Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Toebone posted:

There's a libram-less secret paladin at the top of HSReplays charts with a 70% winrate over 18,000 games. I think paladin maybe needs another tweak.

It's the real deal. I started at Diamond 7 0 stars today intending to clear the weekly and streaked to Diamond 5 5-0, managing to beat a spell mage (who Lunacied on 3 with coin but then proceeded to find nothing so he probably shot himself in the foot there), two other secret pallies with different decklists, and a couple of control warlocks on the way, one that even threw all his removal at me but whose back against the wall from the start and couldn't play either Tickatus of Jaraxxus because he would have lost right away, meaning I was able to draw into my second Conviction in time and blow past his desperation Strongman from Y'Shaarj to win. (I think I started with both Swords in hand - was on mobile, so sorry no replay.)

I then played another game because I couldn't remember if the star bonus disabled at Diamond 5 (spoiler: it does) and beat a hunter to go to 6-0. I'm not sure you *can* hit anything else in the deck at this point short of making the Sword a 2-mana 1-1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

You could always play Classic mode where priest just sucks!*

* except when they can stick a Blademaster and CoH/(PW:S/)DS/DS/IF your face

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Devo posted:

They need to print some poo poo one drops. First day of school is just way too good right now.

I've gotten Safety Inspector and Soulbound Ashtongue off of it enough times that it pisses me off. Sometimes at the same time. When I'm holding the Coin.

Ashtongue is OK if you also have Hand of A'Dal in hand (haw) but Inspector has got to be the worst card in the game.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

The Battlegrounds experience:

Get your rating to just short of 7000.
Over the next week, see it sink all the way to 6000 through either facing insane highroll after insane highroll while building a solid midrange, or losing multiple sub-20% rounds in a row where winning one of them would have tipped you over the edge when it looked like you were on your way to your own highroll.

Clearly, a study of contrasts.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the secret of battlegrounds is that the higher MMR the less fun the games are by a staggering amount; just concede a bunch of games until you’re down to like 4-5k and have fun again

This is what I ended up doing. To be fair I also had the motive of clearing out achievements (lol) because some heroes are just impossible to win with at higher MMR (Sindragosa in particular was something of a white whale). Even so I inexplicably still don't have Top 1 for Al'Akir and Rakanishu despite that I know I've won with both of them before the cheevo patch.

Also I managed to clear the 60/60 Tabbycat achievement, which no way in hell would I even try at competitive levels. All that's left other than brute force # of wins is Ruler of Threes (unfortunately I only managed a 9-triple game before the Khadgar/Brann nerf so this one is gonna be a pain to get) and brb (maybe possible if I keep tanking).

edit: knocked out Ro3 with Jandice after barely missing it with Millhouse due to forgetting that I had a gold minion I had on the board (because it was the same minion) I could have sold, noticing too late, and running out of time before I could move my hand fast enough to do it. Glad that's over. The only challenge cheevo left is brb.

edit 2: got brb. now it's Rakanishu turning out to be my white whale

edit 3: I edit old posts because it's not worthwhile to bump with my complaining

Get Rakanishu in a low MMR lobby. Proceed to get THREE opponents who all go Dragons AND get gold Whelps and blow me off the board. I can't even.

edit 4: finally got it against a mech Greybough who took the advice to never level off of Tavern 4 as mechs a little bit too much to heart when faced down against 2 monstrous cleaves. Thank gently caress.

Navaash fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 1, 2021

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Pardot posted:

I wish there was a random portrait option like random card back.

Wish received, everybody gets an Amalgadon hero. That takes 10 slots in the collection because there's some weirdness with the portrait code that doesn't allow a single portrait to be multiclassed.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Turn 5 Lightfang still pretty good.

Turn 3 roll was 3 of the sell-for-3-gold pirate so I stalled for a couple of turns to level to 4 and greed the triple. Other choices were Noz and the windfury pirate. Once I stabilized on turn 8 I never faced any serious threat. I realized I'd won outright when with 3 players left my bye-bye emote to the player I was KO'ing didn't take, meaning 3rd place was killed by the ghost.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

sirtommygunn posted:

The first 6 turns you can basically play on autopilot if you don't have a strong hero power for the early game. Buy a minion turn 1, preferably one that generates a token in some way, upgrade turn 2, on 3 sell one of your tokens and buy 2 minions, buy 2 more on turn 4, upgrade and buy a minion turn 5, upgrade turn 6. Before this point, don't bother going all in on any tribe, its only the 4+ star minions that are worth building around. Find a good one and figure out if you want to go in on a specific tribe or go for a menagerie build.

