Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Lester Shy posted:

I don't hate Travis, but I do enjoy the Justin + Griffin or Griffin solo stuff about 1000% more than TAZ or MBMBAM. Also that Among Us clip is weapons-grade secondhand embarrassment. They should show it in schools to warn about the dangers of not shutting up.

Truck sim video reminding me how excellent their gameplays were

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASwnEtMF3fo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSTdrTalcaU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Barely remember that one, except that it was indeed good. I haven't watched any of those, including the ones I posted, in ages. Definitely my next stop when I'm in the mood for a youtube marathon

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I can't remember the context but someone on SA brought up that podcast as a recommend a while back and I thought "huh, sounds like a different flavor of The F+" but never checked it out, maybe not so much lol

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

A poster recommended this video in some other thread, it'll give you the gist of it in well under *looks up movie runtime* two hours? That thing is two hours long?! Anyway I'd never heard of these guys before, but they were entertaining and had a lot of fun with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZY_nerCFJ0

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

AndrewP posted:

huh didn't know this

it had kind of run it's course anyway

Also didn't know this, figured they just got busy with other stuff and set it aside. If true it's stupid as gently caress while being entirely on brand :v:

Agree that it was getting tired, but it's been a whole year. Would love even a brief revisit at some point. That's what introduced me to the podcast and kinda remains my favorite thing they've done

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

was listening to the year-naming ep while cooking and decided to ride out the terrible maxfun ad instead of the hassle of washing hands/touching phone... then they played a rare second one. that was a kick in the dick lol

I've somehow been spared whatever fanti is though, I think this is the first I've heard of it. god that show sounds awful

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

New monster factory loving finally, let's gooooo :dance:

Sivart13 posted:

like maybe if it was a twice yearly podcast I'd consider it

never

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Sankis posted:

im watching some old stream stuff, specifically this first stardew thing with Travis and griffin. Does this text to speech thing actually help anyone? It seems woefully inaccurate to the point where i can't imagine anyone needing it should be able to glean much from it. The auto-generated youtube stuff seems better.

I haven't watched those, but if you're talking about that thing that auto-generates speech to text I've seen other people using it and find it super annoying and distracting. I'm not a regular subtitle user when watching videos though so I can't speak for anyone who is. Agree that what it pops out seems wildly inaccurate

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

No, because I 100% forgot that guy ever existed, but you're not wrong. I did get some strong steve buscemi vibes there for a minute though :ohdear:

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I was on the fence about watching that movie but never did, mostly because the runtime seemed WAY too long for the premise to hold up

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I get they want to raise money, but I gave up on those episodes a while ago and skip them entirely. It was tolerable when it was a pitch here and there, but it's taken over the whole loving thing, no thanks

This is the only podcast I listen to on the network; have other show's drive episodes become this unlistenable or is this one the most egregious because it's the biggest and most popular? Guessing it's the latter

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Piell posted:

Naming of 2023 episode is out and is an hour and 25 minutes long, really wish they'd stop doing this bit because it's always tremendously unfunny

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The year-naming episodes are the ones I look forward to the most.

This seems a strictly "you love 'em or you hate 'em" tradition

Personally fall into the latter and hate having to hear about it but I skip the episode and it always tapers off a few weeks into the year lol

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Between the neverending munch squads and wikihow not really being funny to me (rip yahoo answers) and probably some mix of other stuff I stopped listening to the show 2 or 3 months ago. It wasn't a conscious decision, one day I just realized I had a bunch of back episodes and no real interest in putting them on

I know a lot of long-running shows can have rough streaks, so maybe it's that, or maybe it's just a me problem. Whatever this "sound bath" thing is has really piqued my curiosity though with that reputation lol

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Mods?!?!!??

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I haven't watched any old monster factories in a very long time, but I was cooking with ham and randomly remembered one of their characters doing something along the lines of swallowing the word "ham" and then no one could say it for a week

I remember that line being stupidly funny, what episode was it from? There are 85 videos on that playlist and I can't for the life of me remember, one of you has to have seen it recently enough to know

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Why so much content?!

A wrestling one does sound likely, maybe I'll check those out again. At any rate, it was a funny thing to remember out of nowhere and gave me a decent laugh

e: vvvvvv lol this isn't the bit I'm thinking of, but it's still great

flesh dance fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Sep 9, 2023

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

CainsDescendant posted:

Pretty sure the bit about Brock Lesnar eating the word Ham is out of the Pebble episode

Yes! Just rewatched it, the whole episode was amazing to go back to. And it came out.... eight years ago? Yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

GB thread was useful for keeping up with all the past members and their side projects because if they did anything worth checking out people would post about it. I don't follow them all by myself, it's too much

When I would check it I'd skim past a lot of the conversation stuff, but idk it didn't seem any worse than a lot of other threads on here

e: ^^^^yeah what they said