Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Button?
B
U
T
T
O
N
View Results

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
just took a peak at his facebook. guy posts A LOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

astral posted:

Just think: if he had actually paid someone to develop and maintain them, he could have made that true!

They cover the current cost of hosting—with as many corners cut as possible—with very little left over for part-time development/maintenance. Jeffrey mentioned it in one of his earlier announcements, but those hosting costs will be increasing as we undo some of the disasters that make up the frightening state of affairs Lowtax let the forums infrastructure (and code) become.

Sounds like you’re just trying to get on that overpriced cookie wagon

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Grump posted:

He's p mad at colorfinger right now.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Is he playing whack a mole with his projections of guilt? Or is his neurons decaying in real-time?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Grump posted:

haha what a loser

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Truly did the internet make him stupid or did it reveal his inherent stupidity??

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Truly did the internet make him stupid or did it reveal his inherent stupidity??

Turns out he was stupid all along and just projecting his insecurities onto everyone else.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
He should apply for a position at Goldbelly.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

my dog died im sad posted:

He should apply for a position at Goldbelly.

Cookie Taster is a volunteer position

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

what are lowtaxes job opportunities after all this? a grocery bagger, maybe a fry cook?

idk both of those options seem pretty taxing on the spine

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Jailbrekr posted:

lol what why? He played a couple shows for gbs when the lowtax drama started and I havent seen them since

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

TylerK posted:

coming out of retirement to say: lmao

Hey aren't you the one who made music for some of the flashtubs? Safe Seth's Magic Show comes to mind.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

lol what why? He played a couple shows for gbs when the lowtax drama started and I havent seen them since

I think colorfinger autobanned didn't he?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
so much winning

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I think colorfinger autobanned didn't he?

That would explain the not posting

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
drat, I thought he was already gone when I bought my account but at least he is now

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
Who has the oldest active account on the forums, now? Can we make them forum Grandpa/Grandma?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Good riddance fucker

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

Who has the oldest active account on the forums, now? Can we make them forum Grandpa/Grandma?

And will they get away with being racist because "thats just how they were raised"?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

so long, sucker

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Jailbrekr posted:

Color is a cool dude and very helpful. This is a bad take to have on someone like him.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

This is the kind of question that could have sidetracked six months of Forums development once upon a time as all resources were put towards this project (and of course the result would never be discovered)

Edit: Oops forgot to put this part in

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I recall back in 2005(?) Lowtax was invited to a university to do a talk about running the forums and the internet in general. I think it was a pretty good talk and I watched it on youtube last year when everything went pearshaped. It has aged, of course, but I think its message is still solid as he describes how people with similar interests gravitate to each other, forming echo chambers, and what you can do as a forums owner to prevent them.

I don't know if he was a wife abuser back then. I know he was an rear end in a top hat, but he was our rear end in a top hat.
That was at the University of Illinois, and I am not necessarily ashamed of how excited I was to attend, since at the time I think even the blowup with """crazy""" Integral had not happened yet to start the red flag parade, but even though it is indeed a fairly interesting talk all things considered, oddly it is not nearly as fun to watch now. I did laugh about how I had no idea what Gaia Online was in 2005, though, reminding me that there was a time before you became aware of nearly all other popular Internet things through osmosis

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 25, 2021

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Bye Richard :fuckoff:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Well, it is done.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBFFMJQibYo

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

spouse posted:

Goodbye Lowtax, I will always have to wrestle with the reality that I thought you were cool like 15 years ago.

Incredibly excited for the new account re-reg, whenever that comes.

I don't think Lowtax has ten bucks to spare nowadays.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

TylerK posted:

coming out of retirement to say: lmao

holy poo poo i remember your avatar as though it were some faded dream from the old web

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I just saw someone replied to his "I sold SA good riddance" FB post with, "I don't know what that is, but I'm happy you're happy" and I just wanted to say that is masterstroke trolling, kudos to whoever wrote that

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

oh dope posted:

That's still astonishingly high. Who is giving this guy money

People who haven't noticed that they're being billed?

TylerK
Jan 15, 2001

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Hey aren't you the one who made music for some of the flashtubs? Safe Seth's Magic Show comes to mind.

Yes. Wasn't my intention to advertise or anything but if anyone wants a nostalgia trip this ain't bad: https://www.youtube.com/TylerKMusic

I don't monetize that channel. Feel free to rip it and do whatever with the tunes. Just a mausoleum of dumb poo poo I made of the dumb poo poo I made for the forums back in the day. I literally give no poo poo. I've toyed with the idea of making a new EP of the bloopity bloop stuff during the pandemic but turns out I'd rather be depressed and drink a lot. So there.

TylerK
Jan 15, 2001

Junk posted:

holy poo poo i remember your avatar as though it were some faded dream from the old web

I made it in Macromedia Flash. Hope this helps you feel younger.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
In hindsight, Uwe Boll looking better, frankly.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

I just wanted to say: Good luck - we're all counting on you.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Bouillon Rube posted:

idk both of those options seem pretty taxing on the spine

lol lowtax has NO spine

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

TylerK posted:

Yes. Wasn't my intention to advertise or anything but if anyone wants a nostalgia trip this ain't bad: https://www.youtube.com/TylerKMusic

I don't monetize that channel. Feel free to rip it and do whatever with the tunes. Just a mausoleum of dumb poo poo I made of the dumb poo poo I made for the forums back in the day. I literally give no poo poo. I've toyed with the idea of making a new EP of the bloopity bloop stuff during the pandemic but turns out I'd rather be depressed and drink a lot. So there.

Don't worry dude, I remembered your name because I ripped the music from that one flash I mentioned and it's still in my playlist 15 odd years later. Liked it back then, still like it! :)
I'll check out your other stuff, I'm sure it's not dumb poo poo.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Richard posts on average, like 7 times a day on Facebook. He has not posted since he was banned :v:

I think he's taking it hard

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Bro his last post was around august last year.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

Bro his last post was around august last year.

nice reading comprehension

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

bradzilla posted:

nice reading comprehension

Thanks! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

bradzilla posted: