Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

feizhouxiongdi2 posted:

2. Why are transgender(transmen&transwomen) rights not hurting feminism?

To steal this question for my own soapboxing about what I think feminism should be: it's about equality. Equal rights, equal opportunities. A feminist should not be better than a man, but equal with a man, with mutual respect. And I want this for everyone - trans people, people of color, any and all minorities facing oppression. I want us all to have the same access to healthcare and food and respect and so on and so forth, regardless of what we are.

And I want to make sure there is no shame for taking on traditional gender roles - if a woman chooses to wear pink and be a housewife with a white picket fence, that is nothing to be ashamed of, same as if they choose to become [insert traditional male gender role job here].

I am queer, disabled and a woman and the fact that I can pass as normal in some contexts grants me certain securities that I want to be universal. I want passing or not passing to no longer matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU