Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I was in a rush to work yesterday and picked up a bootleg Sausage McMuffin at the Circle K and really it wasn't that bad. It wasn't a fresh McMuffin but it had the round egg and was pretty tasty. They also offered biscuit and croissant sandwiches. I went for the English Muffin version figuring the structural quality would hold up more there than in a biscuit or croissant.

Mine looked most like the bottom right version, a little lopsided from sitting vertically in the warmer, but a good melt on the cheese and no bubbling/burning. I took the risk to grab the one from the back since it would have been the last one placed there.

Now to lunchtime, we've got our options between the hot dogs, sausages and Tornados.

Been a while since I had one of these fellas. Of course you've got your regular hot dog, but some places will have brats, or some weird cheese filled sausages, corn dogs who knows what else. Usually there's a condiment bar with ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, etc.

But, a challenger emerges! Tornados!

You can get a bacon egg and cheese breakfast Tornado, a pepperoni pizza Tornado, a nacho cheese and chicken Tornado, and many other types of Tornados, ranging from EF-1 to EF-5.

GAS STATIONS: WE HAVE THE MEATS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I get the sausage egg cheese biscuit when I'm really hungry on the way to work. Well I did in the before times.

Unfortunately the hot dog buns at same place are always extremely stale, so I stick with getting a bunch of egg rolls off the rollers. Or the endlessly rotating pizza, which I find surprisingly good.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Those bubbles in the top left are very disconcerting.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The closest Circle K renovated recently to start having more hot foot items, but some things I'm not sure they should bother on. Anything with a bun is usually hard as a rock after 30 minutes even in a warmer, unless it's in a foil bag. But I appreciate the effort.

770e4133fe864efdb5a3d5860573ed6c

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

QuikTrip, the beautiful golden god of convenience stores based on Tulsa, used to have decent breakfast options--the best of which was a jalapeno cheddar sausage roll. I haven't been in a QT see the beginning of the pandemic, though, so I'm unsure of the status of the beloved sausage roll.

I have been inside a Mobil On the Run recently and can confirm that their breakfast sandwiches are, at best, trash, even by gas station standards.

I will report back on the QT flatbread soon. I am curious enough to risk food poisoning.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Tato posted:

The closest Circle K renovated recently to start having more hot foot items, but some things I'm not sure they should bother on. Anything with a bun is usually hard as a rock after 30 minutes even in a warmer, unless it's in a foil bag. But I appreciate the effort.

I love going to the DMV specifically because right outside their parking lot is a Circle K that has a sub sandwich kitchen area. Pretty much a whole Subway stuffed into a corner of the big gas station. Some of their stuff is better than Subway (not a high vault to jump over)

The whole store is always very clean. I did watch two drug deals in the parking lot while eating a sub at a table once though.

It's a real hub of commerce, I tell you hwat

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

My parents never let me eat gas station hot food when I was a kid and now I'm almost 30 and still have never had it. I will be monitoring this thread for recommendations.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

huh. we had different childhoods. I think I ate something from the gas station almost every day.

my mother would send me over to pick up cigarettes (when I was like 12 or something, lol) and give me a couple dollars to eat. my favorite was two hotdogs, a chocolate milk, and maybe some combos if there was enough left. I'd put everything from the condiment bar on them, which was: ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, onion, taco sauce. sometimes chili and cheese if the dispenser worked (it usually did not.)

oh, and sometimes they had egg rolls on the roller grill. special days.

The Breakfast Sampler fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 27, 2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

An old buddy of mine back home had a nice garage to wrench on some cars, but it was about 20 minutes away from any drive thrus, but about five minutes from a Speedway. We frankensteined a Miata together out of three wrecked donor cars one summer and had a LOT of Speedway hot dogs. They weren't good, but they sure were food. I'm sure that toilet has some stories.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

those are some bleak breakfast sandwiches in the op. not one biscuit. shameful.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Quiktrip egg rolls are pretty decent.
I'm not a SUPER big fan of their other hot sandwiches.

I do love their ham and potato soup though, which I've talked up in another thread. I will get that anytime I'm looking for something. Hell I'll get that over 'regular' fast food or canned soup from the store. I love that poo poo with a little hot sauce.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Get u a (Southern) gas station that does fried chicken

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eh we've got a couple around here that do it properly (as in the same style/method) and it's garbo.

The lovely mashed potatoes and gravy that you get a craving for every couple of years (don't lie) is pretty universal though

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

If you're lucky, you will be near a Buc-ee’s who puts all other gas stations to shame.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm a little more than an hour away from one and have considered making a trip on multiple occasions.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

halokiller posted:

If you're lucky, you will be near a Buc-ee’s who puts all other gas stations to shame.

The hell is a taco meat burrito

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Akbar posted:

The hell is a taco meat burrito
Out of all the things on there that's the one that doesn't make sense?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Fartington Butts posted:

Out of all the things on there that's the one that doesn't make sense?

Yes

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ground beef + generic taco seasoning in a burrito.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chief McHeath posted:

But, a challenger emerges! Tornados!

You can get a bacon egg and cheese breakfast Tornado, a pepperoni pizza Tornado, a nacho cheese and chicken Tornado, and many other types of Tornados, ranging from EF-1 to EF-5.

GAS STATIONS: WE HAVE THE MEATS.
If the roller station has tornados, it may also have buffalo chicken roller grill things.
https://www.rollerbites.com/products/cheesy-buffalo-ranch-chicken-rollerbites

Get two of these bad boys and put in a tray and then cover with nacho cheese.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Big Beef City posted:

Quiktrip egg rolls are pretty decent.
I'm not a SUPER big fan of their other hot sandwiches.

