Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Regalingualius posted:

Getting in on the ground floor again.

Secret mage is gonna be even more fuckin nuts than it already is in Wild.

I always thought Secret Mage needed some more loving water elementals i mean good forbid you ever wanted to gain board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Acerbatus posted:

Is wildfire +1 hero power damage for the rest of the game? That could be realllly good.

Be interesting to know if it's a persistent aura so if you swap powers it'll stick too. FLJ at 3 damage would be something

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Julio Cruz posted:

if you play FLJ and then play Wildfire I don't see why it shouldn't work

More wondering if it works like Raza, so the effect persists after the swap (also, why the hell don't they make Raza not work like that, it'd be a sensible nerf for that godforsaken deck)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Gwaint posted:

I'm totally going to try and stack as many Wildfires as possible for Hero Power Mage when I've gotten over rejoicing at the resurrection of Crystal Core Quest Rogue.

I'm busting out Crystal Core again day loving 1. I want to harvest some pain.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Should I open my 31 classic packs today or next week. I was saving them to get all the new cards on rotation but I guess that doesn’t matter anymore.

Next week is technically better, you can unpack HoF'd cards then.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Beasteh posted:

Day one I am probably playing aggro secret paladin because lmao it looks almost as oppressive as Xmas tree secretdin back in the day

A secret paladin is early on my list of wild decks to try again. Gonna be a fun one to refine and work out!

Might even be Rhyssa's turn to shine for once...

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Mar 23, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
I am prepared for the unnerfing.

### its backkkkk
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Flybooter
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 1x (1) The Caverns Below
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
# 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
#
AAEBAaIHBJG8AobCAs/hAsPhAw3tAp8DiAXjBYgHhgmXwQLVjAO/rgOqywPV1AP31APn3QMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: I've altered this slightly - dropped Patches, both eviscerates, added a toggwaggle's scheme and 2 scalehide. I am prepared.

Mulligan for Raiding party, that will complete Core. Shadowblade might be a swap for Self-sharpening - it's mostly there to cheapen Cutting Class for More Draw. (And I guess removal/extra face)

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 24, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Edit: Also I have been seeing some disgusting stuff with Celestial Alignment :stare:

Wild is going to be FULL of druid bullshit combos day one with Celestial Alignment. I'm honestly amazed that card was printed.

The second copy can even work as a combo-breaker in return!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

World War Mammories posted:

I have no idea if it's still good but old quest rogue had a good time with vicious scalehide plus zola for an infinitely renewable source of minions, so maybe stick zola in there

Yeah, i'm still refining again, it's been so long since i've quested

Zola and DK are going in for value.

I kind of want to keep one weapon in at least to make the Raiding Party even better? Hmm, wagglepick is a bounce... choice made!

### its backkkkk
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Waggle Pick
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAEBAd75AwaGwgKA0wLP4QLD6gKJmwPD4QMM7QKfA4gF4wWGCZfBAvbsAtWMA7ulA7+uA6rLA+fdAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This feels more like its on the right path

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 24, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Gully Foyle posted:

I mean, not exactly since it fills your board, not just summoning 2. So if you play Neeru onto an empty board, you get a 5/5 and 5 3/2s. And then all the 3/2s you want. Feels much better than Nomi was, since you aren't as vulnerable to a single clear. I think there will be a deck that uses him well to finish off control v. control games, though I don't think that deck will necessarily try to rush to fatigue as soon as possible. Just put him in a Warlock control and use him as a finisher.

I could see him being really popular in something like Darkglare or Disco builds - just that last little whoomph of consistent pressure to get you over the finish line.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Olpainless posted:

Yeah, i'm still refining again, it's been so long since i've quested

Zola and DK are going in for value.

I kind of want to keep one weapon in at least to make the Raiding Party even better? Hmm, wagglepick is a bounce... choice made!

### its backkkkk
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Waggle Pick
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAEBAd75AwaGwgKA0wLP4QLD6gKJmwPD4QMM7QKfA4gF4wWGCZfBAvbsAtWMA7ulA7+uA6rLA+fdAwA=
#

This feels more like its on the right path

self quoting this

ahahahahahahaha Crystal Core is back, Flybooter was made for this

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Little thing you may not notice but is handy - the reward for old murk eye and the parrot is re-enabled now they're not Hall of Fame, so you might be able to get a copy of those if you weren't able to claim the quest before. (I now have two murkeyes, I guess?)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
I've just seen something potentially HORRIFYING.

Blademaster Samuro in Big Priest.

Hope you like having your board wrecked forever

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

L0cke17 posted:

Anyone playing quest rogue in wild: Try pen flinger out, it's an absolutely fantastic way to activate quest on turn 2-3 if you draw any of your cheap spells.