Adding to this, if your initial turn 3 (the 5-gold turn) shop is incredibly bad it's always an option to sell and go directly to T3. You have to spend turn 4 on T3 in that case because the upgrade cost will be 7 and you'll only have 6 gold and no minions, but it can be worthwhile with decent luck, as evidenced by how two good T3 minions on turn 3 with A.F. Kay can carry you for a while.

You want to be on T4 by turn 7 (the 9-gold turn) at the latest because the T4 minions are mostly better than T3 and you can triple into T5. Speaking of triples, it can be worthwhile to triple into a T3 minion if your start is extremely good, and otherwise you want to triple into T5 or T6 minions. NEVER triple into T2 or T4 minions, it isn't worth it.

Similarly, you want to be on T5 by turn 10 unless you're playing Mechs or Taunt, which prefer to stay at T4 to find their pieces. If you want to *win* (take 1st, not just finish top 4), you need to find your way into an endgame comp that isn't demons or mechs (as neither of those tribes has a consistent endgame state), or scam a win by running 4-5 poison minions + gold Selfless (preferably taunted) + gold Rivendare.

The higher level you get, the more likely it is that your final opponent(s) will hate draft to deny you your last one or two combo pieces if they sense what you're trying to do and all your pieces aren't quite in place. This isn't very common, though.

Try to avoid board locking yourself unless you're at endgame i.e. always try to have one slot open that you can safely sell without making yourself vulnerable/screwing up your comp. Getting board locked is distressing because you're at that point trying to donkey roll into a triple just to be able to play other cards.

Also the higher your rating gets the more likely someone will have an insane highroll and you're just hoping to avoid getting matched to them until the endgame.

Oh, and PAY ATTENTION TO SEE IF YOU'RE MATCHED AGAINST A GHOST! Especially if the ghost went out early, it gives you a safe turn to either upgrade your tier or to roll more safely to find something you need. This is risky at top 3 however and it's not that uncommon for a player to die to the ghost (affected me both ways).

One slight interface spoiler. If you have emotes available, once the round starts emotes will not transmit after the initial second while the board is filling if the end result is that the game is over. If you're down to one other player and you can emote freely during combat, neither of you died.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Other points:

Bans affect what threats available in the game. Pay attention to these in particular:

- Cleave is beasts and mechs only (with pseudo-cleave on elementals). If all three are banned, no worries about cleave. If beasts and mechs are banned, elemental cleave only affects you if there's any overkill.

- Divine Shield is on quilboars, dragons, elementals, and mechs. The only non-tribe DS (discounting Amalgadon) is Bolvar and he's terrible.

- Tokens are beasts, murlocs, and elementals (elemental is a pseudo-token since they both aren't on board at the same time). If all three are banned, heroes without built-in economy are at a major disavantage.

- Poison is on beasts and murlocs (buffed with Toxfin). If both of these are banned, the only sources are Poison Spore (easily countered, but can be threatening in the hands of a George) and Amalgadon.

- Beasts have no natural taunts anywhere.

- Dragons have no deathrattles.

- Both Majordomo and Lil'Rag can buff non-elementals. This has a few edge uses.

- Having a demon on board can be useful if you roll into Soul Devourer since it's basically a free buy.

- If your desperation T5 triple gives you that +2/+2 taunt buffer, a Faceless Taverngoer, and a tribal minion that isn't what's on your board, you probably lose.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

It took something like *6* hours of play for me to get 5 ranked wins at the start of the month using Secret Paladin. Just kept getting unbelievably bad draws/perfectly countered/etc. One game I got a spell mage to 1 early and he got almost all the way back to kill me, only to accidentally cast AI on what looked like the turn where he was going to kill me (after playing like 14 cards already that turn) and fatigue killed himself.

It doesn't help that I play in the Americas and my playtime is typically overnight hours in the US because I live in Japan so I don't get Joe Average, I get ghostface killas over and over again.

At least Battlegrounds are a level field and I'm pretty good at that.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Once you're down to no additional star bonus in ranked it should switch to people who are on the same rank as you, iirc. This only applies to ranked as casual continues to use your hidden MMR regardless.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I swear finishing 5th in BGs is one of the worst feelings you can have in this game.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

DeadButDelicious posted:

Can someone bring me up to speed on why Shaman is just reviled? Is there some history of them or is it because they're the current hotness, because I'm having so much more fun as elemental shaman than I was with secret paladin. Also I can actually win against control warlock compared to when I play token druid.so that's nice.

