Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

idiots clapping themselves on the back for doing a good job. maybe read a little something called 'imperialism, the highest stage of capitalism' next time. loving morons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Geographically, what point is it worth it for the ships bound for the Cape to turn back around and just use the canal? Or is there a backlog that prevents things from getting back to normal right away? I wonder if there will be any impetus now to make it a two-way for the whole length.

I had heard that the cumulative delay that had already occurred (# of ships waiting x days) was equivalent to something like 10 years in additional shipping time (if all the wait was allocated to one boat or something, so not actually that impressive)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The boat got possessed by the spirit of Karl Marx.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

etalian posted:

The boat got possessed by the spirit of Karl Marx.

i think you have seriously misunderstood Hegel's Schiffgeist

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Geographically, what point is it worth it for the ships bound for the Cape to turn back around and just use the canal? Or is there a backlog that prevents things from getting back to normal right away? I wonder if there will be any impetus now to make it a two-way for the whole length.

I had heard that the cumulative delay that had already occurred (# of ships waiting x days) was equivalent to something like 10 years in additional shipping time (if all the wait was allocated to one boat or something, so not actually that impressive)

if they rerouted to take the cape, they’re gonna keep going. the backlog alone will take days to get through.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

these are the guys who got to gently caress the boat? good for them.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
The Egyptian government is going to feel threatened by that tug boat being "number one" and have it hanged. Those guys chanting will exchange cigarettes for a mere beating.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
My wife this morning: Hey I'm really sorry about that boat getting unstuck, I know how much it meant to you.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

my wife told me i need a hobby

she's not wrong imo

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Zisky posted:

My wife this morning: Hey I'm really sorry about that boat getting unstuck, I know how much it meant to you.

lol

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Zisky posted:

:hmmyes:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Zisky posted:

brutally owned by wife

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Zisky posted:

:same: but no wife

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

wasn't stuck for very long now was it. who was the guy who said it would be at least two weeks? fire him

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
e: whoa, this is NOT a taco bell! :haw:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Riot Bimbo posted:

O Merciful Yahweh, let this ship rest within the suez canal for the rest of its bitterly short existence, amen.

He’s kept it stuck for six days, so he has to rest.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
The real tragedy is all the Passover jokes we missed out on.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Does this mean the flow of giant anime women is going to stop? That may be the real tragedy here

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nix Panicus posted:

Does this mean the flow of giant anime women is going to stop? That may be the real tragedy here

once an idea is implanted into the collective horny consciousness it never truly goes away.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Nix Panicus posted:

It's like when Capcom pretended to be confused by the amount of interest in the 9' Giant Vampire woman character.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

can't wait for it to sink and dump three trillion shipping containers all across the strait of gibraltar

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Marx Headroom posted:

spinning the boat around wildly to calibrate google maps

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
Remember the fun we were all having, the laughs we all shared over the boat stuck in the Suez Canal? My memories of those wonderful days are so fresh and vivid in my mind, it's like they were only yesterday

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I thought the QAnon Shaman would be the comedy highlight of the year and I'm happy to be so gloriously wrong.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
SEX ARSES MUST FLOW!!!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Chamale posted:

I thought the QAnon Shaman would be the comedy highlight of the year and I'm happy to be so gloriously wrong.

Its not even April

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

good times and thicc animes were enjoyed by all, see you all next crisis!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ever Given has failed us, Bill Hwang is our hero now

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

jetz0r posted:

Official petition to have thicc anime girls as the official explainer for every future crisis. Its the only way I can relate to current events.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Joe Biden's Aneurysm anime girl

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Chamale posted:

wait you think a stuck boat is funnier than the 6th? where a guy tazed himself in the balls to death, and all the other hilarious deaths and shenanigans? what on earth

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

thicc anime chick tazing herself in the balls to death plz

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?
The boat will forever be stuck in my heart

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Great to find out how some many other people have a thing for anime giantess fan art.

Working hard thank you!

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

https://twitter.com/branflakeassMAN/status/1376596469973651457

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

While the canal is unclogged, the saga is far from over for Ever Given. It's been anchored in the lake just north of the canal section it was stuck in since it's been freed. There's slapfighting about the damages caused by the ship and whether the owners of the ship and the cargo are going to come pay for it or not.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The starving snake, driven mad from hunger, begins to eye its own tail

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

While the canal is unclogged, the saga is far from over for Ever Given. It's been anchored in the lake just north of the canal section it was stuck in since it's been freed. There's slapfighting about the damages caused by the ship and whether the owners of the ship and the cargo are going to come pay for it or not.

I just want to know how hammered the pilot was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Drunkboxer posted:

I just want to know how hammered the pilot was