Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Just hit legend again today :toot:

Completely accidentally. Climbed the ladder almost entirely with eureka shaman (but I switched to secret mage for the last 3 games). Literally 100 games with this version of eureka shaman, actual 66-34 record. Super fun deck to play.

I should do a writeup at some point because the deck is awesome

### Eureka Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (1) Devolving Missiles
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (2) Ancestral Spirit
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (4) Ancestor's Call
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 2x (5) Hagatha's Scheme
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (6) Eureka!
# 2x (8) Walking Fountain
# 2x (9) Runaway Blackwing
# 2x (10) Scrapyard Colossus
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAEBAaoIAqirAuDMAw6UA/kD9QSyBs4P9r0Cn/0CrZEDipQDj5QDk7kD87sD8NQDlOQDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Anyone playing quest rogue in wild: Try pen flinger out, it's an absolutely fantastic way to activate quest on turn 2-3 if you draw any of your cheap spells.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Having played a good few matches with it just now, I feel confident in saying that unnerfing quest rogue is probably going to be a mistake

It loses like 70% of the time to secret mage, so it's fine.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

I think my best moment today was completing and playing the Rogue quest on turn 3.

T1: mulliganed into two Target Dummies and Daring Escape, played them and bounced them back.
T2: pass
T3: play the dummies again, then Prep into the quest reward.

You monster.

I'm Finally a bit happier with my quest rogue list, and more importantly my mulligan strategy vs priest. Been just fuckin OTKing them back to back to back tonight.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I got a complete set with just the mega pack+saved gold.

Speaking of standard: I need the MOST OBNOXIOUS possible watch post decklist.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

mcbexx posted:

Outpost mage mirror match is incredibly dumb.

You mean the best gameplay that has ever existed?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Finally got the dream!

Even won a couple games with a Krush in starting hand. First was a druid that helped me out by making it cost 1, lol. Second was an on curve Leoroxx against a Pen Flinger rogue, giving me enough reach to burst them down with spells.

I'm having so much fun, I'm not even too salty about the loss against a dh who hit me with 8/8 "charge" minions back to back.

Edit: Oh boy, what a way to break into Diamond!

Just tried your list, deck seems super fun if it works, but in 6 games so far this morning I haven't drawn a single Selective Breeder or Warsong Wrangler so I just sort of control the board for a while then die without doing anything at all.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I need to play some more games with it to be sure, but even mage in wild seems like a real deck and this card here is actually good:

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Tournament_Medic

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

Does that get triggered by playing the new 3/5 too?

Sadly no. But when your deck is built around hero powering 2-4 times a turn the lifegain is real good.

Also it's a 4 cost minion to check for explosive runes without taking damage :eng101:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Can someone explain to me why Ice Walker and reckless apprentice doesnt end up with the enemy board frozen?

https://hearthstone.fandom.com/wiki/Ice_Walker

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/cards/63059-reckless-apprentice/

Every other hero power buff seems to apply (i.e. damage increases), so why doesn't the freeze?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

So wild has a new Play Every Giant celestial alignment deck.

I've hit it 5 times so far. Just alignment then play 1-3 giants a turn til the game is over. I have beaten them with even mage 4 of those 5 times by heropowering down every single giant even after getting my Mana reset to 0. Deck is insanely fun.

This is my current list:
### even Mage v2
# Class: Mage
#
# 2x (2) Book of Specters
# 2x (2) Explosive Sheep
# 2x (2) Fallen Hero
# 2x (2) Garrison Commander
# 2x (2) Ice Walker
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Spirit of the Dragonhawk
# 2x (2) Starscryer
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 2x (4) Tournament Medic
# 1x (4) Varden Dawngrasp
# 1x (6) Coldarra Drake
# 1x (6) Genn Greymane
# 2x (10) Frost Giant
# 1x (10) Mordresh Fire Eye
#
AAEBAaXDAwTN9ALY7AOd7gPBoAQN0BPVE48U3M0Czu8CrYcD8qUD97gD+84D0+wD1uwDwKAE1aAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

It's about 50/50 with the bullshit paladin deck and just about even with secret mage, but roflstomps most other things I hit.

You wanna mulligan for wildfire, fallen hero, and ice walker mostly.

If you're against a dude deck you want spirit, explosive sheep, and garrison commander.

If you're vs secret mage Tournament Medic and Garrison Commander are critical. Medic to check for explosive runes then heal a bit, then if it lives you drop commander and gain a bunch of life, or they burn 8 damage on it that otherwise would go to your face.