TROGGS RULE!
Would you like some fish? *summons 3/4*
4 mana 7/7
1 mana 3/3 weapon
etc.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

Been running this -Thalnos +Anetheron and it’s super strong. Got burned to 1 by a face hunter and then just bristle back chained my way up to around 20 and set up lethal while he had no more resources

♪ Look at this bristleback ♪
♪ It's gonna help me make a comeback ♪
♪ Took all that damage to the head ♪
♪ But Rexxar didn't quite make me dead ♪

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Is there a goon approved updated battlegrounds guide to end game builds?

Quick thoughts I'm dumping right before I go home for work on a Friday. It really depends more on which hero you have as some are less effective with a subpar HP, but in general:

Beasts: Macaw + Goldrinn + 1-2 Hydra + Baron + flex slot + any taunted minion (taunted Goldrinn would be preferable)
- Leapfrogger: Macaw + double taunted Frogger + token Rat + Mama Bear + Baron + flex slot
Both of the above builds you want to snake reborn one of the key beasts to get more procs.

Demons: 2 Urzul Devourers (don't triple it, it's a trap) + 2 Bigfernal + the T6 bat that causes stat hoovering + flex slot + Doomsayer (until you think you're at a point where you don't need more minions, then throw down whatever - Selfless Hero would be best).

Dragons: Nadina + 1-2 Tarecgosa + Prize Drake + 1-2 Kalecgos + flex slot. Alternative Dragons: Nadina + 1-2 Kalec + Pyrodrake + flex dragons (preferably Razorgore, but the evolving chromatic drake will do in a pinch if you've had it since early game) + rotating BC slot (wins you games vs. other heavy DS boards). Ideally one of the Kalecs is taunted for cleave protection. If you get Nadina early, don't drop her until it becomes necessary as it will likely boardlock you.

(edit) Elementals: Oh, I forgot about these guys. Losing Garr hurt because it got replaced by the worst T6 minion they've ever printed. However, if you can get an early Rag and also pick up the refresh elemental and the T4 pseudo-Nomi along the way, you can get yourself into a good spot.

Mechs: Omega in the 1 slot + 2 Deflectos + 2 Mecherels + flex + something in the 7 slot with magnetized DS to guarantee that the Mecherels get DS right away, best case would be a 2nd Omega. Depending on opponent's composition, a cleave (pref. Foe Reaper) may by needed.

Murlocs: I've won with the dumbest board ever and I wish I were at home so I could post it (something like 2 gold Flexfins that got the maximum benefit from a tripled Brann, 2 of the T2 minion that increases Murloc health per play, one tripled Warleader, and a flex slot to cycle buffs). Otherwise you want to hope for a gold SI-7 loc so you can poison your entire board quickly and scam. Far easier to do with George for obvious reasons.

I'm home now; here's the board. Yes, they are all golden. The Ghoul was because I knew the last player left (a Shudderwock) had two golden Crackling Cyclones and I didn't want to risk them having scaled high enough to punch out 3 minions each.

Pirates: Either 2x Salty + 2x the new minion that gives +1/+1 per card added + 2 Hogger + flex slot, or the same old pirate exodia.

Taunt: Nothing much changed here.

Quilboars: Not sure. I haven't won off Quilboar since the patch and it may be the worst tribe now.

Navaash fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Sep 10, 2021

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

It's still possible to win if you can snipe Rivendare before the chaining effect of the deathrattles hits critical mass. The pro way is to find a Zapp Slywick. However if Quilboars exist in the lobby it's relatively easy to get him out of regular Zapp targeting range and then you either need gold Zapp or luck because of Rat Pack making it more unlikely.

I had a game last night playing Ysera that I dominated wire-to-wire until I got down to last 2 with a Galewing that had all the combo pieces together (Rivendare was not gold, but was buffed beyond regular Zapp range). I had 35 health to his 11 and 3 rounds in a row I could not hit the Baron to save my life, getting chipped at for 12/11/11 - Baron and 1-2 rats, leaving me with 1 health. Fortunately I found a Maexxna and reborn snake to slap next to my giant dragons, and on the last round found a spore. Zapp of course only appeared at the end of the 4th round when I was unable to buy him.

