Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Busquets got the rona and now spain cant train together for the week before the tournament lol

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy

e: or a nicer national team

L.H.O.O.Q. fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 6, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

I truly believe in my heart, that Denmark will win it.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Can't wait for every team to get corona'd

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Hegay posted:

I truly believe in my heart, that Denmark will win it.

It's coming hjem

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
drama at the euros

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
lol good

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

With no real chance of a balkan spicefest in this Euros, I'm glad the Ukrainians and Russians have stepped up and get to have a good argument about clay.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
St Petersburg hosts a quarter-final
Judging by the schedule, there is a chance that the third placed team from group C could play in the St Petersburg quarter-final
Indicating in any way that Crimea is not Russian territory (which, for the avoidance of doubt, it absolutely is and I as a law-abiding citizen find the very idea that anyone in their right mind could think otherwise repulsive) could be treated as an offence (administrative for the first time, criminal in case of a repeat offense) in Russia under a recent statute which makes it an offence to publicly instigate actions aimed at violation of Russia's territorial integrity

NB: none of the above constitutes legal advice

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 7, 2021

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The Euros will adopt the new handball rule. Basically, accidental handballs cannot be used to rule out a goal.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57354683

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Canada is having a tough time with a country called Suriname.

Wouldn't that be great if Canada gets knocked out of WCQ by a dutch import team (stupid loving rules FIFA)

stab
Feb 12, 2003

HI GUYS DAVIES IS A SOCCER GOD :siren:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Davies to David! 2-0! :siren: :siren:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

stab posted:

Davies to David! 3-0! :siren: :siren:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

4-0

Jonathan David! (That's a hat trick for those watching at home)

That's his 15th goal for Canada....on his 14th cap :)

Beating up minnows so much fun

stab
Feb 12, 2003

So Canada wins and now we have a home and away series against Haiti.

They pull that off and they stamp a ticket to the final CONCACAF qualifying stage for the first time in 30 years, where they will promptly get their poo poo kicked in by Mexico, the USA and oh i don't know El loving Salvador.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
Too bad about Natio right now, but the way we’re treating ethnic minorities here these days, the next Virgil van Dijk might as wel go play for Suriname.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ukraine has to submit a new shirt design removing some of the slogans, but the map design showing the borders can stay, UEFA says

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Didn't see a Spain MNT thread for the euros so asking in here: what level of hosed are they with this covid outbreak. Will they be playing the under 8s in the tournament. This has important fantasy footy implications tia

sur le web
Oct 23, 2020

apropos of important fantasy footy: someone should make an SA league. I don’t know what everyone is using but I’ve found the official UEFA one to be pretty good!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
lol

quote:

England manager Gareth Southgate and Netherlands counterpart Frank de Boer both received tactical advice from planes flying banners over their training bases on the eve of their Euro 2020 campaigns.

A plane flew over England's St George's Park base on Saturday, with the message "Most Croatia goals come down the left apparently" trailing behind it. The message seemingly was referring to Southgate's decision to take four right-backs in their original 26-man squad. England open their Euro 2020 campaign against Croatia on Sunday.

Earlier on Saturday, De Boer was also receiving advice from the skies. The former Atlanta United boss has come in for criticism for playing a 5-3-2 system in their two warm-up games, when Netherlands teams have traditionally played a 4-3-3, inspired by Johan Cruyff's Total Football.

The plane circled above the KNVB's training complex in Zeist, dragging a banner behind it with the message: "Frank, just play 4-3-3."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-european-championship/story/4406376/euro-2020-englandnetherlands-given-tactics-advice-from-plane-banner

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Venezuela is sending 14 new players to the Copa America after 13 tested positive for COVID-19.

Their first match is tomorrow.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

If for some reason you want to discuss the Olympic football tournament(s) the subforum for it is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=249

Both the men’s and women’s tournaments have already started and both have had an upset already. It might be good! Who knows!

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
We're into our first break of the season & some tasty world cup qualifying. Norway-Netherlands decently spicy through 10 minutes so far

edit - yeah my USA centric brain almost said "start of world cup qualifying" bc the dumbass Hex for CONCACAF starts tonight/tomorrow but y'all already have 4 games played

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 1, 2021

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ref desperate to give Ronaldo this penalty.

Justice! Top save.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Sep 1, 2021

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
Nice goals from Denmark - or maybe just shoddy defending from Scotland

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Ned leads possession 71-29 so far, but we have Haaland :D

ass cobra fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 1, 2021

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
And the dream is dead lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pepe looks shockingly past it.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Egan > Ronaldo

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ace Jameson posted:

Egan > Ronaldo

:hmmyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

France are down a man with an entire half to play against Bosnia. Tied 1-1.

e: Kolasinac injured from the tackle too. Is this good for Arsenal or bad?

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 1, 2021

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Gigi Galli posted:

Arsenal bad?

yes

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Group G starting to get very spicy with Turkey getting impressive Ws over the competition for first place and conceding comedy draws against everybody else.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ace Jameson posted:

Egan > Ronaldo

:thunk:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
lol

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it would be nice if norway had a plan for scoring other than ??? -> ball goes to haaland -> 50% chance of goal imo

e. where was sørloth? is he injured?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

V. Illych L. posted:

it would be nice if norway had a plan for scoring other than ??? -> ball goes to haaland -> 50% chance of goal imo

e. where was sørloth? is he injured?

Suspended, but after today it looks like 4-5-1 is back baby.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it's very funny that norway has a surfeit of genuine international talent going forward and then becomes progressively less impressive until you've got RBK's notably mediocre goalkeeper serving regular duties between the posts

at least solbakken har realised that he needs aggressive defensive midfielders i guess

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Drillo football + an actual world class striker sounds good to me and I hope we continue with Normann and Thorsby at least as long as Berge stays a in the championship. And can’t find a starting spot for Sørloth against quality opposition after tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

if it's an international break, that means I'm subjected to the adventures of Japan, who make the USMNT look halfway composed and confident.

currently watching Japan's qualifier at home against Oman, which is being played in an absolute downpour. The most excitement was a VAR check for penalty against Yuto Nagatomo, who started at LB despite being out of a club for this season.