Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Also I thought Neeru Fireblade worked by putting a repeating "Casts When Drawn" card into your deck. I've gone way down on it after finding out it just basically casts Warlock quest.

I mean, not exactly since it fills your board, not just summoning 2. So if you play Neeru onto an empty board, you get a 5/5 and 5 3/2s. And then all the 3/2s you want. Feels much better than Nomi was, since you aren't as vulnerable to a single clear. I think there will be a deck that uses him well to finish off control v. control games, though I don't think that deck will necessarily try to rush to fatigue as soon as possible. Just put him in a Warlock control and use him as a finisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

Real answer: Secret Passage

Priest answer: still Illucia by a fuckin mile

Underdog answer: Celestial Alignment. Generally players will HATE mana destruction more than even Tickatus maybe.

Yeah, Celestial Alignment is gonna be one of those win/lose cards where if the Druid gets the right draw theres not much you can do, but probably wont be so consistent that it sees a nerf anytime soon. So it'll be one of those background cards that you know you have won or lost when it is played.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Oenis posted:

Are there any safe crafts yet? The legendaries I got seem underwhelming at first glance and I've got 4900 dust burning in my pocket that I want to spend on cool stuff.

If you want to play Priest, I don't think there will be a deck in this rotation that doesn't have Xyrella (barring a nerf or whatever). It quite easily becomes a 4-5 mana Flamestrike that also leaves a 4/4.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 2, 2021

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

And sometimes you cast them straight from the deck through a 1/3 weapon, too :v:

I think they should nerf Sword of the Fallen too whenever they nerf Mage. I'm already only running Galloping and Yogg, though, so I'm not sure if nerfing it into 1/2 would make that big of a difference, but bumping it up to 3 mana feels like it would straight up kill the card.

What if it was draw and not cast? Huge nerf, but you still get to thin your deck out and pull secrets to play for synergies.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I think I've heard a suggestion thrown around to make Spellburst only trigger when mana is spent on a spell (no 0-mana triggers).

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

GTO posted:

How do you tend to close out games with this? I like a control style game but played a bit with this and it just seemed to lack finishing power when I was piloting.

Between Wandmakers, Renews, Sethekks, and so on, it's pretty common in Priest spell control decks to get a lot of Draconic Studies, and the change of getting big dragons from them in the current Standard format is very high. You can also throw in C'thun as an extra win-con, though Control Warlocks will probably just burn it away anyways.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Patrick Spens posted:

Obviously the poison tag is good, but Discovering a spell is also a straight upgrade to Scoundrel's gimmick.

What do you mean? Vulpera Scoundrel was also Discover a spell, with the bonus of a mystery choice if you didn't like the normal three.

Obviously 1-attack Poisonous is a huge upgrade over 2-attack, but I think one of the other reasons Scorpid has so much influence is that it's a Common card, not an Epic like Vulpera was, so its both good and budget.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Nah I'm talking about when I've done my best to try to kill them but haven't done it, and I'm certain they can lethal me next turn (they have enough on board to lethal me up front). I know I've definitely lost. I try to give them the satisfaction of that last hit, but now I'm wondering if I'm being BM by not just conceding, maybe they see that as me being stubborn/wasting their time?

Nah, I don't think that's BM to let someone kill you. As mentioned, there are definitely quests associated with doing damage or playing minions of certain types that someone could be aiming for. Secondly, it is satisfying to land the final blow. As long as you aren't dragging your death out (so end your turn quickly when there's no way you can avoid lethal), it's not BM (at least in my opinion).

Also if the way for them to get lethal is even a little complicated (say, depends on minion attack order), there's always the chance they make a mistake.

Gully Foyle fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Apr 26, 2021

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

DeadButDelicious posted:

Are there any legendaries that are currently out of vogue/generally "bad" that are safe to dust? Here's my list of them so far:

Guff Runetotem
Deck of Lunacy
Xyrella
Neeru Fireblade
Overlord Saurfang
Moonfang
N'zoth, God of the Deep

I'm kinda hard up on dust right now and would wanna go for another deck for some variety. Some token druids use Guff but he hasn't been a gamewinner for me so I wouldn't mind losing him.

Alternatively here's my collection: https://hsreplay.net/collection/2/17464881/

Sorry if it's a bit presumptuous for someone to go through this, just don't want to fall into the trap of dusting something that was actually really good and was a silly move to do so.

