Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So, as someone who never even HEARD of the comic before binging this show, how does it compare quality-wise? I was skeptical going into the first episode and was pretty sold on the show by the finale (even though it doesn't really have an original bone in its body - I LIKE this big old cliche skeleton).

Considering buying the comics (like everyone on Amazon just did apparently) but was curious if the show is just on a different level of quality. I know some folks felt very strongly that The Boys was way better in its show adaptation than its comic origins so I'm wondering what the general goon takes on this score are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
So, PSA on Invincible on Comixology Unlimited -- literally only the first issue is free. The remainder is discounted but you have to pay to read it. Really sort of a bummer but at least now I don't have to worry about deactivating that account in a few days.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Azhais posted:

It's not like you can't google "read <comicname> online" and find some Liechtensteinian website with all the issues to read right in your browser

...sure. The Comixology Unlimited thing is an option that a few people in the thread have brought up, however, so I figure, in case folks don't want to waste their time like I did...

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
I binged the entire comic this weekend. It's interesting - the show managed to fit the key threads of about 30 issues into these 8 episodes. I could see the next two seasons going more than halfway through the full comic arc at that pace. It's funny because I went through an arc of really liking the comic to getting actively annoyed with it around the early 100s to then feeling like it swung around and stuck the landing. The comic definitely suffers a bit from being written initially around 2003 but you can see it grow along the way.

Overall, I think it's a worthwhile read and it's encouraged me to watch the series a second time and see seeds that I may have missed the first time around. Good stuff.