WAIT

that's absolute loving genius

i love it and hate it in equal measure

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

L0cke17 posted:

It loses like 70% of the time to secret mage, so it's fine.

EVERYTHING loses most of the time to secret mage, so that's not a surprise.

Quest Rogue DOES seem to be good at breaking the back of Big Priest though which is nice.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Holy moly, my son opened me a golden Mankrik, golden Samuro and golden mage legendary (10/10 deal 10 to all enemies if hero power used sufficiently). That's going to be 4 free legendaries from Dust.

You are a lucky sonofabitch. You've basically guaranteed a full set there. (The mage legendary is also looking super fun.)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Boatswain posted:

So the "2 random golden legendaries" of the megabundle we'll get Barren goes live?

Yup.

9 legendaries unpacked here, which was a slightly above average haul. 1 was golden. Still got a bunch of gold and the class packs to break as well on release.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Boatswain posted:

I ended up with 5, including a Golden Kergal and regular Samuro.

I ended up also getting a complete set of all legendaries + epics for Priest. Something that's been happening early in each expansion, it seems Blizzard is trying to tell me something.

Yeah, I had that happen too. Still don't want to actually play priest though!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

sirtommygunn posted:

Celestial Alignment is gonna get nerfed, not for being overpowered but because it makes the game miserable if it's at all viable.

It's one of the unhealthiest cards I've ever seen in this game. It's insane.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Well this is a fun deck.

### SPELLZ
# Class: Mage
#
# 2x (1) Ice Lance
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (2) Conjure Mana Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 2x (2) Research Project
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Flamewaker
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 1x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (4) Refreshing Spring Water
#
AAEBAf0EAu72AuXRAw6sAcABqwTmBJYF4xG0/AKfmwPimwP/nQPBuAPNzgOF5APR7AMA
#

Dunno about the cyclones, but they're fun.

Spring water is busted good.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

MuLepton posted:

The interaction with Emperor Wraps :psyboom:

I eagerly anticipate the trolden video where someone pulls off Grizzled Wizard on Uther then instantly 4 horsemans with the apprentice.

Oh, and the towers are all really, really good things to drop down as soon as possible and are definite snowballing cards.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Turns out there's finally enough support for Hero Power Mage to work out.

### hero
# Class: Mage
#
# 2x (1) Daring Fire-Eater
# 2x (1) Tour Guide
# 2x (2) Book of Specters
# 2x (2) Ice Walker
# 2x (2) Manafeeder Panthara
# 2x (2) Spirit of the Dragonhawk
# 2x (2) Wildfire
# 2x (3) Arcane Amplifier
# 2x (3) Pyromaniac
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Maiden of the Lake
# 2x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (4) Reckless Apprentice
# 2x (6) Coldarra Drake
# 1x (7) Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
# 1x (10) Mordresh Fire Eye
#
AAEBAf0EBJvTAsPqAqiHA9jsAw24E/AT3M0Czu8CpIcDrYcDzYkDiLYDm80D+84D5dED0+wD1uwDAA==
#

If you can get Coldarra and Maiden to stick (or even better, get them both Illusion'd) the things you can do are obscene.

Reckless Apprentice is an absolute top tier card as well. Shame that Ice Walker doesn't work with it though.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Regalingualius posted:

I haven’t tried yet, does the buff from Wildfire carry over to Frost Lich, or no?

It does indeed! It makes FLJ very, very dangerous.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

peer posted:

on turn 6 my spell mage opponent drew eight cards for a total of 0 mana and cleared my three-minion board

Refreshing spring water is one hell of a card.

It might actually outdo rigged faire game as Best Draw.

... With the sheer absurd amount of draw mage now has, I'm wondering if they have a viable Mecha'thun.

Oh, I've been having a delightful time with that wild hero power mage i posted up earlier. Wildfire'd FLJ FUCKS.

And theres little more delightful than people ignoring a mordred followed by you slamming Zola and Potion of Illusion after... You can feel the despair. Bet that rogue regretted double slamming Dragonqueen and everything down!

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Apr 2, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Who needs pyroblast?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

gandlethorpe posted:

Just had a warlock Siphon Soul my 1/1 at 19 hp. I like to think I really put the fear of double Krush in them. Unfortunately, 22 was exactly not enough hp against my topdecked Leoroxx and hero power.

5 ranks away from Diamond now :woop:

It makes me happy that you're making Krush work.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Whichever person popularised this loving Call to Arms/Watch Post/Weblord deck can get to gently caress. What an oppressive goddamn thing.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
I find it comical that Wild is probably in a better place than standard right now.

