Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

Lester Shy posted:

I think the TV show was the last thing I really enjoyed from them. I never got into TAZ, and my interest in MBMBAM just waned as it got less and less funny until I gave up entirely in like 2018. I check in on Monster Factory now and then, but I feel like they could all benefit from taking an extended break from the content mines to reset.

I feel similarly. I just recently resubscribed to MBMBaM after about a year off, although I'm still only listening to episodes sporadically, and I only really average a few chuckles an episode usually. I firmly believe that 2012-2014 or thereabouts was the best era for the podcast though, and would love it if they could recapture that energy.

That said, I still catch Death Blart every American Thanksgiving, as god intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

I'm probably in the minority with this opinion but I can't see ever giving TAZ another shot if they went free-form Mission to Zyxx style. For me, having the PC's be constrained by the rules of the game is the most interesting part of this type of podcast, so without that what little interest I have left in TAZ would just evaporate.

I prefer D&D-based podcasts because I like and understand the rules to that system. I nearly fell off during the monster of the week campaign because I found that system so staggeringly boring, and I'd imagine I would feel that way listening to most non-D&D actual plays. I think D&D, despite it's many, many faults, strikes a good balance between an interesting system and a good medium for storytelling.

All that said, I'd love to experience a good Lancer actual play, but I imagine that ruleset would be too fiddly for a podcast.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

misadventurous posted:

i’m surprised at how much i’m enjoying his character and specifically character voice on TAZ, i was definitely “oh man this could get old” when i first heard it but it’s still pretty funny

I've been playing a dipshit bard with a bad French accent in a D&D campaign for like four years and to my surprise, my party hasn't yet exiled me for the dumb accent.