Long story short, I lucked out and won with a 10% win chance. The last minion left was my Maexxna, having been smashed by the last giant rat left but reborn, because Rivendare got plinked just in time (he didn't get hit at all either of the prior 3 rounds).

If he'd managed to find a gold Baron though, I lost, no questions asked. (edit: or if he'd leveled. He stayed on T5 for the entirety of the endgame, presumably trying to discover a 2nd/3rd Baron with Galewing's middle HP and otherwise unsuccessfully donkey rolling. If he'd leveled he would have done 13/12/12, enough to kill me and not give me the last round I needed to win.)

Navaash fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 16, 2021

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

On another note I wonder if/when they're going to put any of the removed heroes back in as-is or with reworks. Every other hero that had been removed previously has come back as they are now.

As a reminder to save the trouble of looking them up:

Bartendotron: [passive] -1 cost to tavern tiers
Giantfin: [1] all minions gain "summon a 1/1 loc" DR
Nefarian: [1] basically trigger Unstable Ghoul's DR at start of combat
Putricide: [1] target minion gets +10 attack for next combat only
Sylvanas: [0] mulch minion, adjacent minions get +1/+1
Tirion: [1] give all tribeless minions +1/+1

My quick opinions: Bartendotron's ability almost seems quaint when heroes like Omu exist and seems most likely to avoid a rework. Giantfin's is just awful in the modern game. Nefarian hard counters every DS strat on his own and would likely need a rework to make him unique (say, like Akamzarak and his use of secrets - get a spell based on the hero you're facing). Putricide's is generally too powerful with cleaves. Sylvanas is :lol: considering Mutanus exists. Tirion's would probably still be too overpowered since he could get stuff like Baron out of Zapp range in games without quilboars and also boost taunt comps effortlessly.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Adregan posted:

“Time walk?” Can you elaborate more on this?

Time Walk is a famously undercosted card in Magic: the Gathering that allows you to immediately take another turn after your current turn. Open the Waygate has a steep condition before you even can receive the card with that effect so it's not quite in the same league.

Basically, if you dump your entire hand than play Illucia, your opponent basically has a dead turn (unless what they draw out of your deck is lucky enough to lethal you), which with the exception of bumping minions is figuratively the same effect as Time Walk.

Funny thing is that the original wording of Time Walk during pre-release playtesting is "Target opponent loses next turn.", but was changed when the designers realized the playtesters were reading it as "pay 2 mana, win the game".

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Sometimes you have a completely ridiculous game.

(bans were beast/dragon/pirate)

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Quotey posted:

this is third hand but there was a dev in dog's twitch chat that talked about it. i can't remember exactly, but it either added a pirate of the current tier to your hand or the board after upgrading (can't remember which), and that was judged as being too strong, so they nerfed it at the last chance before release. and i guess they nerfed it too hard. that's why its golden version has lower stats than it should have, they never fixed that

i guess it would be too strong going to tier 5. it was not a pirate itsself though, or at least wasn't going to be released as a pirate.

Basically it would have been a 50/50 at T5 to find Hogger and a guaranteed Eliza at T6 (or 50/50 Eliza/Amalgadon, depending). Funny thing is, with how insanely overpowered demons/beasts have been, I don't think it would have been enough for pirates anyway. You were still pretty hosed if you didn't already have two Salty Looters on-curve.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Did the PC client get a lot more crashy with the Mercs patch? Have had 0 up until the recent patch, and have had 4 CTDs in the last 5 days.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Finally! I am done with this game mode!

Here are my full stats. Ignore that the top 4s don't add up to 1000, there was a bug for a while where they didn't show up on the mode screen but still registered in the achievement system. (The system says I have 261 1st places, for example.)

This mode has driven me to madness sometimes. Getting great starts only to slam headlong into the super high roller who blows you off the board and into the loss column, or losing every round right up until the board clicks and you proceed to do the same to everyone else. I only managed a perfect game twice.

The weird 21-game win streak was a game in which I was in a bugged lobby where nobody else was actually at their keyboard but not disconnected so I decided to have a little fun with it. My highest legit streak was 13 on the second time I got a perfect game.

Now I'm grinding Mercs. :v:

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I... think I'm not going to get the mega preorder this time (still going to get the regular one to defray crafting costs). I have 2.5 good reasons and one petty one:

1) I have ~25K gold
2) I have 100K dust (and ~17K from cards I haven't dusted)
2.5) I 100%ed the BG achievements before the Sneed/Cookie patch and am pretty burnt out on it
3) gently caress VANNDAR (petty because I only played Horde in WoW)

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

My son almost always has best luck in pack openings, but this time he whiffed with only 3 legendaries in about 89 packs. Fortunately one was the Tavish hero which I wanted most from a fun-to-play standpoint, but still. At least I'm right near the pity timer for when we can buy them with gold.

