Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Welcome to The Firing Range, a tactical friendship rodeo inhabited by tender friendly Rambos! Maybe you're here for the first time and wondering what all these weirdly named threads are. Maybe you're an old timer who just wants to know why you can't find the lava hockey megathread after some dingus changed its title for the third time this month. To help you find your way around, we've compiled a list of TFR's star attractions and hidden gems. (Warning: hidden gems may be escaping convicts.)

Found a broken link? Found a thread we missed? Drop me a note or post it in monthly chat.

Essential Resources

TFR Rules - Everybody should read this at least once. Maybe more than once.
Newbie Questions - We all have to start somewhere, and that somewhere is here.
General Questions - For when you have a query that doesn't need its own thread.
Mental Health - Wanting to talk about depression, anxiety, or PTSD does not make you a lesser person.
LGBT+ Affairs - The firearms community tends to be a hostile place for non-straight, non-cis people. In TFR we aim higher.
Buying, Selling & Trading - Actual buying and selling isn't allowed on TFR anymore, but there's an affiliated group for that stuff.
Pay It Forward - Giving away stuff you don't need any more.
Monthly Chat - Rolls over to a new one every month. I swear I'll keep this link up to date.
Monthly Match - Shooting challenges crafted by goons.
TFR Discord - See below for details.

Guns & Ammo
.22 Long Rifle Megathread - The little caliber that could.
AR-15 Megathread - Designed by Stoner, carried by stoners.
Beretta Megathread - Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, Beretta phone!
Bullpup Megathread - The rifle's rear end was phat.
CZ Megathread - Czech it out!
Glock Megathread - You'd be surprised what I make in a month.
Heckler & Koch Megathread - It sounds like a cash register.
Kalashnikov Megathread - Like an Energizer Bunny made of 1mm steel stampings.
M1911 Megathread - The gun in the Freep emote.
Milsurp Megathread - From matchlocks to Mausers, this is the place for old guns.
Pistol Caliber Carbines - The Colt 635 looks cool but is actually bad.
Revolver Megathread - Like a record baby, round round round round.
Shotgun Megathread - Short stroking isn't a euphemism.
SIG-Sauer Megathread - Swiss guns. They probably run on watch springs or something.

Accessories & Techniques

Concealed Carry - Carrying a gun is like wearing a seatbelt: better to have and not need than need and not have.
Optics Megathread - I can't shoot the bugger if I can't bloody well see him, can I?
Gear Megathread - Holsters, magazine pouches, vests, etc.
Body Armor Megathread - If Plan A is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come up with a Plan B.
Reloading Megathread - Roll your own ammo and save money (maybe).
Competition Megathread - Your personal worth is not measured in split times.
Long Range Shooting - Crack... Ping!
Hunting Megathread - Turning bullets into food.

Other Gun-Related Stuff

Legal News & Developments - For keeping track of legislative fuckery.
Mass Shootings - Because we live in a lovely world where lovely people do lovely things.
Racism & Authoritarianism - Keeping track of Nazis in the firearms industry and community, because gently caress Nazis.
Tacticlol Megathread - Tacticool? Tactilol? Guns with dumb accessories, too many accessories, etc.
lovely Crime Guns - Stolen or homemade weapons confiscated from criminals.
gunborker dot com - Strange and terrible things seen on firearms auction site Gunbroker.
Deals Megathread - Found a sale on 6.5x58 Vergueiro? Share it here.
NFA Megathread - Legally owning machine guns, sawed off shotguns, silencers, etc.
Industry Innovations - Interesting things seen at SHOT Show.
HEY INSANE TOTORO - For when you see something someone else should buy.
What gun do you want this instant? - All of them.

Regional Threads

California Megathread - Worst state in the Union after Texas and New Jersey.
Canada Megathread - We talk about guns, eh.
Colorado Megathread - Bunch of people living on a big rock or something, I dunno.
New England Megathread - Of Massholes and mountain men.
Oregon Megathread - Home of Captain Log and his birb.
Pennsylvania Megathread - I clicked on this and now I want cheesesteak.

Fun Stuff
Gang Tag Donation Drive - Want a fabulous Rambo or a rainbow rifle under your name? Apply within.
Physical Health - Throw that kettlebell like your life depends on it.
Happy Chill Thread - Because life isn't always terrible.
Photos Thread - All posts must have pictures or those posts will get probes.
Videos Thread - Mostly gun stuff on YouTube, not gun stuff in Hollywood.
Movies Thread - Every morning I wake up and open palm slam a VHS into the slot.
Video Games - Captain Log did not destroy a man's balls in Battlefield 1. That was me.
Food & Recipes - Them's good eatin'.
Drinks & Drinking - Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable.

Misc

Airpower & Cold War Megathread - Spies, subs, jets, missiles, and horrible OPSEC all in one place.
Grandpa Emails & Industry Spam - Sometimes it's funny. Sometimes it's sad. Sometimes it's a mystery.
eBay Megathread - For when you need to turn a box of old action figures into lunch money.
Knife Megathread - I'm going to gut you like a Cornish game hen.
Archery Megathread - There were no bowmen at Mons. Trust me on this.
Woodwork & Metalwork - Whether it's furniture for your house or furniture for your gun, this is the DIY shop thread.
3D Printing & DIY - Related to the above.
Hiking, Camping & Bushcraft - Experiencing the great outdoors.
Cats Megathread - Is a man not entitled to the ham of his table? "No," says the cat. "It belongs to me."

TFR Discord

Click to join.

BeAuMaN posted:

You click the link, agree to join the channel while being greeted by glorious Micromancer. Then you'll be shunted into a single channel; the other channels will be locked. The channel will contain instructions on verifying that you have a Something Awful forums account, which will be tied to your Discord username.

Warning: the Discord server is not operated by TFR or SA forums staff. We do not monitor or police it and we definitely cannot protect you from being goatse'd.

And so, whether you are here to stay or passing through on your way to parts unknown... Welcome to Forum 132. It's saner here.

Somebody Awful fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU