Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Nikita Massivespin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

FAUXTON posted:

idk the investigation would have reached the same conclusion, drivers were told it was okay to leave the track there so long as it did not gain a lasting advantage.

obviously any of lewis' advantage gained by using the runoff there was temporary and dwindling due to being slow and on lovely tires whereas max used the runoff to get around lewis' defensive driving. Stewards might have been inconsistent jackasses about rules promulgation all weekend but lewis understood it on race day and acted within the rules whereas max loving cheated like his dad and got caught

It could be argued that taking the wide line out of turn 4 every lap was indeed gaining a lasting advantage as he was taking the faster line and Max was not.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

FAUXTON posted:

for which lewis was warned though

After 29 laps of taking the wide line and thus, gaining the advantage. Even after he was warned, that only hled up until Max started pressuring him again and he was back to taking the wide line, though tbf Max was also taking it as well at this stage.

NtotheTC posted:

https://twitter.com/NorthHertsSam/status/1376501204415565832

lot more pissbabies than usual ITT after this race, say what you like about Drive 2 Survive but it's pulling viewers in. (dumb viewers that don't realise Lewis is GOAT)

All this tells me is that Checo is only only good an honourable driver on the grid.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

FAUXTON posted:

if it was so advantageous why did max have to cheat to pass him

*lewis runs wide turn 4 every lap*
Lewis shills: This is fine perfectly cromulent way to race if I do say so myself good sir.
*max gets forced off at turn 4, passes Lewis anyways*
Lewis shills: What a cheating fraud

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

The Lord of Hats posted:

How so? I’m vaguely aware that people say Tilke (sp?) tracks are very samey, but I don’t really understand beyond that.

- Long straights followed by a 90* corner
- acres of tarmac runoffs
- usually something stupid like it'll try to imitate a corner or set of corners from more successful tracks
- Some kind of dumb setpiece like putting a hotel ontop of the track or STRIPES!!!!! Or whatever the gently caress that thing is in China
- Generally built in the middle of nowhere and gets poor attendance

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
For every track infringement, Lewis gets a 1 month ban from the sport.

Problem solved.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Zeta Acosta posted:

every driver who violate track limits should be gunned down with machineguns

This but not for McLaren

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Alpha Tauri is better than Ferrari

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I was legit going to get an Alph Tauri hoodie because they are the only worthwhile Italian item on the market, but then I saw that it cost 250 euros and that's like $80 billion in these useless Canadian rubles so I thought better of it.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

The only good pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

E: I believe it's on their menu as 'The Tamburello'

You know it's garbage when they serve it on a trash can lid.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Kobayashi is the best. He is friends with rare chip collectors.

https://www.instagram.com/p/wJtACdw7qq/?hl=en

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Tsaedje posted:

Could it be that he is not in fact better than all of them?

He's a WEC champion and a multiple podium finisher in LeMans. Kobayashi is cool and good.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Ostentatious posted:

Lewis giving an RIP to DMX and not to Prince Philip and making ppl mad is further proof that he owns

This is one of the few good things Lewis has done.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

wuffles posted:

Is there some voodoo to watch f1 tv on...your TV?

I remember last season (and maybe before?) that we had to open it in a browser on our phones and cast it to the TV (couldn't do it through the app on the apple tv or cast it to tv from the app on the phone).

Nothing seems to work now unless we want to watch it on a phone or ipad which is super dumb.

I use a Steam Link. If you exit Big Picture mode in steam it just broadcasts the desktop to a TV. Then fullscreen the video player.

Works well and the steam link and controller was like $20.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Steam Links are good op. Don't get mad at me because you didn't have the foresight to jump on a great deal.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
I use my Gentoo Linux PC with a kernel that I compiled myself. It also plays crystal clear.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Is it crystal clear though?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

harperdc posted:

yeah, even getting the local staff in to run the event (like the corner marshals) will be tough. There's a reason IMSA has already turfed their round at Mosport and made that a second race at Watkins Glen instead. I'm sure IndyCar will have to confirm their Toronto race is off sooner than later.

I'm not sure pushing it to the fall will work either, if only because of the setup for the circuit. same as with other street circuits, you'd need to decide that and not cancel again otherwise you're eating a lot of costs. It's not like at COTA, where there's much less setup required.

The snow starts flying in Montreal in late October, early November, and given that the USGP is already October 24 with the Mexican GP being on Halloween, if you're going to host the Canadian GP during the rest of the North American races you'd have to do it right after the Japanese GP on Oct 9, or more preferably way earlier in the year were it isn't already back to back races.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1382367522612252679

AYY LUIGI YOU STOOPID MEAT-A BALL! YOU WAS-A SUPPOSED TO PAVE-A THE ROAD A WEEK AGO! 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌 🤌

It'll be about 1.5 days of fresh pavement before Quali on Saturday. That pitlane is going to be slick af.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

This is a racism.

