Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

the corona quid posted:

The only Aussie oval office getting pole this weekend is my man Jack Miller.

big lol at Marquez’ doctor blue-balling all his fans

Go Franky! or Jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

TheMightyBoops posted:

You don’t really need to pay attention to rice in a pan; just set a timer and check that all the waters gone when it goes off.

Amazingly a rice cooker costs $20 and does all that automatically

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Fartin Bumdle thinks Max is one of the “greatest drivers ever in F1”

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
should be a rule no one is allowed to pick Lew Lew

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Imagine if F1 was even 5% as good as that Moto3 race

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Can’t wait for Markez to bin it in practice and smash his arm again
or not bin it in practice but be 5 seconds off the pace when all his fans think he’ll stick it on pole and win in his first race for a year

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Grevlek posted:

You guys I just watched my first qualifying in full on F1tv. Am I part of the group yet?

I live in a mid-sized town in the Midwest of the USA. I had an Englishman as a boss from 2012 to 2018, and we're still good buds. He kept yammering on and on about his dumb provincial football team, that has problems staying in the premier league, and I begrudgingly got on board.

This whole time, instead of watching some puddling midlands team I did not care about lose 3-0 at 8am on a Saturday morning, I could have been watching sexy WWE for European billionaires this entire time??? I missed out on red vs silver, and rosberg v hamilton, all because my boss was into the baggies???

It’s not too late to admit your terrible mistake in watching brainless loudmouths and failed ex-drivers commenting on overpaid crybabys, racists and criminals driving for professional grifter outfits that spend the equivalent of a small country’s GDP so they can finish a championship in 8th or whatever

You could instead watch the one true, pure motorsport, MotoGP.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
What’s one more i say

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Fraudulent British media with some revisionist views on the incident involving are george
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/56793494

Nice that the new track limits rules mean the literal grass can be interpreted as "the damp part of the track" and smacking someone in the head is "brushing their helmet"

it was the wet edge of the tarmac, he didn’t go onto the grass

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Azza Bamboo posted:

If nice lads who are easy to work with is the rubric, could we see DanRic in the Merc?

I mean, he follows team orders unfalteringly.

DR would be consistently getting better results in the Merc than Brokeass.

Of course the logical conclusion to Poois vetoing any decent driver in the other car is Meatspin to Mercedes in 2022

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Has Amateurs And Spins

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Theophany posted:

Honestly who doesn't get uncontrollably aroused at the thought of 90-year old Bernie Ecclestone climbing all over Fabiana Flosi in the sultry heat of a Brazilian summer evening, ejaculating a cloud of dust to produce a child?

does he take off his wig beforehand?

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

track day bro! posted:

this thread loves wastemen like hulkenberg and riccardio who will never amount to anything. there are slso some hosed up weirdos who love british cheat poois shamilton for some reason

Danny Ric has 7 wins which is 7 more than 90% of the field will ever have, and only 4 less than Vershlappen who has spent 5 years in a top-tier team

Now if you had said noted fail drivers Sainz, Russel Lando and Leclerk then yes fair point

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

If nothing else, I do enjoy that Max doesn't jump out of the way whenever Lewis shows his nose on an overtake attempt like every other driver seems to (except maybe Albon). It means that Max will always at least make Lewis actually go for the overtake as opposed to the usual scenario where the other driver jumps out of the way and Lewis cruises by, and it increases the chances that the two drivers will take themselves out and make for an actual interesting race for once in the last 5 years of this dogshit series.

Thats because anyone else not jumping out of the way when Lewis goes for the overtake is in violation of the blue flags

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

italian quid posted:

Nice to see the usual racist British contingent being typically racist against the cool and good Spanish EuroTwink Bikes championship 🙄

Thats because their British failriders cant cheat their way to victory ala F1 and just end up crashing (see: Crutchlow, McPhee)

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

They have Charl 😍

Literally every non-US top-tier motorsport person "lives" in Monaco - no one cares if youre a Monegasqueafarian or not

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Serena Williams DOTD

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Compromise - hydrogen-fuelled combustion engines, not hybrid stuff, smaller cars

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
As an Australian the amount of shameless rooting ITT will never not be amusing

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Hamilton fans sowing: “HAHA YES! SUCK IT MAX”
Hamilton fans reaping: “WAIT NO WTF THIS SUCKS!”

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

harperdc posted:

The quotes include “It’s early but my guess is debris causing punctures,” so the context isn’t being properly provided.

Evidence of puncture is that they don’t expect the left rear to be as stressed at Baku due to the left-hand turns; that Hamilton also had a cut tire before the red flag; and that the teams didn’t show any other issues on telemetry.

‘No issues on telemetry” could equally apply to a tyre randomly exploding for no reason, which funnily enough is exactly what AM and Redbull said happened - neither the team nor the driver had any warning.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
The only thing that could make that Webber scream more hilarious is if we could see him when he did it

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

italian quid posted:

Yeah even Quatararo said that but I can understand where the stewards are coming from, that situation probably comes up once every two decades or something so they probably weren't comfortable giving out the penalty straight away. They probably should've DNF'd him, especially give this is a week out from a fatality in Moto3.

Black flag is the obvious choice

i mean surely theres something in the MotoGP rulebook about not having appropriate racewear

At least Fabio had a sense of humour about it, not like Motorsports' #1 whiney bitch Poois Shamilton

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
There’s a pretty funny Youtube vid of a drag racing meeting where some guy rocked up in a Veyron but couldn’t do the 1/4 any faster than an SUV because he either couldn’t work out how to launch it or it kept going into some limp mode or something

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Shut the gently caress up about the tyres Lewis you whiney bitch

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
"Two of the best drivers ever"

No, Paul.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
George Russel the Maverick Binales of F1 but with less success

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Come on Pirelli do you best on HAMs car

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
So glad I remembered to switch to the Pitlane channel before the end, I'm sure the level of HAM fellating by Crofty/Bumble would have been nauseating

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Safety car struggling to keep on track and the radar shows heavier rain coming....

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
At least MotoGP has the balls to cancel a race if there’s non-stop rain *superior motorsport*

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

harperdc posted:

:vince: that is a spectacular coincidence

meanwhile, Max is saying there's no way he can police the Dutch fans which comes off as a bit inconsiderate:

Yes, Max, I actually do think they'd listen to you.

You dont know Dutchies well then

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
:drat:

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Tbh if both cars crash going fast round a corner in the middle of the track then it’s probably not the driver

Latifi was 100% driver, he put a wheel on the dirt as he turned in

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
stfu Lewis you big baby

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Poois gave max no room

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005
Old English F1 hasbeen drivers unanimous in their vilification of foreigners

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Pragmatica posted:

Testing

:lando:

A new F1 gangtag is available as well. I applied it to a few of you already. :)

Hit me!

ROFLBOT fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Sep 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

Nice Tuckpointing! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDRbassT-DE

When Max tussled with Ocon in Brazil as Ocon tried to unlap, Max spun a P1 into a P2, and was pissssed. And venting to Lewis and Kimi in the cooldown room later, Lewis lays down some good wisdom in the video above about how Esteban has less to lose than Max. Maybe Max just needed to vent and Lewis kinda Lewis-splained in the moment. But, man, it shows what experience teaches about taking a guaranteed pretty-good over a high-probability washout. Yes, Lando pulling a slip-and-slide P1 on slicks would have been epic, but, whoopsies.

Also, I'm no F1 driver, but Lewis has had moments this season in which he seems to be forgetting his own advice. Edit; and Max.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZzdS3hpDQI