Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Yay new thread. When can I unpack my new cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

GTO posted:

Any other good standard decks with the unnerfed cards? Feels like it's time for a last blast on some off meta galakrond and highlander decks. I threw together a galakrond quest shaman and it felt reasonable.

Highlander Galakrond Quest Shaman is the way to go, really.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I got Scabbs and Kazakus and some other crap but those are the two I wanted. Have some gold and dust to fill in gaps if need be.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Same here, most of the time. But there are a few decks that are irritating to play agaisnt, whether I win or lose. Mainly wild mill decks and resurrect priest decks, plus a few other custom ones. In general though, most games are fun.

I don't wanna scare you away from the game nor tempt you to the dark side but playing against Res Priest always sucks.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

New Tracking and Flare are amazing lol.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Elysium posted:

Why are there so many goddamn Mill Rogues in wild? I just want to play my gently caress around Yogg deck and not be killed by drawing 30 fatigue. I mean, I am fine with being killed by 30 fatigue, but it's MY Yogg that's gonna kill me with 30 fatigue. I don't actually care if they keep my hand full and burn half my deck. It's just that end part where I don't even get to play out what's left in my hand because they had 27 bounces for their murloc. Why are there so many godamn bounces even?

I think it's just a "cheap" deck to assemble that works pretty well.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

gandlethorpe posted:

I don't care if it's an F tier deck, nothing is quite as satisfying as putting out multiple buffed Krushes in the same turn.

Decklist please!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

RatHat posted:

https://twitter.com/dogdog/status/1377282594958532610?s=20

Turns out Pen Flinger is still busted, who would’ve thought. It’s especially bad with the new Rogue card that draws every time you play a Battlecry/combo minion. The Rogue decks aren’t optimized yet but once they are Miracle Rogue will be cancer.

### PenIS LOL
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 2x (1) Prize Plunderer
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Sinister Strike
# 2x (1) Wand Thief
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Dirty Tricks
# 2x (2) Efficient Octo-bot
# 2x (2) Foxy Fraud
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
# 2x (3) Field Contact
# 1x (4) Scabbs Cutterbutter
#
AAECAd75AwKd8AOXoAQOzrkDqssDn80DpNED390D590D890DqOsDqusDq+sDkZ8ElJ8E9p8E958EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Boatswain posted:

What are you even discounting with Scabbs in this deck?

That is a good question and i'm not sure. Looks like I made a bad choice oops

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I only played one game of Casual and used Prime Warlock and they conceded on turn 3 and then rage added me to yell at me for playing a good deck in Casual and I didn't have the heart to tell them that you can play Wild decks in Casual too and they were definitely going to encounter much worse things.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

poo poo gets buggier and buggier with almost every new set.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I made this and sometimes it's hilarious and great and sometimes it fails miserably, questions, comments, suggestions, etc would be much appreciated.

### Polkelt Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 1x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
#
AAECAaKrBAL21gPK4QMOk7oDm7oDr7oD6boDp8sDy80D184DtNED4t4D+98D++MDougDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 2, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

Going to try this

It has been modified:

### Polkelt Priest
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Holy Smite
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (1) Wave of Apathy
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Dragonmaw Overseer
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 1x (5) Lorekeeper Polkelt
#
AAECAaKrBAL21gPBnwQOk7oDm7oDr7oD6boDp8sDy80D184DtNED4t4D+98DyuED++MDrYoEhZ8EAA==
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

It’s missing the priest prime

How did I miss that one lol thanks! Swapped a Wave of Apathy for it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

What's the go-to Control Warklock decklist looking like right now?

I based this off the 5 top rated on HSReplay, it should be pretty close to normal:

### Control Warlock
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Spirit Jailer
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 2x (3) Luckysoul Hoarder
# 2x (3) School Spirits
# 1x (3) Tamsin Roame
# 2x (4) Cascading Disaster
# 2x (5) Siphon Soul
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Tickatus
# 1x (7) Soulciologist Malicia
# 2x (7) Strongman
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 1x (9) Lord Jaraxxus
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, the Defiler
#
AAECAa35AwbP0gP83gPO4QPy7QOoigSFoAQMrMsDzNIDzdIDxt4D5uED9eMD+OMDkuQD9+gDgqAEg6AE56AEAA==
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hawkperson posted:

the more I play Secret Pally the more I'm convinced Conviction is gonna get a nerf.

