Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari

Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

You nearly missed the wall, but then you realised you could just literally drive right into it instead.
https://giant.gfycat.com/SnivelingScholarlyBobolink.mp4

remember when everyone itt made fun of max because he was trying to avoid crashing into other cars and hit a wall. well poois shamilton can hit the wall with 0 cars around him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

daef

lmao russell hitting the grass and thinking bottas clipped him or waggled his slipstream over his wing or something, like bottas has the skill to do something that precise

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A JOYLESS CURMUDGEON WHO CANNOT ENJOY LIFE'S SIMPLY PLEASURES LIKE EATING AN ICE CREAM WHILST HAVING A SHIT

track day bro! posted:

remember when everyone itt made fun of max because he was trying to avoid crashing into other cars and hit a wall. well poois shamilton can hit the wall with 0 cars around him

Max ended his race doing it, Hamilton kept his car going and finished 2nd.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Fraudulent British media with some revisionist views on the incident involving are george
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/56793494

Nice that the new track limits rules mean the literal grass can be interpreted as "the damp part of the track" and smacking someone in the head is "brushing their helmet"

it was the wet edge of the tarmac, he didnít go onto the grass

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

"This is only the beginning of the reckoning. This is only the first sip, the first foretaste of a bitter cup which will be proffered to us year by year unless, by a supreme recovery of moral health and martial vigour, we arise again and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time."

I want Hamilton to retire purely for the clownshow that will be Russell and Bottas taking an all-conquering car and placing it firmly into the midfield wall.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007
European

Khablam posted:

You nearly missed the wall, but then you realised you could just literally drive right into it instead.
https://giant.gfycat.com/SnivelingScholarlyBobolink.mp4

i need to see a full toto reaction compilation for this race.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

put clinton in prison imo

Lipstick Apathy

masterpine posted:

I'm fine with Are Dan giving way. Good lads on a good team and Dan was slow as poo poo. They both know they've got to maximise every opportunity they get this year if they want to beat the scud and that move early was the difference between Norris holding 3rd and coming in 5th. Can you imagine Leclerc giving way to Sainz in the same situation? At the very least with Ricciardo it would be 100x sadder if he was in that Alpine, christ that car is trash.

You've got a point with that, it was team playing and it's a better team than loving Renault. Hope Dan can improve on things next race though.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Dictator. posted:

i need to see a full toto reaction compilation for this race.

Toto is a psychopath. He only knows emotions from reading about them, and you can clearly see when heís trying to look angry heís really replaying things he saw normal people do.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

Mokotow posted:

Toto is a psychopath. He only knows emotions from reading about them, and you can clearly see when he’s trying to look angry he’s really replaying things he saw normal people do.

This confirms that Toto is infact a goon

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Landon is cool but I have trouble believing he has that championship spirit because he waited for the team to put him in front of Dan instead of just overtaking him.

He did a good lad deed by waiting for the garage to put him in front but good lads donít get championships, sorry.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

daef

Mokotow posted:

Toto is a psychopath. He only knows emotions from reading about them, and you can clearly see when he’s trying to look angry he’s really replaying things he saw normal people do.

Yes everyone knows he's Austrian

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Torger Wolff

ArmZ
Jun 5, 2004

You are what you want.

Mokotow posted:

Toto is a psychopath. He only knows emotions from reading about them, and you can clearly see when heís trying to look angry heís really replaying things he saw normal people do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLUBwc8fIY#t=11s

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari

Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

Max ended his race doing it, Hamilton kept his car going and finished 2nd.

that was the fault of the other cars, he had no choice but to crash to not end two other's races because Max is very thoughtful and introspective. Unlike poois shamilton who only thinks about himself

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dictator. posted:

History is written by the victors
So Dutch and Austrian fascists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Pablo Bluth posted:

It's gravel rather than grass. I think his main concern was not getting stuck in it (which tends to happen once your car stops in it) so he wanted to drive on to the paved strip in one smooth attempt but underestimated his turning circle. In the end, because the gravel was wet he was able to reverse over it without just becoming beached.
When I explained to the thread why Max couldn't just slam the brakes on when travelling over gravel, and was carrying a lot of speed and aiming at it because he swerved to avoid hitting the side of a stopped car (literally the most dangerous crash type) I was told "no max is bad he went directly into the wall lmao"

If we recontextualize those statements we can only conclude Lewis is a massive fraud OP and drove directly into a wall despite a much easier wall to miss, no reason to be there at all and many other options available to him.