Are you me? I only got 2 legendaries in 64 packs, one being goddamn Vanndar on the 2nd pack, then Tavish 36 packs later, then timer sitting at 26 at the moment. I looked through my records from the last few expansions and I usually had 4-5 legos by 60-odd packs.

Not that it matters since I'm going to craft most of the set anyway, and also have 32 Wild packs that I can open from a previous purchase once it goes live (since I have every card otherwise).

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

290 291 :shobon: I played a hell of a lot the last 3 months, including grinding out BG achievements, do every single daily/weekly, and commute a lot, so it's not terribly surprising. Tavern pass from right away.

Blasmeister posted:

Any mercs knowers able to tell me if this task is what it's asking me to do? and any tips to achieve it? Rath has no ways to increase demon health I can see

Use Mannoroth's ability 1 to increase demon Health. Set up with Cookie fish.

edit: gained one more level before reset from just grinding mercs so as to not trip any quests on the board

Navaash fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 7, 2021

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Odd question but is the current patch bringing weird stability issues on the OS level? My phone is an Xperia 5 (a phone likely only really sold en masse in Japan) and twice now I've had extremely weird things happen "tabbing" out of the app on the current patch, such as completely losing the notification bar and lock screen suddenly going fullblack (I was only able to get back in because I have the Android equivalent of Touch ID to get back in) but otherwise suffering no loss of functionality. It's only happened while playing Hearthstone (specifically Mercenaries) and has required a phone reboot to fix both times.

I only bring this up because this has never happened prior to the current patch.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Shockeh posted:

Came 2nd just now against a Tickatus with SEVEN Dread Admiral Eliza's, which I feel must be hosed up somehow.

(2 Golden, 1 Regular)

Lucked out with Tony in previous rounds before facing you?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Couldn't get over the top :negative: Stalled out at 2 stars and just couldn't make it over, dropping to D3 + 2 stars before giving up.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Starsfan posted:

you'll get it next month for sure! The exact same thing happened to me the first time I got close to legend. What deck were you rolling with?

Pirate Warrior in Wild. Probably the easiest deck ever to play. A variant that uses 2 Cultist Neophytes to disrupt non-Pirate Warrior decks - I'm aware it does hurt to draw them in the mirror but most of the time it didn't burn me.

I went 3-7 once I hit 2 stars, losing to a Warlock who ran Mecha'thun OTK, 3 Warriors who got better draws (including one who drew the nuts on turn 3), a shadow priest who drew both Voidtouched Attendants by turn 4, a hunter who drew the one Powershot in his deck on turn 2 (which was the only thing that could hard shut me down at that point), and a C'Thun druid who had 27 armor early that I still could have conceivably killed on the last turn if I'd lucked out and gotten Smite + Gorehowl, but it wasn't to be.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Starsfan posted:

Just played a cheater mage on standard ladder, glad to see that delightful technique has made it's way over from Wild.

Really not feeling this meta, I think it's going to be a break for me until they get this trash sorted out.

**and it's not just the cheater mages.. I don't particularly enjoy playing against Thief Rogue either which seems to be around 40% of the players at the moment.. what happened to the Libram Paladins, I picked my new deck partially to counter them :(

You're talking about the animation hackers, right? It's far too easy to tell because they're doing way more actions than should be possible (by quickly clicking away every action as it happens and the turn timer goes like 30 seconds past when the fuse should burst) Especially when they do it on turn 8, they shouldn't have anywhere near enough time under normal circumstances.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Jedit posted:

Winner of a game gets 20 honour, doubled if his opponent was from the other faction. Loser gets 10.

Well, 0 if they don't meet the criteria to get quest credit. I've had to be careful about this over the last month plus since (for example) being at 15 health + 2 armor on turn 6 staring down lethal with no out + concede = no honor gained.

fake edit: obviously neither gets honor in unranked Constructed or Tavern Brawl, but just in case anyone wasn't aware.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

It's official, Alliance won the AV event.

Have fun Alliance players who thought they were going to have a free diamond Drek deposited to their account.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

I crafted gold Scabbs at the start of the expansion and pulled a duplicate from free packs later since I already had all the cards by then.

