Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

gandlethorpe posted:

Is Sun-Bacon Relaxer as nonsensical a name to WoW players as it is to non-WoW players?

Nah, it fits a couple of the Quillboar tribe names in WoW (Razormane, Thornback, Briarback, Death's Head) and then has a class/job (Necromancer, Warrior, Spearchucker). It just so happens to be using a joke tribe and joke job/class.

It's literally a Relaxer from the Sun-Bacon tribe of Quillboar, who presumably are some sort of tropical island based tribe.

Like, it's just a joke about Death's Head Necromancers and Razormane Warriors and so on and so forth with a much funnier idea for a tribe and name.

Like how one of the Orc Tribes is the Flowerpickers (in contrast to the Burning Blade and the Frostwolves and the Windsong and the Shattered Hand tribes).

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 05:05 on May 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Also there's a card explicitly designed to draw the Old Gods in wild that draws a 10 mana monster, you got them for free with Whispers if I remember correctly?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Beast Hunter should be best Hunter tbh, it's my favourite midrange synergy decklist.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Outside of however good the game mode actually will be, that art for Tyrande is real bad at telling like, anything about her character?

Also the Lich King art being paladin Arthas is incredibly goofy.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

PneumonicBook posted:

If the mercs are on your team whichever ability you choose will go off first, which is why it seems like the left one goes first all the time.

That’s interesting and probably could have been helpfully explained in some sort of tutorial.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Mayveena posted:

In Mercenaries can someone explain Natalie Seline to me? What is Anathema and Benediction and how do I get them?

They’re her level 15 ability, they swap between the two modes every time you cast it.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, this is going to be a really stupid question, but which of the free legendaries is Alliance and which is Horde?

I ask because, well, I play Hearthstone but I never played WoW. Ever. I bought a copy and a 30 day time card, then gave the activation code(s) away to someone in Goonswarm who decided to win EVE.

I mean, Vanndar's battlecry seems to be the most valuable and impactful. If Drek'Thar's battlecry was "Discover and Summon 2 of them," that'd be different.

The Orc Drek'thar is Horde, the Dwarf Vanndar is Alliance.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Starsfan posted:

https://twitter.com/ZeddyHS/status/1478987118571491328

It's funny how everything is on a 2 year cycle lol.. Everything comes back around again, the problem is the Hearthstone balance team doesn't seem to have any institutional or long term memory.

I would suggest it’s because they don’t actually have an institutional or long term team, as a possible explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Brian “Brian ‘Kibler’ Kibler” Kibler

Brian "Please don't call me Brian 'Brian Kibler' Kibler" Kibler