Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

but then they also reference eisenhower and reagan and all of them. is there a point that the timelines diverge, or is it some weird parallel timeline thing, or ?

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

a book series i'm reading (the merchant princes by charles stross) is actually completely explicit about what it does with this actually! the latest one says in the forward "everything up to 2003 is what you're used to irl, but then the Big Events Of Book 3 happened in mid 2003 and the timeline has completely diverged since then. enjoy!"

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Ass-penny

sk posted:

but then they also reference eisenhower and reagan and all of them. is there a point that the timelines diverge, or is it some weird parallel timeline thing, or ?

I imagine it depends on what media you're consuming. A lot of them never bother canonizing anything presumably unless there's a good reason to have to draw a hard line like the 2003 example above.

GoutPatrol

*Stupid Babby*

West Wing ended real life with Nixon, and then just had fake names for their Carter/Reagan/Bush analogues.

Can't wait for the GRRM political history bible with a fake USA, we'll see it in 2135

Macnult

fake president with a very important red telephone

Macnult

sometimes multiple red telephones with the labeled country it is connected to

Escape From Noise

A lot of people don't know this but as long as you are playing the president of the USA in a drama you are also president IRL. This is to prevent time paradoxes and only applies to SAG approved projects.

Macnult

Escape From Noise posted:

A lot of people don't know this but as long as you are playing the president of the USA in a drama you are also president IRL. This is to prevent time paradoxes and only applies to SAG approved projects.

[calling up hollywood]
“*russian accent* i know how we can win back ze white house”

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Eisenhower was the fictional president in H.G. Wells' novel The War of the Worlds. A popular radio show broadcast a reading of the novel on election night, and Eisenhower was elected by people who thought it was real.

alnilam

I've even seen fake presidents show up in things that are supposedly historical. Millard Fillmore? fake rear end name. Garfield?? The cat who hates mondays, president? As if

ty manifisto

take the moon

by sebmojo
its because i wasnt posting in that timeline op

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

follow up question: what if they reference bush sr but there's no bush jr 🤔

cruft

sk posted:

Hold up, OP, political dramas usually have a fake president?

Can we talk for a second about the ones that don't?

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

cruft posted:

Hold up, OP, political dramas usually have a fake president?

Can we talk for a second about the ones that don't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-m1ptBzuI

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Prof. Crocodile

Looks like OP is just asking to get killed by Kevin Spacey.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
The affordable lasagna act is pivotal piece of legislation and I won't have people disparaging it.

Ventral EggSac

Not just that, all those shows have fake illuminati councils running things too, just gotta read between the lines

Weka

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
There's nothing in the rules that says a cat can't be president.

wimsy

What if Batman assassinated JFK. How could that happen. How could a fictional character assassinate a real president.

alnilam

wimsy posted:

What if Batman assassinated JFK. How could that happen. How could a fictional character assassinate a real president.

Autopsy photos clearly show a baterang stuck in JFK's skull but the government still trying to pin it on oswald :rolleyes:

Prurient Squid

wimsy posted:

Someone call The Department For Impossible Crimes.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

take the moon

by sebmojo
"those clowns in congress are at it again" - man on the street in a world controlled by clowns

----------------

wimsy

take the moon posted:

"those clowns in congress are at it again" - man on the street in a world controlled by clowns

cruft

I'm really thankful for the caption on this, it helped a lot.

Prof. Crocodile

take the moon posted:

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

cruft posted:

I'm really thankful for the caption on this, it helped a lot.

its just fanart of an except from a presumably much bigger fanfiction where im assuming goku is the token fake president

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

president dogballs

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Prurient Squid

What if there was a presidential candidate whose campaign slogan was "I'm going to kill YOU" with the poster like the Kitchner thing or Uncle Sam.

"Hi, I''m a murderer and I'm goingg to kill YOU"

wimsy

Prurient Squid posted:

What if there was a presidential candidate whose campaign slogan was "I'm going to kill YOU" with the poster like the Kitchner thing or Uncle Sam.

I would want more information.

alnilam

Prurient Squid posted:

i would tell them to turn on their monitor

ty manifisto

wimsy

alnilam posted:

i would tell them to turn on their monitor

this would mean your monitor was off

Ventral EggSac

alnilam

lol

ty manifisto

take the moon

by sebmojo

lmao

----------------

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

ouch

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wimsy

But.... The only way I would be seeing this, if my monitor was off, is if I looked like that thing

wimsy

Uncle RAM

Prurient Squid

Reporter: What are you guys protesting about?

Protesters: We're fighting for the right for fat people to bbe stupid.

Reporter: Yowzers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

Prurient Squid posted:

hey at least this guy tells it like it is!

wimsy posted:

Uncle RAM

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!