If you're vs control mull for book of specters and starscryer. Your endgame is to get Coldarra drake down with 2x buffed hero power to 12 them on 10 mana for your burst damage finish.

The worst cards in the deck are Manafeeder Panthera and Bone wraith, but I don't know what to replace them with yet.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

This is a powerful and fun deck, thanks!

To add, I don't really have any other ideas for Panthera and Wraith. Wraith has helped against Aggro and Panthera is sometimes useful for draw. I'd keep it as is and reserve them for Tech slots if certain decks become meta in wild.

I've since cut the 2 wraiths for 2 secret hate minions. Right now it's split between the one that kills all secrets and buffs itself and the one that steals a secret.

The paladin bullshit deck and secret mage are the hardest matchups and both are full of secrets. and you get the side benefit of now being to kill all the memers trying to mozaki mage win with a single ice block.

Still haven't found something for Panthera though.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I should try to push for standard legend before the nerfs. I've hit wild legend a few times now but never standard.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

obi_ant posted:

If I'm a dirty net-decker and I only plan to play standard, would it make sense for me to dust all of my older sets? I have some cards from Goblins vs Gnomes, The Grand Tournament and Whispers of the Old Gods that I would love to get rid of and get some dust to build some other net-decks. I only noticed I had these cards when I was dusting my gold cards that I don't use. Also noticed that I have a bunch of Legacy cards, which used to be Core, I'm assuming I can dust these bad boys as well?

You could so that, but 2 years from now when you're sick of standard changing and you want to play wild you'll regret it.

(I did exactly what you're saying you want to do and have recrafted most of what I dusted in the first place).

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

141 (recorded) games into this version of this deck and I finally got the dream turn 1 on the play opener

### Eureka Shaman
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (4) Ancestor's Call
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (6) Eureka!
#
AAEBAZu1AwKoqwLgzAMOlAP5A/UEsgbOD/a9Ap/9Aq2RA4qUA4+UA5O5A/O7A/DUA5TkAwA=
#

This deck is fuckin amazing and is top 3 most fun to play imo.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

RatHat posted:

You can with coin with PW:S->PW:S->Divine Spirit->Divine Spirit->Inner fire for 36 but it's a 6 card combo.

Isn't that too many Mana?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

I keep getting to diamond 1 3 stars and then tanking back to diamond 2 :smithicide: (in wild because standard is a miserable dumpster fire right now)

Last night I was riding a 5 game winstreak and the stupid renolock opponent managed to roll a ~1/10 odds twice in a row to raise dead zephrys twice and nuke my board and he killed me while at 1 life.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Im part of the problem. I love the current version of control warlock and play it even though I barely eke out 50% winrate on ladder.

It's just so fun to play.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

At least with the bonus star system even if I tank to 35-40% winrate I still end up diamond 10 every season with no real effort.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Flayer posted:

Just inadvertently tripped the On A Roll achievement (12 ranked wins in a row) with this deck.

### Mecha'thun
# Class: Warlock
#
# 2x (0) Target Dummy
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 2x (1) Runic Egg
# 1x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (1) Unstable Felbolt
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 1x (3) Free Admission
# 1x (3) Hysteria
# 1x (4) Cataclysm
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 1x (6) Reno Jackson
# 1x (10) Mecha'thun
#
AAEBAa35AwjtBcMWzukC8fsCm80Dld4D+OMD4OUDC8QIjRCJtAKXwQLexALnywLy0AKdqQO9vgOS5AOT5AMA
#

What an absolute beast of a deck it is. The consistency of Warlock draw power gives it that edge.

What rank are you playing at? This seems like it can't ever beat either secret or apm mage ever and that's like every other game.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Doji Sekushi posted:

I quit during Descent of Dragons and came back got Barrens for...reasons? So i missed the original demon hunter stuff and just sorta stumbled on the otk deck tuned with new cards. It does pretty ok. I’m still in the upper golds, but it is sooooo satisfying killing emote spammers (rage invites are just :discourse::)

The only decks that really give me a problem are high-rolling spell mages and god-draw Pallies. Rush warriors can’t do a thing, priests gently caress around all day while you draw your combo, everything else is solitaire with the occasional removal.

