Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Bugsy posted:

New much squad incoming. No clue why it isnt called Peepsi.

ready to smash that skip :15 button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I like the Besties but now that I think about it I would rather just have Justin and Griffin do fun game videos a la the old Polygon vids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXxfabOa_Gg

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lol wow thanks PR person for just walking straight into that one

They should have been more careful about letting a first-time DM run an entire season of their (by then) huge show. Maybe collaborate with a seasoned pro or something.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Farecoal posted:

Having a non-McElroy DM sounds like a good idea to me for the next TAZ season, if there is one

agreed, hire someone who's good at this poo poo and let the brothers improv as characters.

point is, TAZ now is a huge part of their overall business and not the show to let Travis stumble through his first campaign

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lmao

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Pennsylvanian posted:

I think thumbnailface is just easier to self-effacingly wave off as being whacky or dumb when someone's worried that they don't have the confidence to do a camera-friendly smile.

yeah it's 100% this

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

Jeff's collection has been a running joke since Ryan was alive. they even did that game of the year video about it.

I'm sorry, is there a Jeff McElroy? and where does he rank among the brothers

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have a serious urge to get into woodworking, I just don't live somewhere that is conducive to it. My next house is absolutely going to be woodworking-friendly.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I think it'll be good. It occurs to me that I like Travis fine when the conversation stays fairly grounded. see: early MBMBaM

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Colonel Whitey posted:

I bet at least half the submissions are obvious stdh.txt monkeycheese nonsense

always have been

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

George H.W. oval office posted:

I wish they would take regular questions instead of goofy rear end poo poo that probably didn't happen. I know that doesn't lend well to comedy but I want them to come up with advice for more mundane poo poo again damnit

I definitely enjoy the brand of MBMBaM when they offer fairly normal advice interspersed with funny jokes

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yeah actually they will posted:

I have a theory that every raccoon is the ghost of a Confederate Civil War hero.

I gather this was a "question" at a live show? was this finally what made them change formats?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I listened to that episode hoping it would be full of Justin dunking on Monster Hunter and was disappointed to hear he enjoyed it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

eh most people seem to love it except me, but it's just because it's not the game I wish it was.

"monster hunting" is a great idea but they bury it in a million menus and complicated mechanics (which is why people love it I know)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Organza Quiz posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn might be the game you're looking for!

yeah! I bought this on PC and didn't play past the intro, I need to get back to it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lol those are great

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Android Blues posted:

Yeah I've definitely heard a couple of Upstart loan ads and raised an eyebrow. No idea if the company's a legitimate debt consolidation thing, or if they're as predatory as most short-term lenders targeting individuals in financial trouble.

Their website certainly sets off some warning bells - the stuff about how they'll give large loans to people with low incomes/bad credit based on their potential for future earnings could be actual altruism, or it could be the standard baiting the hook to put people into debts they have no realistic chance of paying off, which can then be packaged and sold on to other companies. Jury's out, though, maybe their business model is somehow different from that.

I think Giant Bomb is running them too so they must be putting out some serious cash

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

they should stop wasting their time trying to stay in the good graces of all these insanely difficult people on Twitter

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

They literally talked on the latest TTAZZ that scheduling just the four of them to get together is hard enough and that's why they don't want to take on long-term guests.

lol i'm sorry but didn't they quit Polygon to do this full time?

anyway I don't think they need to bring someone else in for inclusiveness' sake, I think they should bring in a pro to DM so they can Play In The Space without having to manage the whole drat RPG

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 06:59 on May 2, 2021

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Love the idea of asking questions to flesh out the story, I'm just having trouble keeping track of it through a podcast with the two maps, the project timelines, etc.

Also what is this 'plateau' Griffin keeps talking about?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

is Morty cringing at typical McElroy fans because that's pretty good

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Justin did at least admit that it's just something he finds personally entertaining and isn't going to stop, which I can respect even if I'm sick of it

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

military cervix posted:

There is no thing more powerful than A Streetcar Named Deez Nuts.

add it to the Travis Pantheon

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Colonel Whitey posted:

I think it only worked because of how hard Justin laughed at it

no way, it was a goddamned home run all by itself

the episode title did sorta spoil the joke, but I think I understand because how can you not name it that

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ivypls posted:

what's being described here is an offshoot of the 'otherkin' phenomenon, known as 'multiple systems.' an otherkin believes that they share their mental space with a fictional character, while multiple system otherkin believe they share their mental space with more than one

if I have a teen one day I'm gonna be watching out for this poo poo even more than drug use

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm imagining opening up the front cover to a fantasy book and seeing this

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Is there any indication Inscryption is coming out for console? I have zero appetite for sitting in front of my computer to play games these days

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sexpig by night posted:

but I think it's fair to say it's kinda funny that the dudes who stopped doing Monster Factory because laughing at a dude who's face is concave may offend the concave face community

huh didn't know this

it had kind of run it's course anyway

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I definitely pronounce it “twunny”, not TWEHN-tee. I’m from a state adjacent to WV so maybe it’s an east coast thing or my regional accent

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Very much enjoyed the name of the year ep and the extremely stupid name they landed on

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

"Dr. McElroy, care to comment on this so-called 'Glass Shark'?"

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

She’s got her work cut out for her.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/christian-revival-school-prompts-student-walkout-wva-82765607

quote:

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- Between calculus and European history classes at a West Virginia public high school, 16-year-old Cameron Mays and his classmates were told by their teacher to go to an evangelical Christian revival assembly.

When students arrived at the event in the school's auditorium, they were instructed to close their eyes and raise their arms in prayer, Mays said. The teens were asked to give their lives over to Jesus to find purpose and salvation. Those who did not follow the Bible would go to hell when they died, they were told.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

The most recent Besties episode puts a lot of things into perspective:

1)Justin is a very odd duck and even the show acknowledges it.

2)These boys are extremely horny for roguelikes.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but I think the reason Justin didn't like Outer Wilds is the exact reason that makes the game so great - it never tells you what to do. You get to experience the joy of *discovery*, which is just so rare. Any extra guidance makes that game worse (except for that One Thing)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gonna need to buy a ticket if you wanna see the 30 Under 30 Media Luminary,

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

also one time he switched his hospital waiting room number with a woman too bandaged up to protest and got to cut in line.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

The line I think about the most is the singsong way Griffin says "Daddy like a pretty baby? Ohhh nooo" while just destroying The Final Pam's face in part 1

if we're posting favorite bits ('cause why not)

"do you want to be demoted to Jeff?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC7zv__uvKQ

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I like Justin as the DM of this new Adventure Zone but I zoned out a lot when it got very mechanics and numbers-heavy. wish it had a tighter edit

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I can’t think of anywhere I’d want to move less than DC and it’s surrounding suburbs. Insanely expensive, horrible traffic and the city isn’t nearly good enough to make it worth it. All things being equal I’d easily pick Texas over DC.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I started Pentiment and so far I agree with Justin's assessment. I don't know if I have the capacity to get through this game even though I'm sure it is well written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I was under the impression he was gay but not for any good reason I guess.

This is the first TAZ that I haven’t fallen off of, Justin is very good at it