I think others have answered, but for my opinion:

Guff Runetotem: Not played much right now, but it's very easy to believe he will be good in some future meta. His effect is quite strong if the spells are right.
Deck of Lunacy: Not played much since the nerf, but it's still a fine card in no-minion mage. Plus it is a lot of fun to use - the overall effect will also change dramatically as different spells are released.
Xyrella: Really good card. As long as Priest has cheap heals of some kind, Xyrella will be a great boardsweeper. If you have interest in playing Priest, keep.
Neeru: Requires a specific deck archetype which may not be the highest win rate, but it looks like a lot of fun to play. Check out Kibler's videos recently on deck burn Warlock. If you have no interest in that style, probably a safeish dusting.
Overlord Saurfang: Not played right now because the Rush warrior deck is better than ones that use Frenzy. Not enough good Frenzy targets. Personally I'd keep at least until the mini-set. It's possible that with one or two excellent targets, this card can get the value it needs. But if hurting for dust, this is probably not the worst of that list to dust.
Moonfang: Out of your list, probably the safest to dust. Has some purpose in Druid right now but it's not really a required part of that deck.
Nzoth: Personally, I'd keep N'zoth. Has a potential role in a lot of different control decks, opens up some new ways of building decks.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Olpainless posted:

Seriously, 0 mana draw 2 is pretty busted. I was expecting 'refresh 1 mana crystal'.

Sometimes it's even better with Incanter's Flow - can be a 0-mana draw 2 gain 1/2 mana.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

I wonder if they will do any buffs for the Warrior Frenzy deck, since outside of Samuro and sometimes the Stonemaul Anchorman, frenzy isn't really seen in Warrior despite it being the one with the most frenzy cards/support. Probably gonna need new minions to make it good though, so I guess it'll more for the miniset.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Firebert posted:

Oh lord I never even thought of N'zoth + animated broomstick, maybe it is real

This was my immediate thought on "what can I do with 1 more mana".

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Just realised Hysteria is now one of the elite "been nerfed twice" cards.

And still probably near an auto-pick in both classes outside of Kazakus concerns.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Ugh, minor Duels gripe:

If you have picked the "Can't be Overloaded' Shaman power, the game should never loving offer a Passive that relies on being Overloaded. Especially since I'm guessing that Passive is weighted towards decks that have a lot of Overload cards. You know, the exact same kind of cards you want in a Can't be Overloaded deck.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Acerbatus posted:

Thinking about it meeting stone might actually be ok for aggro/zoo decks? 2/4 of stats on 2 bodies, one of which has soft taunt and the other of which has an effect is really strong early.

Really doubt that most aggro decks want to be spending 2 mana on a 2/2 with a random keyword instead of 2 mana on something better they actually slotted into their deck, or 1 mana on a card with no offensive capability.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

flatluigi posted:

am i good to dust both of these legendaries or are they used somewhere

edit: is there a good place to go to see what cards are being used in general

Personally I'd keep Plaguemaw at least - Kibler's shown off some fun Plaguemaw decks. Now that he's a Quillboar and can be resurrected, there's a potential of fun decks with Nzoth and so on. And all it needs for support over the next sets is for good Taunt minions, which is pretty common.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Shwqa posted:

I have very little hope that the warrior quest will be viable. But if you are just in it to have fun then it does looks really fun. Just set your expectations on the win rate pretty low.

One of the good things about the questline design at least is that it will be pretty easy to do slight buffs/nerfs using the activation triggers. So if Warrior quest is not performing well comparatively, they could maybe adjust the first trigger from 3 pirates to 2 pirates.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Yeah, the non-interactivity of the current meta is a major problem. Like, I just had a game against quest mage. On turn 6, I got him down to 3 health, and I was at 30. He had one card in hand. Over the next two turns, he drew 9 cards off of Cram sessions, froze my board repeatedly and blasted me down with 2 mana fireballs that deal 9, and 0 mana runed orbs and ignites.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Starsfan posted:

first one I could think of is play quest warlock, use the 4 mana 5/7 with the "deal 5 damage to your hero" deathrattle, then use this after you complete your quest and play Tamsin

I couldn't think of any other deathrattles in standard that would fit in with what Warlock likes to do going forward

**it's probably too awkward to use in that way, the insane warlock draw works better to just draw out your deck and stack the damage more reliably

This would also fail horribly to any AoE clear, since the warlock wouldn't be protected from the deathrattle damage if it's not their turn.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Wonder how the durability/health will interact for that card. Will damage taken by its rush form be reflected in the weapon, and then will durability lost from attacking with the weapon reduce the health of the minion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Not considering buffs and all, it seems OK? Very flexible at least. Ideal situation seems to be clearing up 2-3 small/mid size minions, maybe getting 4 face damage in, and being left with a 4/1 weapon. Sort of like an old Flamestrike that leaves behind a weapon.

At the very least I guess it usually ends up doing 8 damage split across 2 minions plus an additional 4 damage attack (face or minion). Is that good enough for 7 mana?

Great for Arena, just don't know how it will do in the meta.