Will you please tell me what decklist are you using? I'm not 100% happy with mine and would like to compare and contrast. Thanks!

### Secret Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Avenge
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Galloping Savior
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 2x (3) Crossroads Gossiper
# 1x (3) Goody Two-Shields
# 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 1x (5) Cannonmaster Smythe
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
#
AAECAZzhAwT8uAPK0QP86AOA7AMNysEDns0Dg94Dhd4DkeQDzOsDzusDz+sD4+sDq+wD2+4D6p8EyKAEAA==
#

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Hawkperson posted:

I pulled one off HSReplay that had a Knife Vendor and 2 copies of Rally! which didn't actually work very well, too slow. Pulled those out and added Kazakus and more secrets. Conviction has closed out most of my games, it's unfairly good when it hits 5 mana. Here's my list:

edit: I have Smythe and tried him but he's also too slow imo. Don't have the murloc prime

Thanks! Conviction is super super good. I've won most my of games with it as well. Smythe I can probably drop from my list for the second Goody. I was never too happy with him even though he would occasionally get me bodies on the board for Conviction.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

Try Murloc shammy, it’s legitimately a competitive Wild deck with all of the new support that they got from the recent expansion, and it’s comparatively pretty light on dust to craft.

What is your decklist for this?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Regalingualius posted:

### Custom Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Murloc Tinyfin
# 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
# 2x (1) Murmy
# 2x (1) Spawnpool Forager
# 2x (1) Toxfin
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (2) Firemancer Flurgl
# 2x (2) Ice Fishing
# 2x (2) Lushwater Scout
# 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
# 2x (2) South Coast Chieftain
# 2x (2) Underbelly Angler
# 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
# 2x (3) Nofin Can Stop Us
# 1x (4) Old Murk-Eye
# 2x (7) Everyfin is Awesome
#
AAEBAYHaAwLgBajuAw7bA6cIvxe3bJ3CAovOAoyUA7WYA8qrA5HkA5ToA7PoA93sA5XwAwA=
#

12-4 lol, I love beating the Secret Mages. Thanks!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Probably Friday/Saturday nights when people get drunk and log on.

This is my "i'm gonna drink a 12 pack gently caress you game" and I honestly play better sober. It's super boring that way though.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I just realized/discovered that giving Firemancer Flurgl poison with Toxfin can clear the board lol

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Meatbag Esq. posted:

I'll totally admit that I've basically been playing no-win con priest for like a year and a half now and it can be weird if you're not used to the playstyle.

Reported. Keep your sick filth to yourself.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

18 decks and I am bored with them all, gonna start playing no-win con priest.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

obi_ant posted:

If I'm a dirty net-decker and I only plan to play standard, would it make sense for me to dust all of my older sets? I have some cards from Goblins vs Gnomes, The Grand Tournament and Whispers of the Old Gods that I would love to get rid of and get some dust to build some other net-decks. I only noticed I had these cards when I was dusting my gold cards that I don't use. Also noticed that I have a bunch of Legacy cards, which used to be Core, I'm assuming I can dust these bad boys as well?

I was you about 7 sets ago before I learned that the real fun is in Wild and regretted dusting all my old stuff. Evaluate and dust on a card by card basis is the smart way to go. You can trim probably 2/3 to 3/4 of them but if you blindly dust them all you might look back and regret it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I tried out Guff and Guff kind of sucks?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

I'll admit I massively overrated Scabbs. I really thought he was gonna be the defining card of this expansion. Rogue just doesn't have enough good 3+ mana cards to make it worth it, I guess.

I really feel like Scabbs should have enabled some broken rear end poo poo by now at least in Wild but *crickets*

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Toebone posted:

There's a libram-less secret paladin at the top of HSReplays charts with a 70% winrate over 18,000 games. I think paladin maybe needs another tweak.

