Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’m just past level 100 and have about 1000 gold. Should I try to earn the rest to buy the mini expansion?

Edit: As opposed to spending real money.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jun 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I’ve decided I’m going to just earn the remaining 1000 gold for the mini-expansion.

In the mean time, will this change how I should handle card packs to milk the maximum rewards from them? As in, should I avoid doing the new story campaign and/or opening the reward packs on the extremely small chance I’ll get a legendary from the mini expansion?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I haven't played this game in literally years. Is it easy to get back into it without spending money?

You might be able to fill out your collection faster. Now, card packs won’t give you more than the deck limit of any card of a certain rarity until you’ve gotten 2 of every card of that rarity. No duplicate legendaries until you’ve gotten all of them.

It’s still a bit of work though.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Warcraft has always been tonally different. The orcs were portrayed as brutal, nasty guys in the Warcraft 2 story, and also they were bright green and talked like Yoda.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Cpt_Obvious posted:

My response to this was to turn on a YouTube and return the favor. Many times the other guy would rage quit as he ate 3 exhaust damage after 20 minutes.

Bonus points if you are also playing a priest and heal his character to make it take longer.

Blizzard needs to figure out a way to keep roping from inflicting stress on the player that whose turn it isn’t.
When someone’s roping, they’re either preparing some wombo combo or giving me false hope that I’ll catch a break due to their shoddy connection/irl distractions, and the tense music and impending explosion do nothing to help that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got the tavern pass reward for having a 6 month WoW subscription, and I’m slightly miffed that I had gotten Varian instead of any other legendary from a pack before getting the diamond version.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Sloppy posted:

You guys act like you need to pay to enjoy Hearthstone. gently caress giving the greedy shits money. I'd rather the game die completely than pay them anything, especially after the HK and harassment fiascos (and the WC3 debacle, did that ever get sorted out?)

The WC3 team was reportedly shut down in October. I don’t know what, if anything, was “fixed.”

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Oh hey, Battlegrounds is out of Beta, isn’t it?

Unrelated, back when I beat the final Book of Heroes chapter, I did it on my phone. I got some weird unfinished popup with underscores in it that seemed to be for completing every Book of Heroes chapter. Is/was there supposed to be a reward associated with that?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Putting aside which card might be more useful in the meta and the decks I like to play and thinking only in terms of a quixotic quest to get every version of every card despite avoiding spending money and also not playing a ton, it doesn’t matter which one I choose? I’ll eventually get both golden legendaries, one from the choice now and one from the progression track, plus the diamond one when the conflict is decided?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Did everyone get a single golden copy of Frostwolf Kennel recently?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I have enough coins to craft Saurfang, Diablo, and Gul’dan. The former is epic and the latter two are legendary. Should I do that, or is it more efficient to open more mercenaries packs?

My hunch is I should just craft them, because I’m saving my gold for the new expansion’s release so it’ll be a while before I have gold to spare on Mercenaries packs, but I thought I’d check in anyway.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I got 2 legendaries from 36 packs, and one of them was Vandar Stormpike.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I finally got through all the current normal Mercenaries bosses.

It seems like the first half of Blackrock Mountain, representing Boackrock Depths, has dragons as generic mooks, while the later half representing Blackrock Spire has elementals in that role, when the reverse should be the case.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
An interesting thing happened when I won a Battlegrounds run this morning. My final fight was with Lich Baz’hial, but she appeared as an already-dead Kel’thuzad. I guess she killed herself with her hero power during the setup?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I had the “3 games with Nozdorumu” quest today, and for it I used a terribly outdated and slopped-together dragon priest deck with no real game plan behind it. I actually matched with someone else with Noz and got a rare, spontaneous, non-rage friend request because of it.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Huh, it doesn’t feel like a once-a-month thing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I am and generally loathe to spend real money on this game and play pretty casually, but I still kinda anal about using card packs efficiently. So while I’m saving gold for the mini-set, should I avoid opening packs from brawls and the Book of Mercenaries, lest I get an epic or legendary from the mini set?

I have 830 gold, and so probably won’t get enough to buy the mini expansion before the month rolls over. I don’t think that’ll affect anything.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Doing the Chi-ji Mercenaries Event, and banging my head against the task where you have to beat the Heroic Anointed Blades in a Felwood with only casters, who have a disadvantage against the bosses. I’ve managed to beat them once, with a boon giving casters Divine Shield, only to lean about a bug(?) where getting boons invalidates the task.

They’ve updated the mode, but there’s still no use for excess coins for maxed-out mercenaries, right? They could at least deprioritize their tasks from appearing on the board.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I like using Illidari Studies for this brawl.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I unlocked an Alterac Valley gameplay achievement a few days ago, didn’t catch what, but nothing it showing up in the achievement menu for me to click. The red exclamation mark is still on my journal, and it’s bugging the poo poo out of me.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I'm still doing Mercenaries. I got all the mercs and equipment before this big new update dropped. Two things bugging me:

-They still haven't come up with a use for excess coins AFAIK, have they?

-Murky's post-battle rewards involve attack increases, including the one that makes him immune while attacking. This is despite him having only a direct damage ability. Am I missing something? Is it just supposed to sync with Old Murk Eye?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The Mercenaries tavern screen just doesn’t work anymore on my iPhone 8. I can’t drag them around.