Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Despite falling off TAZ hard after Balance ended I still enjoy a lot of McElroy content and lol at the old thread OP melting down and closing the thread. Griffin best brother, Travis is cringe, and Sydnee should not have yelled at the CBD guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Chick Fil A is fine. They have a signature sandwich that's tasty and iconic enough that everyone else is trying to copy them and expressing your politics through fast food choices is lame as hell.

Also no ethical consumption under capitalism anyway.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Lol new Besties is just Russ and Plante

edit: so thankful our excellent mod is here to protect us from the bad words, "soy face"

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 26, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

um excuse me posted:

You are an excellent poster in AI. Don't do this to me, man.

It's a bad probe IMO and while I appreciate the compliment the record will show i have never been an excellent poster anywhere. :v:

That said it's only a sixer so point taken.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 26, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Since the thread is the love zone i will say despite Travis being....so incredibly extra, when he hits it out of the park it's usually great. Ruin my box with crawdads, donut joke, the alf bit.

This is not a new point and has been brought up in this thread but I'll concede it.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Marsupial Ape posted:

I’m assuming this is a white trash couple living in a decrepit trailer. Cat hair and Naruto posters everywhere.

If "soy" is a sixer and "retard" is 30 days where on the probation spectrum does "white trash" fall, mod?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

nah, gently caress reddit

a person outing themselves as a redditor to me instantly diminishes them in my eyes, doesn’t matter what their niche is

Lmao

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Really enjoying the joke woodworking podcast more than I have MBMBaM in a while. Justin and Travis have good yes and energy with each other.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

some plague rats posted:

Read this sentence and felt my eyes physically glaze over

you should try reading past the fifth word and it's a good idea

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

never go full Travis

That said, would.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Yeah they should definitely just never tour again

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

It's a really bad song

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

if they need more revenue, why haven't they launched a patreon it would be like easy mode dollars for them

They're the only thing keeping MaxFun afloat. So yeah they probably should just get a patreon

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I listen to podcasts at half speed so everyone sounds drunk off their rear end

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Questions for you fast podcast listening freaks: How do you feel about blue water, chairs, and Bubsy 3D?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Gotta post some live for Sawbones as its really the only McElroy content I listen to anymore (incidentally my introduction to the brand as well)

The past few episodes have been pretty good and the latest on thalidomide educated me on a drug that I had heard about but had no idea what it really was or what it did. Good podcast. That said "pregnant people" will never not sound weird to me especially when referring to things that happened on the 50s and 60s. Just say women.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

:shobon: it just hits my ear weird idk. Like I don't hear it even in other medical contexts but I live in the south and am a dummy.

I thought it was more a "mcelroys afraid of their fans" thing but maybe not

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

AzureFlame posted:

Maybe one day you'll get used to it

Probably

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ariong posted:

IIRC Thalidomide’s side effects can also manifest if you impregnate someone while taking it. Pretty hosed up.

:stare:

e: people containing people.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Aug 26, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Welp see I heaped praise on Sawbones and they went and did an episode on "Havana Syndrome." I haven't had a chance to listen to it but I hope they come to the conclusion it's made up in dumb dumb brains (hope that isn't too offensive)

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Entropic posted:

But what possible reason could there be for the utter ghouls in the US intelligence community to sometimes feel bad other than magic microwave beams?

I did laugh when Sydnee mentioned some people had reported long lasting effects like "getting occasional headaches and feeling tired sometimes"

John Wick of Dogs posted:

But what was Justin"s view. Was he Havana good time?

Russia. :rolleyes:

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Sep 2, 2021

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

wow, “we made gourmet food, but made it like a contrived pastiche of poor people food” eat my whole rear end

yeah crazy man good thing you're here to call it out. Really stick it to them.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

I’m p sure that guys a Previa_fun alt, just ignore them both

That's some impressive paranoia/denial that maybe two different people can actually think turning everything into doomer politics is lame.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah it’s enough to live on, but if you need to have roommates to make it work I’d say it qualifies as “not a lot of money”

yeah adults should not have to have roommates to afford housing

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I mean it's not thursday boots

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

on last page's subject of best ad reads, hey riddle riddle is doing a hellofresh ad this week, and they slipped in this line: "There was one caveat, my meal arrived with a busted onion. So I got in touch with Hellofresh and I let them know that onion busting was disgusting, and that they should at the very least acknowledge the onion."

i assume that they were still mid-sponsorship contract but that's probably burnt up now lol (although based on the hollywood handbook ads, there's a good chance they don't even listen beyond the very first sponsored ad)

ok this is legit lol

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I tried listening to the Besties around the time Cyberpunk came out and god were they awful about that game. Yeah, it didn't live up to the hype and it had a bugged release (the performance on last gen consoles is lol. Why even release it on last-gen at that point) but overall it was a solid game IMO. They completely trashed it and I'm convinced Ron Funches didn't even play the loving game because the criticism he kept coming back to was "too much South Park/GTA humor!" which....there isn't really that much of?

I am MAD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES AND PODCASTS THEREOF.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Alaois posted:

literally unbelievable that there are still Cyberpunk 2077 Defenders in this day and age

Logged on.
You 100% typed "in 2021" first then realized the game came out this year didn't you?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

tell me, do you think all the criticism from trans and queer ppl about having their aesthetics coopted while not being treated with any respect goes too far too?

haha video game go brrrr

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

comforthawk posted:

honestly refreshing when I need a break from doom gloom crime atrocity podcasts :allears:

sucks that you're forced to listen to those

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

McElroys go on cumtown

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sivart13 posted:

I slogged through Inscryption even though I don't like deck building games and I still don't like deck building games so I didn't much like Inscryption.

I say this just to balance out the myriad "I don't usually like card games, but..." takes you can find on the internet

but not every game has to be for everyone

Do you play/review games professionally? If so my condolences but if not I don't understand why one would "slog through" a game they don't enjoy in a genre they don't enjoy.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sivart13 posted:

everyone was so hyped about all the secretive elements I thought it would be worth playing despite the parts that I don't like (most of it)

turns out that may have been the wrong call for me but it's hard to know until you've done it

That it's showing up on so many GOTY lists justifies my decision to play through it because otherwise I'd be wondering what I was missing out on. But I wish other games would be getting those goaties because Inscryption didn't bring me much joy.

I get that,

I'm so spoiled with choice now if a game doesn't grab me pretty quick I don't go back to it. I miss the days of being a kid and my parents would buy me a couple of games a year and if I asked for something lovely or I didn't care for it welp too bad had to play it until my next christmas.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Ok Comboomer posted:

lmao the stereotypical MaxFun fans are coming from inside the thread

you tried to imply I was transphobic because I like cyberpunk

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

i've only just realized the thread title typos McElroy

:aaaaa:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sankis posted:

https://twitter.com/McElroyFamily/status/1495775361090609153?t=FCfGun7RD90yXWdLJ_PlTA

They're doing live mbmbams again. I can't blame them at this point, literally everyone else has given up completely and they're probably really feeling the lack of income at this point.

Good for them. At some point life has to go on, we can't do this poo poo forever

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sankis posted:

I don't think Travis even realized the extent to which he character was just the worst.

you don't say

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Warbird posted:

They got decent play out of the Birmingham show being 69% filled a while back, which is frankly more than I expected they would get down there.

nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

General Dog posted:

Wow that’s crazy, can’t believe someone would get angry in that situation.