Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
well that new ep was certainly intense. fun to see Omni run into some stuff he wasn't necessarily equal to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if he keeps this up Clancy Brown is going to get typecast as a red skinned demon man.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if i were Omniman and someone spotted me in the Target I would just deny it. "nope, not me. yeah, i get that a lot!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
up now.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

It is EXTREMELY gory.

just got to the subway bit. jesus.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
here's an absolutely insane frame i capped.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
speaking as someone who isn't into anime much i found One Punch to be really funny. if you want more cartoons about deconstructing super hero tropes you should watch it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
publicly making GBS threads all over your ex co workers seems like a good way to get blackballed but what do i know.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there's also the fact that the family patriarch is a guy who can pick up pizza from Italy and bring it home "before the cheese stops bubbling" so they have a lot of options for dinner.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ccs posted:

Yeah its more implied killing here though. And the extent of gore here is Dragonball-level blood splatter. The show really went next level, implementing how grisly some of Ottley's art got later on.

i never read the comic but i was doing some wiki deep diving after watching the show and spoiled myself on some stuff and holy poo poo, that is nasty.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

starkebn posted:

If the new guardians are the primo supers on the planet, then earth is in dire straights if Omni-Man comes back wanting to take over. Eve and Mark are so far above that group in power level it's comical really.

yeah, Omni would kill them all in like a minute.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
internet do your thing!

https://twitter.com/RetroFirearms/status/1389956216739205121?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Hakkesshu posted:

I really did not expect it to catch on with a wide audience but I'm happy to be wrong!

the sheer scale of the memes generated by that one scene made my head spin. thousands of the things probably.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mr Interweb posted:

do we have any ratings numbers? if we go by internet meme reaction, seems it's much more popular than expected.

yeah this thing has like 1 and a half million views. i don't know just how that translates to viewers but i think it might be a big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pBiY0CL-r8

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

a Loving Dog posted:

Comic books are childish anyway. Who cares, why not embrace it

true maturity is when you stop giving a poo poo about people thinking you like "childish" things. it's your life, gently caress it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
this is a comic spoiler i guess but not a very important one, i was just curious, does Mark ever get a full blown Viltrumite 'stache or does he take after his mom?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

ungulateman posted:

random aside: "they're putting chemicals in the water to make the rooms invisible" is a joke that hasn't aged great. i kinda wish that conversation had continued with:

mark: so the fluoride conspiracies were right?
cia guy: what? no, fluoride's good for your teeth. this stuff is completely different.

"and also, the chemical makes the frogs gay. unintended side effect. our bad."

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BrotherJayne posted:

... don't you post under your real name and poo poo on facebook?

most of em are fully fine with showing their whole asses, they don't give a poo poo.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

As Nero Danced posted:

I don't know if this is something that's ever brought up in the comics, but what are the extent of Eve's powers? I'm trying to avoid falling into the same questions that would come up with Dr. Manhattan and his powers (my first version of this question was "why doesn't she turn Omni-Man's brain into chocolate pudding"), but could she have done anything to stop Omni-Man?

uh i guess the answer is not in her current state.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I have to imagine he was pretty salty about Red Rush getting in the way of so many of his kills.

given the way he killed him yeah i'd say he was a little miffed.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bump (rump)

https://twitter.com/RetroFirearms/status/1401233730681950209?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the ball was made of unobtanium mined on Viltrum.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I don't know what the actor's deal is, but his character sure is insufferable.

Jason Mantzoukas is always Jason Mantzoukas, even when he's playing the Big Bad Wolf or a superhero. he just has one of those voices.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
almost forgot about this show. lmao. hurry up.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yeah Venture Bros and its 7 seasons in 20 years has strengthened my patience for this kind of thing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
neat surprise to go along with the Venture Bros finale.

this show has a pretty crazy cast list.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

All his moves are basically his s1 greatest hits.

hah, they put the subway in there.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://x.com/InvincibleHQ/status/1720222220868542886?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

GateOfD posted:

lol. S2 ep2 was a lot

wow Dupli-kate sure likes getting around.

don't tell me if Abraham Lincoln asked you wouldn't go for it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if they plan on keeping on making this i hope they get their poo poo sorted.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Phenotype posted:

Does Amazon literally want this show to fail? I had no idea the new episode came out, and even looking at my Prime Video it's not on the front page anywhere. I just don't understand what they're doing to this thing.

it's like the Kung Pow "we trained him wrong" thing. they released the show wrong, as a joke.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i'll be kinda disappointed if Kate is actually dead. like why wouldn't you always leave one hiding around a corner somewhere just in case.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if a lady Viltrumite wore a fake moustache as a sort of funny prank would she be summarily executed?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i get the sense being a Harkonnen is kinda lovely even if you're a big wig. except for Feyd, he seems to have a good time.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
if they can survive having all their guts punched out they're probably going to be ok.

edit i read a book with space aliens that could regenerate their heads but they got a new personality in the process.

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

Bookmarking dis post

i would have been disappointed if she hadn't.