### otk
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Double Jump
# 2x (1) Ethereal Augmerchant
# 2x (1) Felosophy
# 2x (1) Felscream Blast
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Immolation Aura
# 2x (2) Mo'arg Artificer
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Talented Arcanist
# 1x (3) Acrobatics
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 1x (4) Il'gynoth
# 1x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
#
AAECAaarBATQ3QPZ3gPUnwSXoAQN4L4D6b4D2cYD1tEDztID3dMDx90D8+MDlegDg58Etp8EtKAE7KAEAA==
#

For the dumb ones in the thread: what's the otk here?
Ilygnoth, double artificer, felscream blast?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Did blizzard do something to what counts as a game for "Play 3 games as X Class" quests?

I just played a game where I was dead on board, at 8 life, hit concede and it didn't count as a game in the tracker.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Strawberry Panda posted:

Usually have to go like 7 turns before you concede for it to count. But I've seen it screw up before.

It was turn 4 :(

That must be it

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

Uhm.... I just qualified for Masters Tour Dalaran :supaburn:

and I did it with my own custom non-meta lineup!

https://www.d0nkey.top/battlefy/tournament/60613dc4b0da157dcaadbb7b/player/HiggsBoson%231805
16-2 in played games to spike the whole thing, I still can't believe it :psyduck:

If you need to testing partners I've got virtually every standard card and am decent at this children's card game and would be happy to help out. I have not ever done hearthstone Tournament prep before but I've done this type of thing for MTG for like a decade now.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Oh. I guess the premade decks are gone. Would be nice if it says when they were leaving somewhere in the game.

It said it in the launcher for several days before they disappeared :shrug:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Olpainless posted:

Perfectly normal turn 4.

### NOTHING AS IT SEEMS
#
# 2x (1) Demonic Studies
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Unstable Felbolt
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Plot Twist
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Dark Skies
# 2x (3) Sense Demons
# 2x (3) Violet Illusionist
# 2x (4) Stealer of Souls
# 2x (5) Faceless Manipulator
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 2x (6) Nerubian Unraveler
# 1x (9) Mal'Ganis
# 1x (10) Colossus of the Moon
#
AAEBAa35AwT6DsIPj4ID36kDDdwGkbMC58sCp84C2psD66wD87sDvb4D7NEDi9UDk+QDiu8DrKAEAA==
#

I recommend using N'Zoth as your hero for the extremely annoying 'NOTHING AS IT SEEMS' spam as you flood the board.

You only care about Twist and Stealer in mulligan (or sense demons).

I just got the 12 ranked wins in a row achievement with this deck. In less than 30 minutes on my lunch break

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

If you want shaman decks for the quest this is the deck I've played the most of any deck in this dumb bad game ever:

### Eureka Shaman
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (2) Devolve
# 2x (3) Far Sight
# 2x (3) Lightning Storm
# 2x (4) Ancestor's Call
# 2x (4) Torrent
# 2x (5) Muckmorpher
# 2x (6) Eureka!
#
AAEBAZyrBAKoqwLgzAMOlAP5A/UEsgbOD/a9Ap/9Aq2RA4qUA4+UA5O5A/O7A/DUA5TkAwA=
#

It has insane high rolls, and you can play a mediocre control deck til you start slamming threat after threat in the lategame.

Always mulligan for y'shaarj, a muckmorpher, ancestors call and lightning bloom. A single fatty on turn 1/2 just ends most games against anyone but priest.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Toshimo posted:

The Darkmoon prizes are stupid and bad and shouldn't have been brought back, even in a limited form. New Recruit is still the head-and-shoulders best one on T1, with the Gold and refresh ones being ok, and the rest rear end. The T2 ones are way more situational, so it doesn't even matter what your opponent took, because their board/level/shop/gameplan aren't yours, so you probably weren't offered/don't want the same one they do. T3 and T4 are super swingy and, again, situational, so there's no clear answer.

Counterpoint: the Darkmoon prizes make the game 10x more fun because every hero gets a second neat thing they can do every 4 turns to make the games different.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm very much growing to dislike the unavoidable bullshit "GOTCHA" mechanics they're making par-for-the-course in this game.

Such as?

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

poo poo you can't defend against, like a 20+ whack to the face (or two) from a Silas/Switch/Shield Slam play. Or spell mage having tons of clears and a 10 damage Arcane Missiles card and ALL THE DRAW IN THE loving UNIVERSE.

I know there are simply some match-ups you can't win, but it feels like they've hosed the game to the point where there are several Tier 1 decks that have that horseshit "EXODIA" thing going on and it's just un-fun.