As an aside, Horde Operative is really good, makes a nice tech for deathrattle hunter. Love stealing someone's OMY and watching them burn their own call to arms.

Also, the official most comical game ever, with a highlander mage coin - ratting my Tonk out turn 1. Cheers!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

Something I didn't know - Evocation into secret passage means you keep all the spells.

Works with soularium too, and stops chaos gazer discard. And the shadow spell from DK valeera.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
I'm really surprised there's been no reveal of the planned nerfs yet.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Patches / Embiggen / Mark of the Lotus brawl is back.

So yeah it's whoever goes first wins

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

As expected, the tried and true Edwin, Secret Passage, and Counterfeit Coin completely demolish this brawl.

I remember popularising that one in this thread a bit ago... ahh, this brawl really is So Stupid. It IS fun though!

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Apr 15, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

NorgLyle posted:

My next pack is likely to push me over 50k dust. The only cards from Standard that I'm currently missing are Keywarden Ivory, Sayge Seer of Darkmoon, and Dark Inquisitor Xanesh (so... all largely terrible things). Is it actually time to go back and try to fill in some missing Wild spots? It feels like there's probably something degenerate to do with Hemet Jungle Hunter and I never recrafted Raza the Chained after the nerf. I've always wanted to screw around pointlessly with Noggenfogger and I never owned Aviana. Are there any really fun Wild decks that require obscure legendaries?

Sayge is a solid craft for wild as well. Raza will never be bad. Seriously, 50k means just craft for fun at this point.

But for the general discussion, no, don't dust old cards at this point unless they're obvious garbage, they're actively making sure older cards are still relevant nowadays.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

I really feel like Scabbs should have enabled some broken rear end poo poo by now at least in Wild but *crickets*

I'm sure something is waiting there. I would like to know how it works with Spirit of the Shark in particular. Rogue isn't hugely popular at the moment though it seems...

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 19, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Quote is not edit

Oops

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
I've been tinkering with my deathrattle hunter, because gently caress Mage.

### Rattle'n'roll
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 1x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Freezing Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 2x (2) Snipe
# 2x (3) Horde Operative
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 1x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 1x (4) Spiritsinger Umbra
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAairBAiXCLkNycIC8ZYDtpwDj+MD5e8DqIoEC64GgAf3DZzNAvD1AvKWA5+lA/uvA4PiA+7xA+SfBAA=
#

The secret package is mostly a giant gently caress You to APM mage in particular, but pretty good at stalling out aggro in general until you can start tonking.

I'm really liking Taelan as a tutor, it's a great card. Barak Kodobane will always fetch you a Nine Lives, and a couple of other useful things. Umbra is actually pretty good as a soft taunt as well, don't be afraid to drop her on 4/5 if you need breathing room.

Against mage, hunter and paladin, mulligan for your secret hate/copy; in general you want secret tutors in your opening hand, but always keep Tonk. Never, ever not Tonk. (And be prepared for a beautiful rage-concede if someone drops it on board with a rat for you!) Priest or Warlock, hold Sylvanas.

Face is normally the place.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Apr 26, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
I do feel that roping should take the time off your next turn, at least. Or, if you're in a point where there are no plays left (button is green) it automatically presses it for you after 5 seconds. That should cut down on malicious ropes.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

enki42 posted:

It does, doesn't it? At least if you actually let it run out instead of getting right to the end and hitting next turn, your following turn starts roping immediately.

Only if no actions were taken during the previous turn, and if you then take an action the instant rope resets. You can do some really dickish things with it if you're so inclined.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Flayer posted:

I concede when the opponent shows they have lethal. Occasionally you'll be surprised that an opponent just doesn't have the ability to generate 1 damage from hand or something else trivial and you can survive into an answer. I've even had opponents miss minions currently on the board just going face lethal but that's so rare it's not really worth the time playing it out. It's like Chess, I'm not going to make my opponent play out an endgame where I've lost by force just on the tiny chance they make an insane blunder.

I'll concede if it's something like Highlander Priest or APM mage where they've got the set up - or if it's just some turn 4 turbo aggro poo poo. You don't deserve to get the kill playing those.

An interesting or unusual deck, sure, I'll let them get the lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Flayer posted:

I think the whole fetish about "getting the kill" plays into a ton of toxic behaviours - a concede is as good as sending damage to someones face. The game has been played and won exactly the same. Generally if you are going to play a cool combo your opponent won't have anticipated it and you get to play it out anyway (although it does always surprise me that I never get a concede when slamming down Mecha'thun, like hombre I'm a Rogue who just destroyed my deck in 7 turns you think I didn't plan this?).

Everyone knows that conceding a mechathun or 4 horsemen kill just isn't done.