Which I snap dusted.

I'm starting to feel really silly about that decision.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Cheaters gonna cheat. There's no way anyone can actually get through all the animations without the hack.

Insane drat draw luck aside. What are the odds?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Starsfan posted:

In other news, a PSA for any goons looking into trying out the new Duels updates:

https://twitter.com/HiMyNameIsJudge/status/1486195726891819009

Putting Drek players into Hearthstone jail because he lost the AV event is taking it a bit too far, innit? :v:

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Not liking this meta. I'm having genuine trouble even clearing the "win 5 in ranked" weekly.

edit: true to form, complaining on the forums worked

Navaash fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Feb 27, 2022

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

GTO posted:

I wonder if this will make it easier to play apm and otk decks on mobile? Playing on mobile definitely feels like a disadvantage sometimes not even including the whole absence of deck trackers there.

The bigger issue is the framerate pacing (not sure the exact term). Let me explain: on mobile it's generally locked at 30 FPS but while you're dragging around cards/touching a 'hot zone' the framerate becomes 60 FPS, presumably to avoid touch responsivity issues.

To observe this effect in action, for example, play Battlegrounds and swish and hold your finger around the hero portrait as the game is moving to the combat phase. If you're in the right spot, everything will be 60 FPS while your finger is on the screen. The moment you let go, it returns to 30 FPS.

Now while it is possible to unlock the framerate on Android with a line in the config file, it's not advisable because of overheating issues due to how unoptimized Unity is with mobile devices. With an unlocked framerate my phone (a Sony Xperia 5) gets noticeably hot even with the brightness turned way down, eventually resulting in the processor throttling and the game dipping to barely playable levels. Maybe this is less of an issue on phones with better heat dissipation, but you can't unlock on iPhones for obvious reasons.

RatHat posted:

Ugh legendary quest chain makes you play Mercenaries

I feel like I'm one of two people on this entire forum that likes Mercs.

(ignore the all-but-2-mercs-maxed collection looming behind me)

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Amoeba102 posted:

Also, they changed the tavern brawl after one day.

DH was far too consistent. I had something like a 76% win rate - as long as you mulliganed for at least one of Skull, that card that draws 3 costs only 3 mana if you drew it that turn, or Acrobatics in your opening hand, it was generally too easy to fish for your Blur or Relentless Pursuit then play almost your entire deck and win on turn 1, even going second. You only lost to a druid going first (and even then they don't have quite the consistency, they can easily get a hand with no draw/armor gain and just die), a paladin who threw down the heal 8 8/8 DS taunt, or a mage who got Arcane Artificer/Molten Reflection/draw spells in their opening hand.

It was fun while it lasted though!

Also, in Battlegrounds, they removed Murloc Tidehunter. So that got rid of one of the tokens. I believe that now if pirates/elementals/beasts are banned that means there are no economy units in that game now, yes?

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

Not a bad haul for opening just the 80 + 5. Golden Leviathan out of the gold packs (super lucky), then Radiance, Commander Sivara, Crabatoa, Gigafin, and Sir Finley, which is free dust vis-a-vis tavern pass. Much better than my Fractured packs for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

PneumonicBook posted:

If you bought the diamond one you should get $100 back right?

I think it was $30. I mean, I bought mine with gold anyway because I have a huge excess of it.

IMO the issue is exacerbated in part due to the Drek/Vann contest. The cool kids who picked Horde (like me) already got him as gold, but I wanted the diamond card anyway. However, the majority of the player base picked Alliance, it's been discussed here and elsewhere that some of picking Alliance was attemptrng to game theory getting their desired card (diamond Drek) without doing anything except oops, all Alliances!

So while everyone got the diamond Vann dropped in their lap, there were still a fair number of people that wanted their diamond Drek. (It actually showed up in Mercenaries first, but you can't craft it and it's a very low chance to get due to how drops work there, and I will admit I giggled when I saw it.) Blizzard ultimately obliged - but the fatal mistake was offering it for money, since 3K gold is not a trivial amount to grind out. Voila, one hot mess, served cold.

It also didn't help that they only offered the diamond card after the rotation, when he became a serious problem in Standard.

I think one of the devs has suggested giving people who bought it with cash something of equivalent value in the future like the next tavern pass + a hero skin in the event they nerf it, but that's still going to suck for people who plopped down the big bucks since they wouldn't see it for a while - if they don't quit.