You're punished for keeping a board. You're punished for not keeping a board. You're punished for not keeping a big *enough* board. Everything's set up so some shitheel can scream whenever he pulls ~the perfect card~ on his Twitch stream.

Everything in this game is seemingly being geared towards OTK mechanics because Blizzard knows that's the fuckhead dream. The "BOOM, HEADSHOT" of the CCG world.

I feel like a lot of these issues would be fixed if there was more hand or deck interaction. Only being able to impact the board for the most part is obnoxious. Pretty much only demon hunter has the tools to interact with the hand in standard and they never do because their other cards are just so much better.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

This is definitely the most fun expansion at the start. Every class has at least 1 viable deck right now and they all feel different.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

In other news: if you play the new archbishop and baku together your hero power upgrades, then gets replaced. Real grumpy about that.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

orangelex44 posted:

I think most of the quests are a bit overtuned. Nearly every one can be consistently completed by turn 7 (except for Priest, because of course not). That's too early IMO; I understand that aggro decks can get under that curve and win anyway but it's loving annihilating any semblance of a control deck. The closest I've seen to a reasonable winrate "control" deck is... handbuff pally? Maybe quest warrior because it doesn't technically kill you within one turn of completion? Even then it's an absurd meta, since handbuff paladin would easily be considered a midrange deck at basically any other time in the game's history.

I get that Blizzard is trying to push control decks away from the "win because the enemy is out of threats and quits in fatigue" plan and more into "survive until your bomb comes out", but there just aren't any bombs in the game that can keep up with the speed of the questlines. The reward heroes need to cost 7, I think - at least most of them. Paladin and Priest are probably fine.

That being said, I think the design of questlines is much better than the original quests were. Getting these small rewards as you progress makes them much more viable and, just as importantly, much easier to tweak for balance. It's not all or nothing, and it's not nearly as bad to give up the card in the opening hand.

I think you're ignoring the best control deck in the format: Quest Mage.

It's the definition of a combo-control list. Contests the board, deals with the enemy until you resolve your threat (quest reward) then turn the corner and quickly win the game.

It's exactly what you're asking for I think.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

orangelex44 posted:

Quest Mage isn't really control IMO. …….If you're routinely killing the opponent before you have full mana crystals, I don't think I can consider it a control deck.

It is definitely a hybrid combo/control. But I would say it’s more a control deck than a combo deck. The entire list is built around not dying until you get your win con online.

Flame walker OTK mage is just a pure combo deck because you dont really contest the board or delay the opponent at all, you just combo yourself. With quest mage you’re often winning at 20-30 health rather than 2 because you have much better tools for fighting aggro decks.

I disagree that a requirement of control decks being you must be slow/get to 10 mana crystals. You play the control role for the first 3/4 of the game then kill them as a combo deck.

I also love durdley control decks, but they’re not the only way to play a control deck.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

orangelex44 posted:

Combo decks are built around not dying until you get you win con online. Control decks are built around value generation. Warrior Quest having an endless supply of weapons/minions/poke damage is controlling, whereas Mage Quest turning your burn damage into more burn damage is still combo.

If you kill them as a combo deck, you're a combo deck. That's the whole point. Control decks win with big-mana finishers, not from cycling through a bunch of low-mana burn spells.

I strongly disagree. I said it's a hybrid combo/control deck with imo a strong leaning towards the control side.

Unlike most combo decks quest mage interacts with the opponent at every turn and I'd argue the definition of "control decks finish with big mana finishers" is a bad definition.

Control decks win via inevitability, which sometimes comes from out-valuing your opponent every turn, but this deck has virtually infinite removal and eventually just cycles ignites til the opponent dies. Just because you *can* win before turn 20 doesn't mean you're not a control deck with inevitability.

This thread (not specifically you) has been bitching they control decks didn't have a fast win condition for as long as I've been reading it and we finally have a control deck capable of ending the game once it stabilizes and everyone hates it lol.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Y'all are just fundamentally misunderstanding what a "control" deck is. Control decks are just that, designed to control the game and board until they can land a threat that goes over the top of whatever the opponent does and use that to kill them, typically with some sort of inevitability. Whether that comes in the form of just bigger threats, or recursive boards etc.

Quest mage is the single best control deck ever in the history of the game.

It plays 1 card to win the game with and the rest of the deck is interaction with the opponents board, then eventually the face, and it has inevitability via ignites to win the long game if you end up in a topdeck vs topdeck situation.

This is the most fun to play in best standard metagame ever. For once it's more fun than wild. There's just so many fun powerful decks available to play across all classes.

