Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

There will be another surprise race winner like Gasly and Pérez for Netflix to cut a whole episode around for season 4

This is the reason I bother to watch every single race isn’t it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

Imagine if DTS had been running in 2012. Maldonado's win followed by the Williams Inferno couldn't have been better scripted by some hack trying to force in a theme about karmic balance.

Hamilton overtaking Glock to take the WDC from Massa is so contrived that Hollywood would reject it

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

#essereFerrari more like #lesserFerrari

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Custard Undies posted:

Commentators audio all screwed up or is it just me?

That’s Natalie Pinkham’s normal voice

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

It's impressive how quickly Renault went from close to the majority engine supplier to being only a works team

We owe this current weak rear end engine configuration to Renault lobbying

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

your friend wicka posted:

Gasly is 100% going to Alpine after they realize Ocon is trash

He should stay with the best Italian team on the grid.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Local bookmakers offering 5 to 1 odds that a Haas is the first retirement on Sunday. Easy money.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

All cars participate in Q1, then there is a short break and the fastest 15 cars from Q1 participate in Q2. There is another short break and the fastest 10 cars from Q2 participate in Q3. The starting order of the race is determined by the fastest time set by each car in the highest qualifying session they participate in, so the first 10 cars to start the race are decided in Q3.

It’s possible to be 15th in Q1 but start the race from 1st because you were the fastest car in Q3.

In the past it has been a 1 hour long free for all, with the fastest cars at any time during the session deciding the race starting order. The Q1/2/3 format introduces pressure to nail an ideal lap with one or two attempts.

When one team dominates the sport and the cars are reliable, qualifying can be more exciting than race, it’s worth watching.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

El Hefe... still nothing? :cry:

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Jedit posted:

So where do we watch F1 these days?

On Netflix after the season has finished.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Low Percent Lunge posted:

Local bookmakers offering 5 to 1 odds that a Haas is the first retirement on Sunday. Easy money.

Called it

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

is some poor bastard manually updating these loving scores

Weirdly your own points update in real time as the race unfolds, but then displaying your points in a league seems to be done by an intern sitting at a keyboard.

Something has gone badly wrong in the background.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

the corona quid posted:

Air played the race live to my Apple TV 4K and it was simple and fabulous looking

Sold my firstborn to the Murdoch Sky Fox empire and it’s on my telly without any delay

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also, my last Prophetic F1 Dream was disastrously wrong, so my subconscious aimed lower last night: Mazepin will spin out at the halfway mark of the lap next race.

Mazespin will finish the next race but there will be some blue flag controversy when he’s being lapped

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Kimi is a clean racer who brings in bucketloads of publicity and marketing clout, he’s more recognisable than any other driver to the general public except Hamilton. Perfect for an uncompetitive team. Good business is good business.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I’ve been away from the F1 threads for a few years is El Hefe ok?

No one knows for sure.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

track day bro! posted:

they should remove all british influence from australia and give it back to the people who lived there before imho

North America too.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

You can get horsemeat baby food in Italy.

I’ve eaten horse meat sashimi (deliberately).

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

it's hard to see what Uralkali - who sell fertiliser - are getting out of F1. The whole thing's got to be some kind of tax dodge, surely?
Legitimising illegitimate money.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Is there a non-profit organisation out there that uses bots to link bigoted Twitter replies with the person who wrote them, and then forwards the evidence to their employer?

And if so, where is their donation page.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

learnincurve posted:

No they even had sites where people collected tweets from nazis shut down because it’s “targeted harassment”

Targeted Harassment is a good name for my idea.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

oh they rescheduled the weekend again because of the dead royal

Disappointed to realise this isn’t satire.

Edit: and it STILL clashes with MotoGP

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Isn’t there some insanely fast new street race with long straights and a couple of tight bends which presumably means more tributes to the wall gods?

Think of all the least progressive countries on earth, it’s one of those.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

Want to see for yourself? The house is for sale right now. A snip at just €480,000! (Oh yeah, and it has a ridiculously tall dormer window to give you a view of the grid from indoors too.)
A bargain at twice the price

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

F1 fantasy is so buggy that I’m currently first in our league

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

that's not even the full video- before this during the race he and that kid had a coming together and he stands at the side of the track and hurls the bumper of his kart at the kids head.

e:
https://twitter.com/F1FeederSeries1/status/1312763376066596866?s=20

Having a bellend walking on the track and throwing car parts really gives the sense of speed that’s missing from F1 broadcasting

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Dictator. posted:

So apparently this is hanging in a hotel in Monte Carlo which has more paintings of this “artist”

This was not the closure I was expecting.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

They’ll have one surprising outcome from the sprint qualifying, then two completely mundane sprint qualifying sessions then bin the whole idea like last time.

Also one of the mid pack or back marker teams will completely bottle it by under fueling or over fueling or fitting the wrong tires or similar because of their inability to adapt to minor changes.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Azza Bamboo posted:

Legit think they should do Monaco in karts each year.

Send Ross Brawn your CV

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

italian quid posted:

The whole thing is a Potemkin village.

I’m convinced it’s entirely kayfabe except for the literal billions of dollars manufacturers pump into the sport and never win.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

net work error posted:

Who should be my Mega Driver this week so I can make it to the top of the fantasy league?

Are Lando

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Whenever this thread seriously roots for someone something bad happens to them.

Go Max!

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Everyone gushing over Italy is talking about some Las Vegas North American rehash right? Because the real one in Europe feels like a third world country to visit.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

My dog just sleeps through all F1 sessions. A bit like me really.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Not at all what I was expecting

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Zedd posted:

Merc promised him a test drive so he had a good final memory of F1.
He is getting one.

F1 has no time for sentimentalism, someone is making a buck from this, somehow.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

If you haven’t watched free practice one, don’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

w00tazn posted:

I think I'm gonna be first place in fantasy now with that result. Had the top 4 in my roster.

Me too, walking away from the weekend with 230 points