It's pretty on brand for Italy tbh.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rectal Placenta posted:

Imagine if Italians used their overflowing passion to design cars that could actually beat fraudulent British drivers.

The only thing the Italians will beat the British at, and even then just barely.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Bob Mortimer apparently.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Pragmatica posted:

It’s a pretty good story.

I like his dentistry one better

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

I think we can therefore all agree that McLaren are MWCCs

There are far too few of these good opinions in this thread.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Pearnicious posted:

Ban all of North America, but keep Checo.

Keep the Canadian GP. Ban COTA and also whatever this Miami one is. Bring back Watkins Glen.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

harperdc posted:

you'd do to the Glen what Tilke did to Fuji, and I know goons into racing all absolutely love new Fuji, right? Oh :v:

You misunderstand, I'm not saying we change the Glen one iota. Keep it exactly the way it is, don't even re-pave it. Just put F1 cars on it.

[edit] Like imagine T2 - 6 of Watkins Glen with F1 cars on it :ck5:

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 17, 2021

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Somebody pull the horseshoe out of Hamilton's rear end holy gently caress that guy consistently has some of the best luck.

Thanks Ants posted:

Lando Norris owns, OP

Agreed OP.

italian quid posted:

I like Latifi but he's no world beater and Russell isn't really dominating him from what I can see.

I like his family's chicken wings and carbonated water.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Such passion

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Gotta keep the ball rolling. These are way better than the lovely umask things McLaren uses.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

ilmucche posted:

Yeah alright drop me a pm lol

Thanks for the offer but the Renault store in Paris does international shipping for not totally insane prices so I just got it from there.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Friend of mine sent me this today.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

harperdc posted:

where was that spotted? somebody's gone through some effort with their decal shop to figure that one out.

points deducted for not having the light bar though.

also a reminder that some course cars were apparently stolen in the UK over this winter but found a week or two later, how do you expect to steal extremely marked cars so easily :psyduck:

Richmond, BC

I'm not 100% sure on the laws here, but I think putting on a light bar when you're not an emergency service is illegal. If you're going to deduct points, you should do it for the fact that it says "Safety Car" but the AMG wagon is actually the Medical Car.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Theophany posted:

Quali is loving poo poo as it is, nobody gives a gently caress until the last 2 mins when the top 3 teams do banzai laps as Crofty screams over it to create the illusion of excitement. Otherwise you can pretty much phone in the bottom 14 positions. At least a sprint race means drivers are fighting it out rather than trying to parachute into empty track space.

The only exception being Monaco which you malcontents seem to hate because of your brainworms. 🤷‍♂️

If they're going to change quali, they should just change it to the FE quali format. That one is always at least fun to watch.

ilmucche posted:

The sprint race seems like it'll gently caress over a lot of people's weekends. Could you imagine hamilton getting taken out by mazepin trying to lap him in the sprint race?

One can only dream :allears:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Zeta Acosta posted:

we need more races in south americaCanada. the continentcountry with actual f1 winners and world champions and current generation 3rd place podium achievers

:amen:

Ban America.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Khablam posted:

MotoGP is 8246 overtakes of no consequence per race then the same 1-3people win it.
It's actively dull.

Fight me.
Bikes are poo poo as well.

italian quid posted:

I wasn't too interested until I got into karting and a lot of the dynamics ended up being closer to MotoGP than modern F1. It's definitely not for everyone but I don't think you can legitimately argue that F1 has better racing and if you seriously believe that you should visit a neurologist to address your brain damage.

Bikes are poo poo.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

Maybe you should make a serious discussion F1 thread that isn't fun and lighthearted 🤔

Here I made one for you

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

Hell I want to leave myself

:same:

And I live in the nice part.

italian quid posted:

Really tired of the whole smugly smirking at Americans right up to the point where it's apparently we've hosed up far worse than them thing, the vaccine shitshow was the final straw for me.
We are legitimately no better than them. Our cops don't shoot as many minorities and our Amazon is worse and that's about it.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 28, 2021

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

italian quid posted:

Really tired of the whole smugly smirking at Americans right up to the point where it's apparently we've hosed up far worse than them thing, the vaccine shitshow was the final straw for me.

Literally the Canadian vaccine distribution model. A Twitter and a Discord setup for word of mouth. This country is so loving stupid.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter
Lewis is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

Thanks Ants posted:

Lewis drove for McLaren so actually he's good, OP

Lewis was good when he drove for McLaren. He was still ok when he started at Mercedes. He became bad somewhere between uncontested WDC 3 and uncontested WDC 4.

That’s the history of Lewis Hamilton on a nutshell OP.