), Conviction(2 attack instead of 3), Fresh Spring Water(Only regens 1 mana per spell), Field Contact(Bumped 1 mana), Pen Flinger(Only targets minions), and 2 mana Watchpost(Bumped to 3 mana or health reduced by 1) will be the cards nerfed.

EDIT: Actually that might be too much for Conviction. Bump it to 2 mana then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

fanny packrat posted:

Has anyone gotten their packs yet from the YouTube stream?

Doesn’t that only work on the Twitch stream? And they changed it so you have to claim the first pack before you can begin earning another.