Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
caught up with the show and started reading the comic but jesus christ every character is worse some way or another

the comic is terrible, drawn out and all over the place. just gotta drop it and hope the show keeps doing a better job.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Apr 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

It is kind of ironic that making Amber an actual character gives people that little hand hold to express their hate and misogyny. In the comic Amber was so bland and background that she was all but forgettable, and their relationship was mostly annoying just because it was time taken away from literally anything happening. Assuming I'm not remembering wrong.
Yeah almost every character is worse in the comic. Both Amber and his mom are props. William is an rear end in a top hat. Damien is a cheap joke. Etc

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Memnaelar posted:

So, as someone who never even HEARD of the comic before binging this show, how does it compare quality-wise? I was skeptical going into the first episode and was pretty sold on the show by the finale (even though it doesn't really have an original bone in its body - I LIKE this big old cliche skeleton). Considering buying the comics (like everyone on Amazon just did apparently) but was curious if the show is just on a different level of quality. I know some folks felt very strongly that The Boys was way better in its show adaptation than its comic origins so I'm wondering what the general goon takes on this score are.
I was disappointed by the comics and wouldn't recommend them - the show switching things around does such a better job on characters and events. I guess seeing where it differs can be interesting?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 1, 2021

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Any Avatar show is going to need better animation because its magic relies on movements. There was an article explaining the whole deal but I can't find it

Earthbender stomps down, rock comes up, etc.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 3, 2021

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Here, him calling himself Invincible is farcical. It’s like a self deprecating joke.
Inconceivable?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Watching the show I thought Robot's master plan was to resurrect Immortal or the other Guardians using Mauler tech, and what actually happened came out of nowhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

stev posted:

Yeah for the first few episodes I thought her name was Adam Eve and that there was some gender stuff that would be dived into later on.
Same, took me a bit to figure out what it was. A caption might have given it away?