Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Good Listener posted:

I stopped listening to Graduation after the imp hospital, did it ever really do much with the weird sort of...theater/wrestling kayfabe of the heroes and villains or is just the setting and that never has really come into play?

Travis bit off far, far, far too much more than he could chew. I still think he's great at one shots, but he needs to limit himself to those. The Hero/Villian things hasn't panned out in any meaningful way, or maybe how it has panned out is...what he wanted?? I don't know, but he's great at one shots and should not run a full campaign again until he's had the chance to DM off microphone for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Shinjobi posted:

We've spent years of our lives, endlessly debating the potential devastation of a human/centaur war. Foolishly, we never stopped to consider the war that was right on out doorstep, with higher stakes than ever before. How much blood will be spilled in the chicken wars to come, I ask? When will the madness end?

Considering that the Chick-Fil-A that just opened in Shelby Charter Township in Michigan was backed up for what appeared to be hours and hours and hours when me and a friend drove by, the chicken wars will never end. Also we were both disappointed, but not surprised, that they were backed up so bad in that particular area of Michigan. Or any part of MIchigan, really. I'm sorry about my state :saddumb:

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

It's so sad to see Travis still try to force himself into this space. I know he is working on his narcissism, but god drat. That panel had better be him talking about his main-character-syndrome, and how to let go of it. It won't be, and it will be a train wreck, but I can dream.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

TAZ peaked in its first episode. (I don’t actually believe this. The introduction of Jenkins is the actual peak.)

Thank you for giving me a reason to post my favorite TAZ animation involving Jenkins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWPH9JyKCgw

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Shinjobi posted:

Thank Travis for Travis

Alaois posted:

how is he actually working on his narcissism other than acknowledging he's a narcissist

Hasn't he mentioned doing therapy to help manage it? I thought it came up in MBMBaM not too long ago as a passing joke, but I could be wrong.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Well, I'm sorry about the thread turning into whatever this is.

I'm only up to the end of the Auction arc in Ethersea, and I hope there are more ship battles. Griffin seemed to put a lot of effort into them, and I really enjoy listening to the ship combat parts.

There are a lot of TAZ side eps I'm looking forward too. Dadlands 2, Dust 2, whatever Abria, Lady of Chaos has in store. I won't hit Steeplechase for a hot second, but it seems the thread is in consensus that it's a good listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Piell posted:

The worst one was some sort of gameshow podcast where the hosts sounded more bored than any person I've ever heard

Dr. Gameshow. I like the concept of the show, but the ad read is so stilted and awkward I could never bring myself to listen.