One thing kibler got right in his video though is theres basically 0 interaction with the opponents hand possible at all and that sucks for everyone. Only demon hunter has any at all I think besides mutanus which is too slow.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Look up literally every definition of control deck on the first page of search results. Those decks are not control decks.

If you call current questline mage a control deck, then exodia mage was also a control deck (it wasn't).

Literally the first result from googling control deck:
https://mtg.fandom.com/wiki/Control_deck

quote:

A control deck is a term for a deck of (usually sixty) cards that aims to control the opponent's cards and progression with, ideally, the end result where one has full control of everything that is done during the game. Control decks typically get their edge through card advantage. They are very powerful and present in virtually every format in the game.[1][2][3][4][5]

Aspects of control
Control decks are, unlike Aggro decks and Combo decks, defensive and reactive in nature.[6] Because of this, Control has some major flaws in its pure state. These primary downfalls are:

In order to reach the point of total control, one needs many resources and access to many cards, and...
Generally, if one's opponent can play more spells and threats than one can respond to, pure Control decks can have difficulty recovering. Due to this, most control decks have two major things in common:
Continual card drawing is a major aspect of control decks, as it keeps one's resources consistently available.
The vast majority of cards that are not the win conditions or card drawing spells are spells that react to any threat one's opponent can play, so that you can, ideally, respond to everything.
Control decks intend to trade resources until the opponent falls behind on card quality. Once the opponent's kill clock is slowed to a crawl, the control deck can refuel, which can take many varied forms, depending on the format.
The control deck can then develop its lead and win at its leisure.

Because control decks are defensive in nature, they often need to adopt elements of Aggro decks or Combo decks in some metagames. Some control decks use combos to win rather than the traditional few threats

Quest mage meets every single part of this definition of a control deck. Yes it has combo elements too as the finisher. I pointed that out like day 2 of the expansion in this thread.

Yes, this is from an MTG resource, but hearthstone terminology is all stolen from MTG anyways and the principles are the same.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

They removed iron sensei :(

One of my favorite minions to grab because none else does.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

Some development is happening right now in Warlock decks, to make more use of the Tamsin quest reward, contrary to what the current Quest Handlock is doing.

One goes all in on this approach:

### Questline Turbomill
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Unstable Shadow Blast
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Blood Shard Bristleback
# 2x (3) Runed Mithril Rod
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GAvLtA4T7Aw61uQO2uQObzQPXzgP7zgOL1QOS5AOT5APY7QPw7QOI7wO98QOD+wPnoAQA
#

but I didn't like the feel of this one, and got middling results. It's good though.

What I was successful with was a hybrid of the mill deck and handlock:

### Questline Handrod
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Unstable Shadow Blast
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (4) Soul Rend
# 2x (6) Barrens Scavenger
# 2x (10) Flesh Giant
# 2x (10) Goldshire Gnoll
#
AAECAf0GAoT7A5egBA6bzQPXzgP7zgPB0QOL1QOT5APY7QPw7QPx7QOI7wO98QPG+QOD+wPnoAQA
#

As long as you can dodge Mages and Paladins you're good to go!

If anyone is interested in this kind of deck in wild.i highly recommend this list:

### Combo Quest
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Crystallizer
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Plague of Flames
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 1x (1) The Soularium
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Defile
# 2x (2) Expired Merchant
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (4) Cataclysm
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAEBAa35AwTO6QKPggPQ+QOE+wMN58sC8tAC+v4C/aQDnakDtbkDm80D184DkuQDk+QD8O0DvfEDg/sDAA==
#

Mulligan for armor vendor, crystallizer, and touch of the nathrezim vs secret mage. The rustrot viper is just sorta there, it could probably be anything though. I'm considering swapping it for secret hate given the prevalence of secret mage.

Mulligan for crystallizer, runed mithril rod and hand of guldan vs everyone else.

Essentially you want to get to a point where you have 3-4 hand of guldan in hand and an empty library, typically around turn 6-7 then cataclysm and deal between 50 and 100 fatigue damage to your opponent in a single turn. With cost discounts on backfires and soularium you can even hit 20-25 overdraws sometimes in a single turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

How do you wild pirate warrior people ever win against quest warlock?

I’ve been playing mostly quest warlock and I’ve lost 1 time to a pirate warrior and won every other game vs them. All I have to do is land any combination of 2 defile or plague of flames and the deck just folds completely.