I do love their ham and potato soup though, which I've talked up in another thread. I will get that anytime I'm looking for something. Hell I'll get that over 'regular' fast food or canned soup from the store. I love that poo poo with a little hot sauce.

We do not have the ham soup here but I wish we did. I do like the the "melts" (which they refuse to call quesadillas for some reason).

The eggrolls though are really solid. I also like the weird buffalo chicken logs. I think you're supposed to use a bun but I just get napkins.

The best thing is you know it's safe to eat in the middle of the night because I have come in there several times while they are stocking the grill at like 2:00 AM.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

CannonFodder posted:

If the roller station has tornados, it may also have buffalo chicken roller grill things.

I used to do two buffalo chicken wieners in buns, with hot sauce packets and you steal a blue cheese dressing packet from the salad cooler

The chili/cheese dispenser is best used on a hamborger, add chopped onions and pickled japapeno and you got a spicy borger

You could also get a bag of Santitas tortilla chips ($2 only!) and then fill a small coffee cup with chili/cheese/onion/jalapeno and put a top on it. They charge you $2.89 and you got a full-on platter of lovely nachos with all the adornments

I haven't been in a while, but Speedway near me used to have a breakfast pizza that was cheese/egg/sausage with sausage gravy instead of tomato sauce. It was pretty good.

Speedway killed Hess though, and Hess used to have my favorite breakfast pizza ever. It was just bacon/egg/cheese, but they used so much bacon. It was finely diced, like bacon bits, but it was real fresh extremely greasy bacon. Each slice was coated in tiny bacon pieces and it was so greasy it would foul the paper plate before you even got to your car. The best hangover cure I've ever used personally, and when I make breakfast pizza at home to this day I try to emulate the loaded diced bacon Hess breakfast pizza.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

WITCHCRAFT posted:

($2 only!)

At some establishments I see the Chester's Puffcorn, Santita's and Munchos for $2 only, but increasingly, they seem to be appearing at $2.29 only! God dangded inflation!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Chief McHeath posted:

At some establishments I see the Chester's Puffcorn, Santita's and Munchos for $2 only, but increasingly, they seem to be appearing at $2.29 only! God dangded inflation!

I was mad about this until they did the same thing but for beer.

All the previously $1 tallboys of keystone, milwaukee, natty, etc. are now $1.20! That's a 20% price hike!!!! What a lovely way to start 2021.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
used to work with a russian dude who would, every day, go to the 7-11 on his morning break to pick up a 'cheeseburger hotdog'. imagine a really thick russian accent saying "cheeseburerger hawt dawg" and that's ilya. dude was fuckin' nuts, though not because of the cheeseburger hot dogs. i had one a couple times, it was okay. i'm really more of a chicken tenders kinda guy but i can gruffle down on a couple slices of 7-11 pepperoni pizza.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

used to work with a russian dude who would, every day, go to the 7-11 on his morning break to pick up a 'cheeseburger hotdog'. imagine a really thick russian accent saying "cheeseburerger hawt dawg" and that's ilya. dude was fuckin' nuts, though not because of the cheeseburger hot dogs. i had one a couple times, it was okay. i'm really more of a chicken tenders kinda guy but i can gruffle down on a couple slices of 7-11 pepperoni pizza.

when you're hungry and have no time and want food for like three bucks, 7-11 is remarkably solid with hot dogs (add free cheese and chili), pizza, breakfast sandwiches

CannonFodder posted:

and these bad boys

their burgers are complete garbage, though

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I got a cheeseburger from 7-11 on a road trip. It tasted like how bathroom cleaner smells. I ate it anyway because I was poor and starving. I felt vaguely ill for the rest of the day

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I saw a dude go into 7-11, buy a bag of fritos, open it up and pour the free chili and cheese in there from the hot dog machines. I had to respect it.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

StarkRavingMad posted:

I saw a dude go into 7-11, buy a bag of fritos, open it up and pour the free chili and cheese in there from the hot dog machines. I had to respect it.

that is genius. basically frito pie in a bag

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
7-11 pizza and burgs kick rear end

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
get you a 40, a burg, and 2 slices, eat it on the walk home. very very epic

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

Lots of people do this.
It's 'a thing'.

Put the chili in the bag, mash it up, eat out of bag with spoon.

I've personally not done it but I've read about it plenty of times. It's out there.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Buy a full size bag of fritos. Dump it in a big gulp cup. Load up with chilicheese.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

Buy a full size bag of fritos. Dump it in a big gulp cup. Load up with chilicheese.

This made me picture someone just straight up drinking the nacho cheese sauce straight out of a big gulp cup with a straw.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Twenty Four posted:

This made me picture someone just straight up drinking the nacho cheese sauce straight out of a big gulp cup with a straw.

Wait, you haven't?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Twenty Four posted:

Put a lil vodka in there. Gotcherself a yellow russian.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Fartington Butts posted:

Put a lil vodka in there. Gotcherself a yellow russian.

lol

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
yesterday for lunch i got an egg roll, a bacon egg and cheese breakfast tornado, and a bag of lime jalapeno ruffles

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Oh Don Piano posted:

yesterday for lunch i got an egg roll, a bacon egg and cheese breakfast tornado, and a bag of lime jalapeno ruffles

jesus christ man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Smythe posted:

jesus christ man

The poo poo I just took very splatteringly aligns with your reaction to what I've done