Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ruddiger posted:

It's also one of the few places where you can see characters grow in real time as well. I think the only other time I've seen this type of storytelling mastered was in the movie Boyhood.

Astro City does the real-time thing and it whips a TON of rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there are moments in this show that look really drat good (I really like the color in this show) but it does not look as good, on the whole, as mob psycho

it's cleaner and more consistent but that doesn't make it better

e: I don't think it's as good as Mob Psycho either but I do think Invincible is really good, I just like the kind of show Mob is more than the kind of show Invincible is lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 2, 2021

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah I don't think people were even saying that? I think someone just brought it up as like, a recommendation if you liked this show or wanted to get into modern action-ey anime.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I like how simple (most of) the characters are, shapes-wise and design-wise (more than a few of the action-focused characters are just dudes in suits/business casual lol) and I think it helps keep the extremely fluid and often abstract animation from being too big a jump in terms of style.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/SolidusJJ/status/1388914572988407808