Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

haas sucks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lou Takki posted:

Every time I see one of those electric scooters I think about Sir Lewis passing VET

dang that's the fastest I've seen a ferrari go in a long time

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ewe2 posted:

this finger

that finger

He's in the points folks

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I wonder if haas are gonna piss on the tire for good luck like they do in their home country

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Butternubs posted:

Vettel is like a guy in a movie who used to be good at something but now he's old and bad and bald. But then something happens to remind him to be good again and then he wins one last championship.

Please remember how to be good Seb

rocky v was a poo poo movie

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alonso is gonna spear it into a wall on some shallow corner and that metal plate in his head is gonna come loose

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

like at least kimi doesn't even try to make it seem like he cares and you can respect that. Alfa is a slow team using ferrari's lovely pig iron tractor engines but it's just a hobby for him.

Alonso's out there acting like he's gonna thrash that lovely renault onto the podium despite being further past his prime than either kimi or seb lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tsaedje posted:

He's Belgian

That would explain his half-handed attempts at staying on the track

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pirate Radar posted:

There will be another surprise race winner like Gasly and Pérez for Netflix to cut a whole episode around for season 4

I mean its been a while since I watched the series but iirc Gasly and Checo got highlighted more because they brushed off their failures than because they won by attrition under freak circumstances

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm debating buy a Moka Pot, should I?

Also on Sunday I will be seasoning my antique Husqvarna cast iron pan I bought a few weeks ago. The most F1 of F1 thread activities.

season the moka pot too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pirate Radar posted:

How can it have been a while, it’s only been out for a week

a week is a while

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol this f2 driver's name is drugovich

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

perez smoking a huge blunt hidden just below the dash

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mclaren's mirrors say bitch on them

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

wow i didn't know murray walker had to retire due to throat cancer

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

valtteri buttass got in there momentarily

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Vettel driving like a frightened old lady

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lmao lewis

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

stroll blaming the wind

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alonslow

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mokotow posted:

Watched the Haas ep yesterday and the only reason I can come up with why Gunther is still here is because he must be extremely cheap to keep around :shrug:

who would want to manage that shitshow at any price let alone the cut-budget salary paid by gene haas and whatever that uralkali pug in a tracksuit's name is

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

v smooth pierre

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

seb driving like absolute poo poo and still having better pace than stroll

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Phwoar that Max lad is certainly one to watch huh

around max never relax

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I've never watched much F2 before but do they have a lot of those hilarious slow motion replays of these dudes locking up around corners?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ilmucche posted:

Most of the teams last year were not going to finish in the top 4 so 5th was top of the midfield race

there also seems to be a firm sense of longer-term development of teams/cars/drivers so if you're a team that finished 7th in the constructors last year and you're in the contention for 5th this year that's not only a (relatively modest) improvement in standings prize money but you're able to point at that improvement year-over-year when trying to land more sponsor money.

if you're ferrari you get like 100 million for being ferrari which has resulted in them being paid the most despite not winning the constructors' championship in over a decade.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

yeah ferrari loving rules lol

how the gently caress do you burn 100 million in free money year after year after year and suck that god drat bad lol

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

like seriously cadorna had a better record at isonzo

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Thanks Ants posted:

They'd probably have managed better results if they used the money to just bribe other teams into retiring their cars

why do that when you can just sell them your engines

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

wow Max wall jokes, so hot and fresh

he just wants to save the netherlands one day by ramming his car into a levee

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Phone posted:

mclaren... do better

having slurs on your mirrors? smh

maybe it's some rich people dog breeder ad

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

chilled

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

doomisland posted:

sounds like max has this WDC wrapped up

yeah the wall destruction championship

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

max testing the limits there

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

Lewis won from pole last year.
Max will split the Mercedes in Quali because bottas does genuinely seem to be in super-suck mode already. Only remains to be seen if Perez can beat Bottas too.

I can absolutely see Bottas regularly dropping to 4th or 5th, big lmaos if he's even sporadically getting beat by gasly or norris

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

valtteri go gently caress off to your stupid sauna challenge 2021

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

track day bro! posted:

shouldn't it be get in there lando, didn't watch fp2 but i'll download it or something idk ugh it woo probably have to be in english

Top 3 lap times were VER NOR HAM in that order but they were doing some Amazon AWS™ number fuckery to claim Lewis was Actually The Fastest

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GramCracker posted:

Wow, sounds like Amazon AWS is actually right for once?

it would own because max would absolutely lose the car trying to catch him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

and then max did a 1.36 or something. rbr is the real deal but we will see tomorrow. at least ferrari isnt pathetic like last year and they actually have 2 drivers this season

Yeah he lost it sometime late in practice and probably would have hit the wall if there wasn't a straight patch of concrete there to give him room for recovering. There's a solid chance he's gonna try zeroing in on where the tires let go in FP3 and with that comes the chance of a wall rendezvous.