Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I legit forgot about basically all of the stuff from the quiet year and was delighted they brought it back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Stroop There It Is posted:

Yes, because Clint rolled a 1 on the random encounter table of 100 possibilities that Griffin made

I was wondering if the squid was a juke

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Empty Sandwich posted:

I was wondering if the squid was a juke

Yes? The squid was the auction bouncer. It was always going to be there. The roll was them hitting a rock and picking up plague spores.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Zero One posted:

Yes? The squid was the auction bouncer. It was always going to be there. The roll was them hitting a rock and picking up plague spores.

didn't they fight that fellow on the way out, though? that's the only reason I was confused. or I'm confused about being confused.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Empty Sandwich posted:

didn't they fight that fellow on the way out, though? that's the only reason I was confused. or I'm confused about being confused.

Yes because he was the final boss of that mission. Not because they rolled a 1. Griffin did a masterful misdirection that even his brothers assumed it was the 1 until he literally said it wasn’t after they killed it.

On the naming of 2022: A lot of owl-based ideas in the first 5 minutes.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
I'm a bit behind on Either Sea, have they actually said what races the party are playing yet?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Acute Grill posted:

I'm a bit behind on Either Sea, have they actually said what races the party are playing yet?

They are all fire elementals op

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Acute Grill posted:

Clint's Zoox is a Brinar (sp?) but is being played as a Warforged. I don't think they've mentioned what race Amber and Devo are supposed to be.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I feel like Travis said Devo has half-elf stats at some point?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I'm not normally Stereotypical Max Fun Fellow but like

"this should be positive and actionable and uplifting but also trademarkable"

c'mon doggg

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Empty Sandwich posted:

I'm not normally Stereotypical Max Fun Fellow but like

"this should be positive and actionable and uplifting but also trademarkable"

c'mon doggg

The McElroy brand is all about ironic capitalism, but also 100% unironic.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Bip Roberts posted:

The McElroy brand is all about ironic capitalism, but also 100% unironic.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Does Ethersea seem to be coming to a climax? With D&D podcasts I prefer to listen to multiple eps a week and I don't wanna get started and then wait for a new upload every other week.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

grittyreboot posted:

Does Ethersea seem to be coming to a climax? With D&D podcasts I prefer to listen to multiple eps a week and I don't wanna get started and then wait for a new upload every other week.

It barely started

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

grittyreboot posted:

They've been posting weekly and it's a huge improvement to pace and continuity.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

goblin week posted:

It barely started

Yeah this, it looks set up to be a very long term episodic kinda thing rather than a big epic story, although I'm sure it'll have some sort of big epic conclusion in the end.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

They're doing dice rolls on roll20, right? Is the sound that plays the roll20 dice sound or is griffin editing in another? Just curious as it is an EXTREMELY SATISFYING dice sound

edit: I'm not caught up on ethersea yet but griffins thing as a dm this time around seems very choice/rolls and consequences for the setting. Maybe he'll do a balance thing though it's not the vibe I've been getting

I can see something like a finale where they meet all their friends again and see what changes they've made like a bioware game does

edit 2: just watched some of that rules stream Griffin did and I'm really impressed with how much thought he put into all of this.

Sankis fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jan 11, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i think ethersea is basically at the very beginning of the first Serious Arc

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

eke out posted:

Ever since they rolled that 1 out of 100 I've been really interested in the consequences - like as far as I can tell the original point of those rolls was for fun little random encounters before the substantial mission, so just how bad is rolling the worst possible thing on a table of mostly minor encounters? Is it change-setting-forever, lose-something-really-important bad? Is it define-the-plot-going-forwards bad? Or is it just like, really bad in the moment but also will be fixed in a couple of episodes and all good after that. I guess it looks like he's tending more towards very serious ongoing consequences, or at least the potential for them.

Anyway I don't think the campaign is meant to have Serious Arcs but I guess we'll see if this becomes one.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Travis rolling a crazy high roll to convince Hermine to shop at Nermals just about killed me.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

somebody upthread said those were sold out now, which makes me feel as though I owe someone five bucks

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I definitely said "no gently caress off Justin" during the naming episode because Travis was on the right track with 2022 who gives a poo poo

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

eke out posted:

It's been very good so far but I'm actually really worried because they love to get stuffy and boring with their big stakes plots.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

External Organs posted:

Travis rolling a crazy high roll to convince Hermine to shop at Nermals just about killed me.

It was a good bit.

Good Listener posted:

I definitely said "no gently caress off Justin" during the naming episode because Travis was on the right track with 2022 who gives a poo poo

As was this.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Happy twenty cummies too everyone

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Can believe they didn’t quite make to “Twenty Rendezvous: A Date With Destiny”

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Organza Quiz posted:

Ever since they rolled that 1 out of 100 I've been really interested in the consequences - like as far as I can tell the original point of those rolls was for fun little random encounters before the substantial mission, so just how bad is rolling the worst possible thing on a table of mostly minor encounters? Is it change-setting-forever, lose-something-really-important bad? Is it define-the-plot-going-forwards bad? Or is it just like, really bad in the moment but also will be fixed in a couple of episodes and all good after that. I guess it looks like he's tending more towards very serious ongoing consequences, or at least the potential for them.

Anyway I don't think the campaign is meant to have Serious Arcs but I guess we'll see if this becomes one.

i like that we're months in and they've literally never rolled any good one on that table lol (tho urchin was only very minorly bad)

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Yeah the top half of the table must be filled with great bonuses and loot.

Maybe if they roll 100 they get to own the Biggest Baby?

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

If they roll 100 nothing happens and everything is normal

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

eke out posted:

i like that we're months in and they've literally never rolled any good one on that table lol (tho urchin was only very minorly bad)

I like that Travis really really tried to make Urchin a part of the crew and productive and Griffin just wouldn't let him at all. Urchin just eats your poo poo, he is not a good helpful boy.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
In case anyone was interested--Fungies is not a "this works for both kids and stoned adults" cartoon.

Happy to goose the episode metrics for the brothers, but it was a long 11 minutes.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Nice to see griffo actually get stuff done in the latest Trial By Fieri instead on constant hotdogging.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I dunno what the gently caress they were thinking by passing up on Twenty Mummy Crew

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Acute Grill posted:

Travis has said his character doesn't need to sleep so some sort of elf but I think in the same section he also said half-elf which do need to sleep so who knows.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Does Justin’s Ethersea character voice ever get less grating or does everyone just get used to it?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

jeeves posted:

Does Justin’s Ethersea character voice ever get less grating or does everyone just get used to it?

The brothers talk dumb in every single one of their products

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The rest of the cast is playing chess and Clint McElroy is always playing Guess Who?

He's a treasure.

Edit: Also, Devo is in a bad way

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 13, 2022

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
That interrogation took a wild turn and Griffin just ran with it like a boss. Legitimately impressive stuff.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Very much enjoyed the name of the year ep and the extremely stupid name they landed on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

This campaign has gone completely off the rails over the course of the last two episodes. Let’s get spicy!