This deck feels like i'm cheating somehow. Highly recommend trying out before it gets nerfed.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I've only played a few games with it and I think the only thing i'm not sure I can beat most of the time will be the mirror match. It's obscene.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

This is the one I am playing. The one above swaps the Scorpid for Murgurgle but honestly I'm thinking about finding a way to add a second Scorpid because it's been awesome every time I've gotten it. Murgurgle just seems too slow?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Odysseus S. Grant posted:

If they have to nerf paladin (and let's face it, they probably do) I legit think one of the cards to hit might be crabrider? Like, a 1/4 windfury rush is just kind of obscene in how well it carries buffs, and making it a 1/3 keeps the ceiling, while both making it harder to get value trades with, and easier to remove.
Hand of Adal could also reasonably be hit, probably making it +1/+2?

Hitting the Crabrider would hurt non-Paladin decks. I think making "Oh My Yogg!" cost 2 instead of 1 would disrupt the deck enough to pull it down to earth.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Mr Beens posted:

You can't change the mana costs of secrets for obvious reasons

Change Sword to only pull 1 cost secrets then.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I am DesertBus#1367 and I will buy 15 packs (you choose the set) or the Crossroads Bundle for the first Goon to message me. Offer only good until I finish this 12 pack and pass out which is about 2.5 cans away.

Edit: Claimed!

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 20, 2021

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Apparently you need to have been friends for 3 days so sirtommygunn is getting 15 Scholo packs in 3 days at which point I'll probably do this again. It's real hard to buy more packs for myself when all I have left to collect is utter crap. Goons have been nice to me i'm gonna be nice to Goons. I don't believe in heaven or karma or any of that crap but I do believe that cracking packs open is super fun and being nice seldom backfires.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Wild or Standard I will try to ladder with the first deck anyone posts. I'm at Plat 8 in both. Tell me what to play please. I'm fine with losing a lot.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

stolen and very slightly modified from a firebat deck doctor video, not good but fun/funny, feel free to toy with it

### my cute demon babies
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Relentless Pursuit
# 2x (4) Burrowing Scorpid
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 1x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
# 2x (9) Ancient Void Hound
# 2x (9) Pit Commander
#
AAECAbn5AwLg5QOyoAQO2b4Dg8cD18gD/tED79UDxd0D8+MDkuQDwvEDgIUEg58Etp8E1J8EtKAEAA==
#

Here goes something! Wish me luck!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Y’all are insane. Alex has won me so many close matches. What the hell?? (I also swapped out the ogres for blessings last week)

Yeah Alex has been a deciding factor for me a lot.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

DeadButDelicious posted:

Aaaaargh I am so loving salty right now!

I started tonight as Silver 3 and things were going well enough that I was feeling good, soon I was at silver 1 and thinking hey I could get to gold tonight!

Nope.

3 times I was at promotion match and either through the decks I faced or just bad card draw I lost. Aggro DH, Secret Paladin and a Face Hunter. Then I went on tilt and made the mistake of saying that I'd either hit Gold or Silver 2. Well, five back and forth games later and an aggro Shaman knocked me down to Silver 2. I logged off at that point.

Probably seems silly to you folks - I've seen some of you say that you hit Legend or Diamond but I'm usually very poor at card games like this and token druid has been a lot of fun to play and done very well for me. Alright whining over I'll have another crack at it this weekend.

I've never made it much into Plat and I've been playing a long time. Just enjoy the game, worrying about winning and losing distracts from having fun.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

15 Scolo packs for sirtommygunn! I'll probably be doing this again in a few days so good luck catching the thread at the right time I guess lol

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Holy poo poo Twitch embeds now neat.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Secret Paladin has gotten me to Plat 8 but so far there seems to be no consistency among what I lose or win to. 69% (nice) overall win rate out of 42 total games. I'm seeing more and more Priest as I advance though and I feel like I may have to switch it up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Piggy Smalls posted:

I was a die hard priest but honestly went with control warlock and haven’t looked back. I feel
So bad for priest players. If you can outlast and clear their main minions they are left with trash.

What list are you running? I just lost to one and now I wanna join the fun.